Miami Vice 2006

C Glide

I don't see anywhere here that the movie locations were discussed so I am starting a new thread. I have not seen anywhere where the correct location for "Mansion's" rooftop, where Sonny talks to Alonzo via phone call, was posted. They are on top of the Greenberg Traurig Building located on Brickell Ave. at SE 12th Ter. I am working on this movie now for my web site and will be posting soon.

Excellent work. Your site is becoming the definitive resource for SOFLA film locations.How about the next movie you do be a certain 1980 comedy on the subject of golf...

Yup, it is on my list. I just have to deal with this gopher that is tunneling thru my yard first. LOL. I do not have allot of photos from that movie but maybe you could help me there. I did go to a couple of dinners at the country club but never took pictures because it was after dark when I was there. Nothing inside looked familiar. In honor of the 30th Anniversary it needs to be posted.

Yep, I could help you with the locations. just PMabout the gopher in your yard, maybe you could get Carl Spackler over

I don't see anywhere here that the movie locations were discussed so I am starting a new thread. I have not seen anywhere where the correct location for "Mansion's" rooftop' date=' where Sonny talks to Alonzo via phone call, was posted. They are on top of the Greenberg Traurig Building located on Brickell Ave. at SE 12th Ter. I am working on this movie now for my web site and will be posting soon.[/quote']Really excellent , SoflaJeremy . I know the location of the safe house used when Sonny returned from Havana and docked his boat and walked into the house with Tubbs at sunset ( best seen with East vw ) . Its off North Bay Road/ W63rd St , Miami Beach in the Sunny Isles . The buildings in the b/g are off East Treasure Dr, North Bay Village off the Jfk Cswy. I'll dig up the exact location ! :Dhttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=NORTH+BAY+VILLAGE,+MIAMI&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=North+Bay+Village,+Miami-Dade,+Florida,+United+States&ll=25.845301,-80.138075&spn=0.009424,0.024633&t=h&z=16

I believe thats it ( the house opposite as what Bing states ! ) - its facing the water with the small boat dock and curved walkway into the house with the buildings on N Bay Village in the b/g. This is the scene after Sonny comes back from Havana and Tubbs meets him at the small boat dock and they walk into the house and Sonny says something like "Ive just got back from Havana " , Tubbs replies "Havana, Cuba?" and Sonny replies "No, Havana - Louisiana !" .:Dhttp://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH3#JnE9LjYzODErTitCYXkrUmQlMmMrbWlhbWklMmMrZmwlN2Vzc3QuMCU3ZXBnLjEmYmI9NTcuMTk3ODI3OTI5NTMzMiU3ZTguMjAyNzg0MzAwNzUwMDElN2U0Ny4xNzczMTI5MDQ5NjY3JTdlLTEyLjE0Mzg5NTM4Njc1

It may be. I will have to go there in person to check it out or find some real estate add for it on line. It may have been sold around 2000. In 2001 they put an addition on it, the rear room toward the water. Thanks

It may be. I will have to go there in person to check it out or find some real estate add for it on line. It may have been sold around 2000. In 2001 they put an addition on it' date=' the rear room toward the water. Thanks[/quote']It must be it - the small water dock , the background buildings on North Bay Village and the curved path C&T walk around to get to the back of the house.:D

• 2 years later...

SoflaJeremy has a posted a aerial of the garage / rooftop scene #2 from the Miami Scenes during the Crockett / Tubbs / Fujima and Castillo meet at night- it was shot here .How did you get that photo SoflaJeremy - this garage appeared to be closed when I went last year .:D

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

For the second trailer (around June 2006) of the Miami Vice 2006 big screen movie which was the full length trailer a shot above the MacArthur Causeway looking to the Miami Herald was featured very similar to the shot below

( although it didn't make it into the final cut of the movie ) :D:done:;)

IMG_8479.JPG

IMG_8479.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 5

On 14/12/2016 at 7:59 PM, Vicefan7777 said:

Matt, that shot would look great as a mural in my living room. :D

Ha ha ! Yes I agree - do it Vicefan7777 :D

On 14/12/2016 at 6:04 PM, Susanna Girl said:

Great shots Matt!  :cool:

Shame the Miami Herald building is gone always seemed a natural there at the tip of the MacArthur Cswy and Venetian Cswy :D

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...

The former Miami Herald building as seen in the first teaser trailer (December 2005) for the Miami Vice big screen movie (2006) from the Macarthur Cswy looking West. The shot didn’t make it in the final theatrical cut.

The second photo is the building in 1963 looking East to the Macarthur and Venetian Cswys.

A0327E91-3644-4B82-923C-94FC7A0AFA41.jpeg

5087C661-3167-43F7-A355-AA4B7C662C24.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 5

• 7 months later...

I am in Key Largo, Florida Keys and three hours south of the key locations extensively used by Michael Mann in the late fall of 2005 for the big screen movie adaptation of “Miami Vice” released in the summer of 2006. Here is a video of the beautiful house site (now destroye but the bridge, trees still stand we see in the movie) at Sammy Creek and the Overseas old state  road 4a used extensively in the Florida Keys just south of Key West, Fl at Sugarloaf Key.

Of course the show shot in the Keys too for its remoteness but way south ( “Bushido”, “Back in the World”). 

• Like 2

I am at the “ Miami Vice “  location used extensively at the end of the 2006 big screen movie — I am staying at Sugarloaf, Florida Keyst in the Florida Keys and this is very remote. Just east of Key West this is the view from Sammy Creek Landing  (looking out to the Straits of Florida) and the Overseas old state  road 4a used extensively in the Florida Keys.

When filming here in the late fall of 2005 Michael Mann and his production team requested the yellow lines to be removed from sections of the centre of the road they are still not there today. This made the road we see in the movie appear even more remote. Production offices at this time was set up in Key West whilst the main production office for the movie was at the Greenberg Traurig building at 1221 Brickell Avenue in Miami itself from May  through December 2005.

IMG_6193.jpeg

IMG_7078.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3