DID CROCKETT EVER EAT?

COOPER&BURNETT

Don himself actually quit.

Yes, there was that People magazine article in '87 covering Sonny and Caitlin's marriage, and it made mention of Crockett's chubbier-than-usual appearance, which DJ attributed to his quitting smoking in real life.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Spyder

• MrsEvanFreed

• cheetah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes' date=' there was that People magazine article in '87 covering Sonny and Caitlin's marriage, and it made mention of Crockett's chubbier-than-usual appearance, which DJ attributed to his quitting smoking in real life.[/quote']That is correct.

• Administrators
I think he was eating a bread roll in the episode "no exit" just before Bruce Willis' wife organised to meet a hit man. Crockett was on his boat.
I'll have to check' date=' but that does sound like I remember something like that.[/quote'] I believe Sonny was eating what looked like a hero sandwich. You can see it pretty clearly when he shoves the rest of it in Elvis' mouth.

It's a good thing I started this thread (I'm the king of starting threads by the way), as I really didn't realize that Crockett was shown eating so many things.I'm glad I started this thread.Everyone has come through on this, and proved that he DID in fact, eat on the show.

Yes' date=' there was that People magazine article in '87 covering Sonny and Caitlin's marriage, and it made mention of Crockett's chubbier-than-usual appearance, which DJ attributed to his quitting smoking in real life.[/quote'] Funny, but I've read a different version somewhere, that DJ had to gain some weight for the "Sweet Hearts Dance" movie (which was made right before season 4). When he already started to lose it, the director called him again to retake some scenes. And after that he didn't have enough time to lose weight before MV shootings. Can't name the article now, but it has to be somewhere on this site. ;) Don't know if it's true or not, though... ?( It's kind of weird how we get so many different versions of everything. :rolleyes:

Oh' date=' by the way... Spyder, do you know where to find the People magazine article you've mentioned?[/quote'] I'm not Spyder but I guess I can help you with this one as I read this article online a few weeks ago. It actually says: " Johnson, 37, appears chubbier than when he started the show four years ago, probably the result of kicking cigarettes." and it can be found right here: http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20097654,00.html
  • Like 1

Now I remember that I've read this article too (though it was no harm for me to have this pleasure once again ;)), but probably didn't pay much attention to the "quitting smoking" part. Actually it doesn't say it in DJ's words, it looks like just a reporter's observation: "Johnson, 37, appears chubbier than when he started the show four years ago, probably the result of kicking cigarettes. " So the mystery is still unsolved. :D

appears chubbier than when he started the show four years ago, probably the result of kicking cigarettes. " So the mystery is still unsolved. :D

That and DJ was living just a bit more comfortably now that he was a gazillionaire in the show's fourth season! :)

Yes, he did start smoking again after Vice. (I remember an interview with him and Melanie Griffith, where the reporter described them smoking, and they also said that it was very hard for them both to quit). But I don't know the exact time period when it happened, so it's hard to tell concerning "The Hot Spot". (For example, Nash Bridges never smoked, but Don did at the time of filming the show, as far as I know.)

But he did it only while working undercover' date=' as far as I can remember, not in his daily life.[/quote'] May be. I don't remember. I watched it long ago

This is weird - he barely ate, in fact he just nibbled at food but in the first two seasons he smoked like a chimney! As a non-smoker I found it quite annoying although I must admit that the way he was lighting up his cigarette sometimes looked sexy :o I'm sure my reaction would have been different if I had smelt it - nothing sexy! :sick:

May be. I don't remember. I watched it long ago

He smoked a cigar in the GREAT McCARTHY.Switek and Zito smoked cigars.

This is weird - he barely ate' date=' in fact he just nibbled at food but in the first two seasons he smoked like a chimney! As a non-smoker I found it quite annoying although I must admit that the way he was lighting up his cigarette sometimes looked sexy :o I'm sure my reaction would have been different if I had smelt it - nothing sexy! :sick:[/quote']I also don't smoke, and I don't like it, but they way he smoked looked soooo coool. I prefered seeing Crockett smoke, as he looked cool.