Does "GTA Vice City" deliver an experience comparable to watching Vice

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

I'm interested in playing this game and as a rabid fan of Miami Vice I'm curious if it feels like the TV show or not. If it is capable of delivering the goods, are there any particular episodes you can "recreate" with it?

It's a great game, with some very cool scenes. Scenes that are similar to Vice, but a story more like Scarface. I wouldn't ever pass this game up though. I played it back in late 2002 when it first came out. It takes place in 1986.Four years later GTA Vice City Stories came out, taking place in 1984, and it too is a great game. Both games have Philip Micheal Thomas playing the voice of Supporting character 'Lance Vance.' He does a great job, especially in Vice City Stories. Actors in the first game include Ray Liotta, Tom Sizemore, Danny Trejo, Dennis Hopper, Burt Reynolds, Deborah Harry, William Fichtner, the list goes on. A lot are names that have been in Micheal Mann projects.Vice City Stories also has Phil Collins playing himself. There's even a scene where he's in concert performing 'In the air tonight.' I passed this second game up for four years, and bought it this summer. I couldn't put it down. The first game is cinematicaly better, but this second game has the lighting. The city looks awesome at night in 1984.

It has the style and atmosphere of the show Miami Vice but you aren't but you play as a gangster instead of a Vice cop, the whole game was extensively inspired by Miami Vice with as I said the atmosphere and style but also locations from the show were repilcated such as the downtown police station where Crockett and Tubbs work, Vice cops come after you if you commit enough crime and they come in a carl modeled after the Ferrari Testarossa from Seasons' Three, Four and Five and dressed in pastel suits, the weapons were modeled after which you see on Miami Vice such as Tubbs' shotgun plus just about every mission is inspired by Miami Vice episodes and even some seem to take ideas from situations from Vice.I definitely reccommend GTA: Vice City for anyone looking a Vice-style game as it's the closest approximation next to actually getting a well done Miami Vice videogame.

Yes, the game is like being in an episode of Vice. Vice City is so awesome. The greatest game of all time. It's a masterpiece. Just an amazing game, and it's the reason why I'm a fan of Miami Vice. After playing the game I was like 'I need to see this show'.There are so many similarities to Vice. I could go on all day. There's cars in the game that look like the Daytona and the Testarossa, Crockett & Tubbs lookalikes show up with the cops when your wanted level is up, Crockett's Theme plays on the radio, the character Ricardo Diaz is based on El Gato, there are wooden huts in the sea like the stiltsville dock from Out Where the Buses Don't Run, there's a speedboat that looks like Crockett's speedboat from season 1. I could go on and on.The landscape is so like Vice you can recreate scenes from the show. I've often gone on the speedboat while listening to Russ Ballard's 'Voices', there's a sailing boat like the St. Vitus, you can stand in front of one of the buildings on Ocean Drive and pretend to be Sonny the first time we see him in Brother's Keeper, you can recreate the Daytona / Lambo chase from Bought and Paid For.And you can recreate the chainsaw scene from Scarface too as there's a hidden motel room in Ocean Beach that's a model of the motel room from the movie, complete with a blood soaked bathroom. There are a ton of Scarface references in the game too.Bottom line, it's an awesome game. Play it!

Guest neworder
If not for Miami Vice' date=' there would be no GTA:Vice City.[/quote'] In my case, if not for GTA Vice CIty, there would be no Miami Vice in my life. I heard crocketts theme on emotion radio station and was instantly amazed and promptly looked it up on the net. And it went from there.Couldn't agree more with Tommy Vercetti comment!!! Awesome game.

When you get a 3-star wanted level or above, two undercover police officers who strongly resemble Sonny and Rico will chase the player in a VCPD Cheetah, which is itself styled after the 1986 Ferrari Testarossa.

i didnt know that,with the 3 star wanted level,with the 2 characters that are chasing the player,i have to try it again.i know that the creator of the game is a big big miami vice fan,he watched as a preparation to making this game,the series excessivly for few weeks,he made some comparsions into the game,theres also the escobar international airport,somehow the two main characters remains me of sonny and rico, ;)

There are lots of Daytonas and Testarossas in the game. They aren't called by those names so Rockstar, the developer of the game, could avoid paying the licensing fees but you will see them and you can steal them just like any other vehicle in the game.

M.O.V. - how often do you play games? If you are used to Xbox 360 or PS3, you might think this game is showing its age. On the other hand, Vice City used to be the bees' knees. Sometimes I like to play 1980s Nintendo too.

Guest myonlyvice
M.O.V. - how often do you play games? If you are used to Xbox 360 or PS3' date=' you might think this game is showing its age. On the other hand, Vice City used to be the bees' knees. Sometimes I like to play 1980s Nintendo too.[/quote'] Sorry I'm so slow to respond! I have all the current generation consoles but I don't play as much as I used to. I got Vice City in a multi-pack that also had GTA III and San Andreas bundled in. Sharp graphics are great but they aren't everything. I'm sure I'll love it once I get around to playing it. There probably is a way to play it on the PS3 but I'd rather just go get a new PS2. They're really cheap now. My favorite console of all time is the N64. Ocarina of Time, Tetrisphere, Beatle Adventure Racing, Mario 64, Yoshi's Story, etc. I could go on and on about it.

• 1 month later...

right now im playing,gta 4,did anybody know there is a street that is called crockett avenue?its funny.vice city had more common with miami vice,some characters had the forenames of sonny and rico,there was sonny forelly,ricardo diaz,think there was more,have to play it once again,

Its a great 80s Miami scene game, after a certain wanted level 3 stars IIRC, they send VICE cops after you in Ferraris and they are armed w/ UZIs and dressed very VICE styleIts my favorite GTA game, and I wish theyd re do it same theme but on the newer consoles again, id buy it in a secondAFA the story line, as mentioned its more like Scar Face but theres all kinds of 80s fun to be had

I can't recommend "Vice City" and "Vice City Stories" enough. Like someone mentioned earlier, "Scarface" is a great too, and you can get it new for twenty dollars or less.I still play all three games. The feeling of driving around in "Vice City", just taking in the atmosphere and listen to great 80s music is awesome!

right now im playing' date='gta 4,[/quote'] That was the first game I bought for my XBox360 when i got it, and I hated it, worst GTA ever because IMO its not as 'GTA' as it could have been, way to serious and less fun, though I hear the newer games w/ ballad of gay tony etc made it more fun and added back all the stuff we expect in GTA

I hated GTA 4 too. I recently was given the expansion games you mentioned by a friend who had already played them thru Bren 10. He said the same thing. I'll let you know if I think that's true after I try them out (Hopefully sometime in the next year lol).

of course gta 4 is not the same style like the previous games,its more ´realistic´ maybe?it has some good points,yeah when i first played it after i played san andreas which was huge i thought..?what is that?