Ocean Club theme from "Out Where the Buses Don't Run"

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

This is the music heard outside the Ocean Club during the close-up of the "NOT D WYF" liscence plate. The music continues inside the club but it is harder to hear. I love this theme and it sounds exactly like sailing music should. I'm wondering if this was written by Hammer. It sounds different than his usual style. Maybe Dadrian knows?

• Administrators

I always assumed it was Jan Hammer because the tune has never been listed as anything else in the music guides but let's see what Dadrian thinks. That tune can also be heard in "Milk Run" when C&T go drag Sloan the lawyer out of the bar.

yeah when sloan tells the misdameanor joke in milk run, i'm pretty sure its the same music as the freddy constanza restaurant scene in buses.edit: sorry missunderstood the question. if its not jan, its someone using all the same equipment, and i was only 5 years old. :) i'm gonna say its JH.

Guest myonlyvice

I just watched the scene from "Milk Run". It was definitely the same theme but it had what sounded like a trumpet or some other brass instrument playing a melody. I don't recall this in the "Buses" version. Maybe I need to rewatch that one, too. What do you guys think? Are they identical?

Music has be re-used before, like BASS AND TROUBLE by SLY AND ROBBIE, but I too think this is Jan Hammer.

Music has be re-used before' date=' like BASS AND TROUBLE by SLY AND ROBBIE, but this is Jan Hammer.[/quote'] Also, it can be heard for just a second in HEART OF DARKNESS when the wire TUBBS is wearing in the limo at the end of the show starts to break up. It plays for a second, then another Jan Hammer tune (Later heard in THE DUTCH OVEN at the begining when Tubbs is ripped off, and they run after the bad guy in the club) starts playing when TUBBS starts to pat the wire to make it shut up.

Also' date=' it can be heard for just a second in HEART OF DARKNESS when the wire TUBBS is wearing in the limo at the end of the show starts to break up. It plays for a second, then another Jan Hammer tune (Later heard in THE DUTCH OVEN at the begining when Tubbs is ripped off, and they run after the bad guy in the club) starts playing when TUBBS starts to pat the wire to make it shut up.[/quote']Interesting, thanks.:D

• Administrators
It plays for a second' date=' then another Jan Hammer tune (Later heard in THE DUTCH OVEN at the begining when Tubbs is ripped off, and they run after the bad guy in the club) starts playing when TUBBS starts to pat the wire to make it shut up.[/quote'] At least Jan never got sued by Pat Benetar for this one. The 1st few seconds of it sound like "Heartbreaker"

At least Jan never got sued by Pat Benetar for this one. The 1st few seconds of it sound like "Heartbreaker"

It does kinda, Yeah.