"Glades" was masterfully scored

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

This is an episode that is frequently cited as one of season one's weakest, and I would agree except for one area, and that is Jan Hammer. If you've never watched this episode specifically to listen to his scoring I would recommend it. It's great throughout but the part in the boat when Cassie is taking C&T back to her house is just amazing in how well it works.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Only reason I watch that ep haha. Also, the television spot for that ep was the first image of MV I ever saw. I was like "hey what's that guy doing on the roof? (4yr old voice)" :)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

This one one of the first episodes I watched. Saw it during summer reruns. I actually like it! Nice change of pace from the normal glitzy style. The scoring of the climax is excellent. The cue that plays during the standoff with the guy & the child is used a few times during the first part about of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. The bg music used for the Jeep ride with Pankow and the other guy reveals Jan's jazz-rock roots. Rhythm, harmonies, modulations and solos remind me of his synth work on Billy Cobham's masterpiece Spectrum.