Rare 80s TV series ???

Joe

Does somebody know some information about rare 80s series like Midnight Caller, Police Story and especially two series which were produced as VICE "Spin-Offs". Of course these two series weren´t a spin off because the were produced by other channels.The names: Hollywood Beat and The Insiders.

Midnight Caller" data-date=" [I">

Police Story and especially two series which were produced as VICE "Spin-Offs". Of course these two series weren´t a spin off because the were produced by other channels.The names: Hollywood Beat and The Insiders.

I remember I posted info and pictures about HOLLYWOOD BEAT and INSIDERS before.They both failed poorly.

I do recall Hollywood Beat with Jack Scalia, it lasted for only a few episodes.The Insiders was very similar to MV, both shows debuted in 1985.Just checked on ioffer.com to see it anyone was selling them on dvd-r, no results.

I do recall Hollywood Beat with Jack Scalia' date=' it lasted for only a few episodes.The Insiders was very similar to MV, both shows debuted in 1985.Just checked on ioffer.com to see it anyone was selling them on dvd-r, no results.[/quote']I've created a thread with photos from three rip off series in the SCRAPBOOK SECTION.

Thanks for information !!!Unfortunately' date=' there aren´t any DVDs or something on youtube !:evil:[/quote']They didn't last long enough to get enough material to show on you tube. :)

• 1 year later...

Rare 80's TV Series

To say nothing of other Michael Mann series such as Sonny Spoon or Stingray.

I don't recall either of these series . I do, however, remember propably one of Mr. Mann's earliest efforts, VEGAS starring Robert Urich and Tony Curtis from the 1970s. I enjoyed his cool 50's Thunderbird that he parked in his living room!

• Administrators

I remember Stingray.I also recall them trying to spin off the younger detectives that were in Leap of Crap but that didn't go anywhere either as far as I can recall.

Funny I never heard of either of these series mentioned?Stingray rings a bell but never saw an episode. Was that about a cop who drove a Vette?One of Manns great projects in my humble opionion was Crime Story...Loved that show too!

• 6 months later...

Mmmmm i cam remember a series but the name of this series is not coming in my mind actually this is very great story with both sides love story and have a lot of suspense in this series but i am not remembered the name of this series now....

I've found old promos for The Insiders, Hollywood Beat and Houston Knights, but after amassing literally thousands of old VHS tapes, no actual episodes. I've heard Houston Knights actually wasn't bad, but the other two were apparently pretty terrible.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently got a couple of old VHS tapes with Lee Van Cleef and a very young Demi Moore, in a show called The Ninja Master. 

But I guess it didn't work out very well as it only were made 13 episodes.

Still a lot of fun, and the show also stars Sho Kosugi and Timothy Van Patten.