38' KV Scarab's ONLY!

Sonny-Crockett

Did you find it in a classified boat section of the paper?I wonder why someone would paint the top white??Are these newer engines? Are these more powerful than the stock engines, or did they always have 1,000 horsepower?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonny-Crockett

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Stinger390X

• Smacky

I looked in Boat Trader, Offshore Only.com, Craigslist, etc....I ended up finding her in Annapolis MD, after working a deal on an airplane that I was flying to the new owner/broker type of thing. I just found out the old owners of my boat now live about 3 miles from where I keep the boat now! They saw it the other day and sent me an email.

I wonder why someone would paint the top white??Are these newer engines? Are these more powerful than the stock engines' date=' or did they always have 1,000 horsepower?[/quote']Nice pictures! You must be proud.

I wonder why someone would paint the top white??Are these newer engines? Are these more powerful than the stock engines' date=' or did they always have 1,000 horsepower?[/quote']Could you answer these questions?

Could you answer these questions?

Repainted in 2002. Teal NON SKID Deck was going dull and he wanted a more modern look, so he painted the top white. It was done in IMRON and is perfect, I still toy with the idea of repainting back to teal, but I will NOT have the non-skid deck! It is slippery though when wet!The factory engine were mercruiser 454 340HP a side, since the last owner was a Mercrusier Dealer he installed two Mercrusier 500EFI Blue Racing Motors, they are a work of art and sound fantastic! He also added a CORSA exhaust system...Jim's boat (earlier in this thread) is the FINEST ONE available in the world, I consider mine the 2nd best in the world, in fact Jim turned me onto this boat and told me if he didn't buy his PERFECT SCARAB he would be this one, that was all I needed to hear, so I went for it! I will watch how the Barrett Jackson Auction goes on his boat.

Repainted in 2002. Teal NON SKID Deck was going dull and he wanted a more modern look' date=' so he painted the top white. It was done in IMRON and is perfect, I still toy with the idea of repainting back to teal, but I will NOT have the non-skid deck! It is slippery though when wet!The factory engine were mercruiser 454 340HP a side, since the last owner was a Mercrusier Dealer he installed two Mercrusier 500EFI Blue Racing Motors, they are a work of art and sound fantastic! He also added a CORSA exhaust system...Jim's boat (earlier in this thread) is the FINEST ONE available in the world, I consider mine the 2nd best in the world, in fact Jim turned me onto this boat and told me if he didn't buy his PERFECT SCARAB he would be this one, that was all I needed to hear, so I went for it! I will watch how the Barrett Jackson Auction goes on his boat.[/quote']So your boat is FASTER than Crockett's boat?! WOW!Keep us posted on the auction!

So your boat is FASTER than Crockett's boat?! WOW!Keep us posted on the auction!

Original Factory boat would go 58 MPH TOP END!Mine today, with perfect weather conditions 75 MPH!

Original Factory boat would go 58 MPH TOP END!Mine today' date=' with perfect weather conditions 75 MPH![/quote']That's pretty damn fast!!CROCKETT had a turbo put on in THE GREAT McCARTHY on his STINGER390X. I wonder which boat is faster?

That's pretty damn fast!!CROCKETT had a turbo put on in THE GREAT McCARTHY on his STINGER390X. I wonder which boat is faster?

I would still be faster........what say you Stinger390?

That's pretty damn fast!!CROCKETT had a turbo put on in THE GREAT McCARTHY on his STINGER390X. I wonder which boat is faster?

Actually that is true! However... in reality the boat used in the great McCarthy actually had twin 871 blowers on top of the 502's that were in the engine bay. Crocket just said that as part of his dialogue in the episode.That boat was a hundred mile an hour boat almost!!!The camera boat was all stock with a pair of 420's (the other 390x)By the way SC, I love your boat! Nice find, and actually if you leave the top white it might be better as the no-slip surface is very useful!!!!! I have the non-skid top as well on my deck

Actually that is true! However... in reality the boat used in the great McCarthy actually had twin 871 blowers on top of the 502's that were in the engine bay. Crocket just said that as part of his dialogue in the episode.That boat was a hundred mile an hour boat almost!!!The camera boat was all stock with a pair of 420's (the other 390x)By the way SC' date=' I love your boat! Nice find, and actually if you leave the top white it might be better as the no-slip surface is very useful!!!!! I have the non-skid top as well on my deck[/quote']I read on Offshoreonly.com and SeriousOffshore.com that the race NONE of the boats would go any faster than 65 MPH!That was back in 1985...a lot has changed back thenHowever KEEP IN MIND that a GRANDMA names Betty Cook won the worlds in a 37'7" (38KV) hull... SHE WON THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OFFSHORE TITLE IN A SCARAB!!!!!

Actually that is true! However... in reality the boat used in the great McCarthy actually had twin 871 blowers on top of the 502's that were in the engine bay. Crocket just said that as part of his dialogue in the episode.That boat was a hundred mile an hour boat almost!!!

100 MILES AN HOUR?????!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::shout:WOW!!!!!!:shout:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, just found it yesterday! I am a huge MV fan and absolutely LOVE both the Stinger and Scarab. I have 2 of the Revell Scarab model kits on my shelf. My question: I noticed that the "real" KV has a wider strip on the side of the hull than the "MV Edition" KV. Is that true? I would kill to have either of the 2 boats in my collection. I currently have a Chaparral w/496 Mag. I also have been looking for a clean Scarab III as I love the lines on them as well. Thanks for posting all of the photos and keep em coming for us dreamers!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I have a Smith & Wesson 4506 that Crockett used in season 5 and I have models of both Ferraris! And of course the whole DVD set.

Hi guys' date=' I am new to this forum, just found it yesterday! I am a huge MV fan and absolutely LOVE both the Stinger and Scarab. I have 2 of the Revell Scarab model kits on my shelf. My question: I noticed that the "real" KV has a wider strip on the side of the hull than the "MV Edition" KV. Is that true? I would kill to have either of the 2 boats in my collection. I currently have a Chaparral w/496 Mag. I also have been looking for a clean Scarab III as I love the lines on them as well. Thanks for posting all of the photos and keep em coming for us dreamers![/quote']Yes, most of the show boats had a curved stripe, however some episodes had the straight strip, Miami squeeze comes to mind, infact the boat didn't had an Arch! gasp! Stingers are rare, and Miami Vice edition Scarabs are rare too.....Wellcraft only sold about 50 MV editions (they built about 100+ Scarab 38KV's)The Scarab III was in a few episodes as well, and I think it is a lot of boat for the money. Welcome to the club!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...