Goin' to Miami

cageyJG

I will be passing through Miami on Fri. 27th and Mon. 30th if anyone wants to get a cafe cubano or something. PM me. Spend my days with a woman unkind Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine Made up my mind, make a new start Goin' to Miami with an achin' in my heart Someone told me there's a girl out there With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair Took my chances on a big jet-plane Never let 'em tell ya that they're aw-ooh-all the same Hoh, the sea was red and the sky was grey I wonder how tomorrow could ever follow today-hee Mountains and the canyons start to tremble and shake The children of the sun begin to awake Now Watch out It seems that the wrath of the gods got a punch on the nose And it's startin' to flow, I think I might be sinkin' Throw me a line, if I reach it in time Meet you up there where the path runs straight and high Find a queen without a king They say she plays guitar and cries and sings, la-la-la-la Ride a white mare in the footsteps of dawn Tryin' to find a woman who's never, never, never been born Standin' on a hill in the mountain of dreams Tellin' myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems

I'll be in the southern area, whatever they call that (South Beach, maybe?). Man, I wish I could've seen OCB before it was torn down. Hoping to see at least one locale from the show. I don't dig all that club scene stuff so I'll be nowhere near that. I'd fit in better in a Sinatra-era lounge or the former Playboy Club. The 50th anniv. of the Playboy Club is this year, with several parties around the globe, but you go to the website and the backdraft of giant bass and thug culture nauseated me. Too bad...

Might try to go to one of these 80s type bars:Tobacco Road (5 ratings)626 S. Miami Ave., Miami, FL305-374-1198The self-proclaimed "anti-Beach" bar.White Room (6 ratings)1306 N. Miami Ave., Miami, FL305-995-5050Heard jeans and non-tennis shoes are good enough for most places, that's good, because no way am I in the mood to put on slacks.

I'm back... stayed in the South Beach area. Didn't get to do much sightseeing, but I did inadvertently bump into this!!!Eingefügtes BildI guess this is in the section called Miracle Mile. I was completely blown away after seeing that sign. The shot in Rock and a Hard Place is one of my favorites from the whole series. No pay phone to be seen though. I even blogged about this shot a few weeks ago. Coinkydink???? ?(We did see a lot of bad drivers and signs in espanol. I was down off LeJeune Ave. Cooked some salmon a la parilla, good times. There was a sushi restaurant I'd love to visit with a cool storefront and murals on the side in red/burgundy, maybe I'll upload a photo later.After the Keys, drove on 75 W through the Everglades, was really glad for that experience. Regret I couldn't meet up with anyone, it was just a quick mini-vacation.

As soon as I get unpacked!I want help on the sushi place, and of course I want to show off my Keys photos in which I posed for the AAA league super average bodybuilding championships

As soon as I get unpacked!I want help on the sushi place' date=' and of course I want to show off my Keys photos in which I posed for the AAA league super average bodybuilding championships[/quote']Looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

The only pic I got of Miami was the 'Miracle' sign, that's it! But I did go t' the Keys. And I highly recommend it! Eingefügtes BildDriving west on I-75 through the Glades - first time ever and so cool!Eingefügtes BildWhere the great American road ends - Mile ZeroEingefügtes BildThat's me there, behind the truck, at the world famous Capt. Tony's Saloon - A great place to souse with writers, privateers, longshoremen, stevedores, and other crusties.

428 Greene St.,Key West, FloridaDo you like Ernest Hemingway at all? He used to spend time there.Everybody should go down to the Keys, at least once.Drive south, south until you can't go further...Salud.

its a shame whats happened to Miami now a club area with many vice buildings gone replaced by endless condos that have no style and are near empty! I was reading an article lately very few movies are filmed there compared to 15 years ago. :D