FINALE MV WRAP PARTY INVITE!

COOPER&BURNETT

This rare item is the MIAMI VICE series finale wrap party invite!This was given to the Cast and Crew.How many of these could still exist?This could possibly be the very last MIAMI VICE Collectible from the VICE series that was made.Eingefügtes BildANOTHER .WS EXCLUSIVE!

• Like 1

You are right...Could be the final collectable...And it's the 'final wrap' party invite, unless there's pics floating around somewhere...You never know. Well, COOP, looks like that's suitable for framing...Another question is...Whos hands was it in??(?(?(?(.. Would be interesting to know, right? Thanx for sharing this with us COOP, YOU rock!! Your pal, Mike:thumbsup:...

You are right...Could be the final collectable...And it's the 'final wrap' party invite' date=' unless there's pics floating around somewhere...You never know. Well, COOP, looks like that's suitable for framing...Another question is...Whos hands was it in??(?(?(?(.. Would be interesting to know, right? Thanx for sharing this with us COOP, YOU rock!! Your pal, Mike:thumbsup:...[/quote']I know who owned this invite.;) You didn't have to surrender the invite to enter, as they had your name at the door if you were on the list of invitees.Icemanmike, It's my honor to share with you. You especially are always so appreciative, how could I not share?Dude, your the best, and YOU rock.....BIG TIME!!!!-COOP

Here's a little history on "Woody's on the beach", where the final wrap party took place. Miami New Times archives week of November 2 - 8, 1988 ​Ronnie Wood is one of the world's most famous bass guitar players thanks to his tenure with the Rolling Stones. But did you know that back in the '80s he was part owner of a live music venue on Miami Beach called Woody's? Well, it's true. Woody's Miami Beach was a live music venue, bar, and club located at 455 Ocean Drive on Miami Beach, and according to the ad we pulled for this week's Archive Diver, Ray Charles was booked for a show there way back on November 3, 1988.Ray Charles is the famous blind musician who took a gospel singing background, applied it to making pop music, and changed the world.By 1988 he was already a legend. It would have been cool to see him perform.In 1988 Wood opened "Woody's on the Beach" in Miami, a club featuring a house band headed by Bobby Keys, hosting performances by local acts, friends of Wood's and occasionally Wood himself. The defunct hotel which housed the club allowed Wood to set up a VIP area upstairs, displaying Wood's artwork and providing private party areas. The club was popular, but was closed due to complaints from neighbours who found it too loud.It closed in May of 1989, the month after MIAMI VICE had it's wrap party there.Here's the full ad for the show as it appeared in the November 2 - 8, 1988 issue of the Miami New Times.Eingefügtes Bild

Sounds like a fun place...Being on the beach and in Miami and all...So....Coop, you gonna tell who the invite holder was or do I have to beg, plead or just wait..LOL...Thank You for the kind words Coop, I appreciate it, Mike

I was in Miami that particular weekend of 1989, but didn't know the party was being held there, should've guessed (not that I would've gotten in, but I was working for MTV at the time and could've made some calls). I've been to the Woody's when it was in NYC. It was a downstairs club, all painted black. I do remember the bartender had a MAJOR attitude problem...

Being it closed the month after MIAMI VICE had it's wrap party there, MIAMI VICE may have been one of the last venues at Woody's.I wonder if they had any singers performing for entertainment?

Funny its odd reading this seeing as I was born about 20 days latter from the ray charles show.

In that case, you wouldn't have seen Ray Charles' show. Then again, neither could he. ;):)

Me likey!

Cool!That's what I want. Members here to like these very rare things. No other website has one. Score another victory for team .WS! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You know that we all love the fantastic things you always share with us, Coop! Every time I have a look at the site, I find more amazing things. But I agree with Mike, I would really appreciate to hear from whom you had gotten this great item!

You know that we all love the fantastic things you always share with us' date=' Coop! Every time I have a look at the site, I find more amazing things. But I agree with Mike, I would really appreciate to hear from whom you had gotten this great item![/quote']The invite was owned by Crew member Joe Tripi.I'm very happy that you like the rare invite, and the items that I bring to this site.Want a secret?......I still have more items to share. :glossy:

Coop, I'm soooo chopping at the bit now....You know, you make my head spin on all this cool stuff you have collected AND hung on to over the years and there's still MORE? Coop, I don't know how you do it. Thank You so much for sharing. Honestly, I never thought so much cool, fun memoribilia would circulate from a TV show. If it was a show that ended/cancelled 5 years ago would be on thing, yet Vice ending quite some time ago is another. Keep a good pace on this as it's kinda like fine wine and each indevidual piece needs to be savored and appreciated as I and many others here do for what you keep coming up with. Thanx, Coop, you make this site a extra fun place to be, my friend. :clap::clap::clap:...I'll keep a look-out for upcoming additions:radar::radar:...Mike

Coop' date=' I'm soooo chopping at the bit now....You know, you make my head spin on all this cool stuff you have collected AND hung on to over the years and there's still MORE? Coop, I don't know how you do it. Thank You so much for sharing. Honestly, I never thought so much cool, fun memoribilia would circulate from a TV show. If it was a show that ended/cancelled 5 years ago would be on thing, yet Vice ending quite some time ago is another. Keep a good pace on this as it's kinda like fine wine and each indevidual piece needs to be savored and appreciated as I and many others here do for what you keep coming up with. Thanx, Coop, you make this site a extra fun place to be, my friend. :clap::clap::clap:...I'll keep a look-out for upcoming additions:radar::radar:...Mike[/quote']Trust me Icemanmike,...............there is more.I will post other items from time to time.I take this much care, and time with you all because.........I love you guys. Your my friends. Besides, this stuff is Waaaaaaaay Cool! :thumbsup:Eingefügtes Bild

[COLOR="Purple"">

Wonder if any of the guys in Max Weinburg's band played there when they were a Miami group' date=' "Miami Horns" or something like that.[/color']

I don't know. I don't know how one could find out.

Very interesting Coop ! thanks to share with us your fabulous things about MV !

Too bad these items can't be on display at the MV convention.I'll do it someday, somewhere.........because it's never been done.

Being it closed the month after MIAMI VICE had it's wrap party there' date=' MIAMI VICE may have been one of the last venues at Woody's.I wonder if they had any singers performing for entertainment?[/quote']Coop: :clap:That`s why I didn`t find it.