Beulah Land...1980 NBC tv miniseries

MrsEvanFreed

Finally tracked this down on dvd on Amazon.comSet in Antebellum Georgia, during slavery and the Civil War.With an impressive ensemble cast, that includes Don Johnson.Came out 3-4 yrs before ABC's North and South.Like that one, Beulah Land was based on a book series.The late Paul Shenar from "Scarface" also co-starred.I first saw it back then, when it premired.Has anyone else here seen it?In case anyone would like to, the entire miniseries is uploaded on youtube.Part one...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=683wHb-pXg0

A lot, I think! I didn't count, but it contains 3 epidodes about 90 minutes each. ;)I've seen it recently. A decent film about the times of Civil War, and a romantic story too, I stayed absorbed even after DJ's character was gone. :) Not a nice sight his character is, I must say (a bad guy)... but surely interesting as another DJ's part. It's funny how different he can be.

Oh yeah... especially in that wedding night scene. :eek: The only movie (from those I've seen) where DJ looked even more disgusting was "Melanie". It's just amazing how he can change from the most beautiful and sweetest creature to a loathsome monster... and all with the same face. (I mean his characters on the screen, of course).