38' KV Scarab's ONLY!

Sonny-Crockett

I just won an E/bay auction with that ad!I am LOOKING for any and all Scarab 38KV ads, promo material you guys have!come on...WHAT DO YOU HAVE?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonny-Crockett

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Stinger390X

• Smacky

• 1 month later...
Eingefügtes BildIs this a STINGER or a SCARAB? I'm guessing STINGER.I'm not the expert, Stinger390X is.

• Administrators

HA! HA!The weather has been nice this week in FLA. 80's and the water is warm...bring that Stinger down!

Where abouts are you. I'm 1/2 hour North/West of Tampa.

• 2 months later...
Guest neworder

I watched a delightful CSI Miami episode today. There I was watching it think it was another standard episode and then WHOA, a drive by occurs and their vehicle of choice is none other than the 38KV scarab. Great throwback to Vice and in addition one of the main characters was sporting tortoise coloured Ray Bans throughout the ep and also this episode managed to be actually filmed in Miami, so overall turned out to be one of the best CSI Miami episodes I've ever seen. Shame the Scarab was being driven by criminals rather than two cool undercover cops but nevertheless a pleasure to see. Unfortunatly I wish they had let the sound of the lovely engines come through more but they put music over most it; anyway here's some pictures of the Scarab in CSI Miami. Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildScenes taken from CSI Miami Season 3 Ep 2 'Pro Per'. Most of the scarab action takes place in the first 7/8 minutes of the episode if anyone's interested in viewing it for themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
Eingefügtes BildIs this a STINGER or a SCARAB? I'm guessing STINGER.I'm not the expert' date=' Stinger390X is.[/quote']SCARAB 38KV all the way.....I know that DASH! Since I own a 38KV Scarab!

Original KVAnother pic. See the Video of this cruise on Youtube.com search "Original Miami Vice Scarab" There is an Icon of the nose of the boat. Its a 6 minute video we did last summer.

post-145-13892962944994_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

ORIGINAL KV PICSHere are a few new pics taken a few weeks ago. Hope you like them. Also, the rumor is true. I am working with Barret Jackson about selling the Scarab in Palm Springs in April. Maybe she will end up back in Miami.Cheers!JimSorry, got to figure out how to resize these pics. they are of HD quality.I'll post them soonThanks

post-145-13892962989659_thumb.jpg

post-145-13892962989872_thumb.jpg

So Jim you actually ARE thinking of selling?Sorry to hear that.Also sorry I could not make it to the Thousand Island Poker Run this year as my tranny was out of the starboard side, and I did not get the boat repaired in time for the run. I'll be there next year with bells on...even if I have to paddle the boat!Too bad we could not have gotten the two boats together for a great photo shoot? :(

• 2 months later...

Here are some photos of my 38KV on my trip over the 4th of July weekend raft up. I lived on her for 3 days and enjoyed every minute of it!

post-135-13892962996885_thumb.jpg

post-135-13892963030604_thumb.jpg

post-135-13892963030821_thumb.jpg

Ok....the story.Back in 1986-1987 my dad bought a 43' Wellcraft Portofino at the Tampa Boat Show. Parked next to our new boat was "THE" Miami Vice Scarab and everyday I went to school in Sarasota we would go right by the Wellcraft Facotry and several boat dealers, the Scarab 38 captured my heart.I looked for several years, and finally came across my boat. Just a life long dream to own a 38KV Scarab. I looked at 5 of them before buying this one. It was all original up until 2002 when they repainted the boat, changing the top deck teal to white, redoing the Transom, new 500HP Mercruiser Racing Engines, and was babied and taken care it's whole life (stored indoors-not left in the water etc...) I almost bought a newer Cigarette 38' Top Gun. Looking back I am glad I did not as I have something very rare, very cool, and looks awesome. I have seen $400,000 boats get ignored to look at my "old-school" Scarab.I plan on keeping her and I might repaint the top deck back to Teal.Like Stinger390 he loves his boat, and I love mine...