Episode #37 "Little Miss Dangerous"

Ferrariman

This episode marks the end of a golden run that began with Tale Of The Goat.

LMD herself is cute. I knew a girl who looked a lot like her.

Flesh for Fantasy would've been an awesome opening song. At least we heard it in S4.

I've noticed that even the day scenes seem to be darker.

The finale with Order of Death playing is one of my favorite endings. I'd hate to be Tubbs in that situation.

I couldn't stand Cat though.

9/10

34 minutes ago, Remington said:

This episode marks the end of a golden run that began with Tale Of The Goat.

LMD herself is cute. I knew a girl who looked a lot like her.

Flesh for Fantasy would've been an awesome opening song. At least we heard it in S4.

I've noticed that even the day scenes seem to be darker.

The finale with Order of Death playing is one of my favorite endings. I'd hate to be Tubbs in that situation.

I couldn't stand Cat though.

9/10

Very good review - and of course spot on with the Billy Idol song comment 

• 2 months later...

10/10 ......

Oh you thought I was talking about the episode? I was talking about Jackie :p god, what a pretty woman.. that smile is so compelling.

But seriously, fantastic episode...one of my Vice favourites, it's dark and gritty and intense and the score by Jan Hammer keeps you going, fantastic ending as well.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Detective_Crockett said:

Oh you thought I was talking about the episode? I was talking about Jackie :p god, what a pretty woman.. that smile is so compelling.

Uh oh, @miamijimf !

Looks like someone's moving in on your girl! Don't jump on a motorcycle and try to ram through his front door! :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Uh oh, @miamijimf !

Looks like someone's moving in on your girl! Don't jump on a motorcycle and try to ram through his front door! :) 

Dadrian you kill me sometimes :):)

• Like 2

Detective_Crockett has it right.  Very funny Dadrian.  No worries, I gave up motorcycles and wouldn't do much damage on my bicycle.  She is still beautiful, here's a photo I took about 4 yrs ago.

385_4336342980304_65769400_n.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 months later...
On 02/08/2017 at 5:50 AM, Detective_Crockett said:

10/10 ......

But seriously, fantastic episode...one of my Vice favourites, it's dark and gritty and intense and the score by Jan Hammer keeps you going, fantastic ending as well.

Yes great mini review - great episode :hippie:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 02/08/2017 at 4:16 PM, miamijimf said:

Detective_Crockett has it right.  Very funny Dadrian.  No worries, I gave up motorcycles and wouldn't do much damage on my bicycle.  She is still beautiful, here's a photo I took about 4 yrs ago.

385_4336342980304_65769400_n.jpg

Thankyou for posting Jim ! She sure is still beautiful and she is also a friend of mine on Facebook :hippie:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Thankyou for posting Jim ! She sure is still beautiful and she is also a friend of mine on Facebook :hippie:

That's cool Matt, too bad she doesn't post much.

• 1 year later...

This is Miami Vice's greatest, darkest episode. Fiona plays a female serial killer to perfection, the best I have seen from a female, even better than Charlize Theron in "Monster" because her performance came across as natural and not forced, like not over the top. She truly has the aura of a damaged woman.

10/10:thumbsup:

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2019 at 9:58 PM, RedDragon86 said:

This is Miami Vice's greatest, darkest episode. Fiona plays a female serial killer to perfection, the best I have seen from a female, even better than Charlize Theron in "Monster" because her performance came across as natural and not forced, like not over the top. She truly has the aura of a damaged woman.

totally second this. she plays so well the damaged human, that sometimes we don't know where is the line between fiction ,and reality anymore. the music by Public image Ltd is one of my fav in the series

Edited by jpaul1
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I don't know what exactly it is about this episode, maybe the visuals and the music, the plot...perhaps all of it. But this episode in particular always struck out to me as a very favorite of mine. Fiona's character is so cute, her playing a murderer always had me on the edge of my seat, and the nighttime visualry and music just captivated me. 

I don't like to talk about the ending.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

I don't know what exactly it is about this episode, maybe the visuals and the music, the plot...perhaps all of it. But this episode in particular always struck out to me as a very favorite of mine. Fiona's character is so cute, her playing a murderer always had me on the edge of my seat, and the nighttime visualry and music just captivated me. 

I don't like to talk about the ending.

Awesome episode! and Fiona's performance was in my opinion the best in the entire series.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2013 at 3:59 PM, ViceFanMan said:
 I don't know if it's a case of premeditation...perhaps in a way. It's been a few years since I've watched this episode. But, from what I remember Jackie liked to draw and color the bizarre, demented pictures even when she wasn't in the middle of killing someone. :) I think she did carry the crayons and paper with her most of the time...so they would have been available for her to use after she killed one of the "johns". I would think a knife or weapon of some kind might be somewhat normal for a hooker or drug user on the streets of Miami...even in the 80's, let alone nowdays. ;)

I don't think she plans on killing the guys...she's just obviously mentally disturbed, and has homicidal tendancies, because of sexual & psychological abuse by I think her father (or was it step-father?) growing up. Some of the "tricks" just cause her to snap and go crazy--probabaly depending on how they treated and/or talked to her during their..."session". :p If they treated or talked to her like she was garbage or a sex-slave, so-to-speak, then she'd snap and mentally substitute her father (or past abusers) in for them and kill.

The artwork seemed to be her way of releasing her thoughts, feelings, regret, and pain onto paper.I love this episode and it really delves into the "dark" and disturbing side of the psyche...freaky!! :eek: This was a nice, and fascinating change from the regular drug-dealer/weapons dealer episodes. I originally gave it a 10...and I still stand by my rating. :thumbsup:

On 4/10/2013 at 1:46 AM, ViceFanMan said:

Above was some comments I made regarding this episode, replying to another member's questions about some of Jackie's motives and reasons for her actions. I still go along with what I stated...but after watching this one again, I will change and/or add a few comments.First, I think that Jackie was abused, psychologically and probably sexually, by some of the foster homes she'd been stuck in--as she stated in the episode that her parents had died when she was young, and the orphanage she'd been placed in kept in turn putting her into these foster homes. So, it was not by her father or a step-father, like I thought I originally remembered. 

Second, something to add that I find is humorous but totally unrealistic is when the Vice squad is making the arrest rounds to try and question the hookers or pimps about what they'd seen lately. Switek comes out of this hooker-house with either a pimp or "john" in a head-lock--all right in front of news people with cameras! :eek: "Switie" says to the news people (after Zito had made a joke about looking for a few good men for their bowling league): Like two-tone here...one who really knows how to keep himself out of the gutter! Okay, even in the 80's there is no way he would have done that in front of the news on camera! :p That would have looked really bad for cops on the news, and "two-tone" could have sued for assault and police harassment. ;) Also, even though the news referred to Jackie as the "Crayon Killer"...from what I could tell, she used markers when coloring her twisted pictures.

On 4/10/2013 at 10:38 PM, ViceFanMan said:

Here is some of Jackie's handi-work: 

"Jackie be nimble, Jackie be quick...Jackie, did you once again kill your trick?” :p

post-483-13892965522422_thumb.jpg

How I love this episode, and the performances by everyone were superb! :clap: Above were previous posts I’ve made regarding “LMD”. There are some episodes I can watch over and over & never get tired of them...this is one! :thumbsup:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

How I love this episode, and the performances by everyone were superb! :clap: Above were previous posts I’ve made regarding “LMD”. There are some episodes I can watch over and over & never get tired of them...this is one! :thumbsup:

I’m on Yankee Dollar tonight, so LMD isn’t too far away. I never get tired of it either. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Great episode. Hard not to be in total awe of Jackie even though she is a killer. The ending is very nerve-wracking but sad. So many Miami episodes end on a sad note. The first being “Heart of Darkness” with Artie committing suicide.

I just realized that the Public Image Ltd song “Order of Death” has a similar vocal melody to Don Henley’s “Dirty Laundry” (used in “Rock and a Hard Place”). Sing the two lines to yourself in your head: “This is what you want, this is what you get” and “Kick em when they’re up, kick em when they’re down”... Same melody/rhythm!

P.S. Ted Nugent’s “Little Miss Dangerous” is such a great song!

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

Great episode. Hard not to be in total awe of Jackie even though she is a killer. The ending is very nerve-wracking but sad. So many Miami episodes end on a sad note. The first being “Heart of Darkness” with Artie committing suicide.

I just realized that the Public Image Ltd song “Order of Death” has a similar vocal melody to Don Henley’s “Dirty Laundry” (used in “Rock and a Hard Place”). Sing the two lines to yourself in your head: “This is what you want, this is what you get” and “Kick em when they’re up, kick em when they’re down”... Same melody/rhythm!

P.S. Ted Nugent’s “Little Miss Dangerous” is such a great song!

Superb episode...definitely one of the most tragic, but captivating & fascinating ones! :clap:

• Like 1

On 4/10/2013 at 10:38 PM, ViceFanMan said:

Here is some of Jackie's handi-work:

"Jackie" be nimble, "Jackie" be quick...Jackie, did you once again kill your trick? :p

post-483-13892965522422_thumb.jpg

Here’s a post I made a few years ago...not a lot of humor associated with this episode, but using an old nursery-rhyme I sort of came up with a “dark” LMD version. :p

• Haha 1

This and Buddies are both clear indications they should have gone after Frank Military for more scripts. That they didn't says more to me about the production team than anything else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

This and Buddies are both clear indications they should have gone after Frank Military for more scripts. That they didn't says more to me about the production team than anything else.

Indeed, I agree. This and “Buddies” are fantastic episodes. They both have premises of a good thriller movie. They definitely should have made him do more scripts!

• Like 2

On 7/23/2019 at 8:58 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Such a great episode.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

Indeed, I agree. This and “Buddies” are fantastic episodes. They both have premises of a good thriller movie. They definitely should have made him do more scripts!

I agree it’s beautifully done and almost entirely shot at night which captured a lot of mood here- great writing and direction also by Leon Ichaso (Killshot\Better Living Through Chemistry/The Rising Sun of Death\Indian Wars).

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

The scene where Crockett talks to the bag lady (Georgine) is one of my favorite Crockett moments. He pours every last ounce of charm for with complete sincerity, and she only asks for a beer.

My kinda gal :cheers: :p

It’s also a bit of situational irony because it’s  during such a provocative, risqué storyline that this asexual exchange occurs. 

Even Gina learns a lesson: Ask and ye shall receive. :) 

• Like 6