Season 1 Jacket Question

Beach_Vice

At the beginning of the episode 'Golden Triangle Part 1' Crocket and Tubbs are in a hallway of a hotel. They come up on a man and woman who are highly strung out. The guy is losing it and hurting the woman. Crocket and tubbs try to subdue the man and have a difficult time.My question is this. Does anyone make a jacket like Crockett wears in this scene? Does anyone here have a jacket similar to it? Is it even a jacket, or is it more of a collarless shirt with lapels?I really like that jacket, I'd like to get my hands on one like it. Sorry I can't find any pictures... I'll look around here for some. Thanks in advance.

At the beginning of the episode 'Golden Triangle Part 1' Crocket and Tubbs are in a hallway of a hotel. They come up on a man and woman who are highly strung out. The guy is losing it and hurting the woman. Crocket and tubbs try to subdue the man and have a difficult time.My question is this. Does anyone make a jacket like Crockett wears in this scene? Does anyone here have a jacket similar to it? Is it even a jacket' date=' or is it more of a collarless shirt with lapels?I really like that jacket, I'd like to get my hands on one like it. Sorry I can't find any pictures... I'll look around here for some. Thanks in advance.[/quote'] The item you are speaking of is indeed a jacket. It was worn in at least three episodes. ONE EYED JACK, SCORE (CALDERONE'S RETURN) and CALDERONE'S RETURN PT.2.It is a long sleeve, collarless jacket made of linen with a nice roomy pleat in back, and two front zippers on the chest. There are no buttons on it, and it's unlined.I don't have it yet (It's high on my list), and I'm certain nobody else here has it. I don't know who made it either.Eingefügtes Bild

You definitely have the right item there. I'd love to find something like it. I was hoping maybe you knew of a place that would sell something similar. It's a nice light jacket, just what I'm looking for. Ebay is hard to sort through for specifics like that.I wear dress shirts open, sleeves rolled up over top of short sleeve or sleeveless t-shirts. I'm looking for something like that jacket so I can seamlessly move my way into wearing jackets. The look in those pics is very very close to my regular look, clothes wise. I'm still wearing jeans regularly though.Great find on those pics by the way. Love the Lombard episodes, so, I love the pics.

Just so you know, they don't make these types any more.You might be able to get a good seamstress to make you one like it, by having it custom made. It's a very simple design, so it would be fairly easy to make.I hope you have seen my collection of MIAMI VICE BLAZERS in the SCRAPBOOK SECTION.I wear vice blazers every day. :thumbsup:

I dont know why but I think it might be some sort of a boating jacket, it was featured in 2 episodes where they were using the boat after all, the most promenent being calderone's return 2.

I dont know why but I think it might be some sort of a boating jacket' date=' it was featured in 2 episodes where they were using the boat after all, the most promenent being calderone's return 2.[/quote']An unlined, Linen jacket for a boating seems awfully strange. You'd be cold, and if it got wet.... Regardless, I still want it. :thumbsup:

I dont know' date=' its just a guess I mean it was worn mostly around the stinger and the beach.[/quote'] Whatever it's purpose, it sure looked cool on Sonny on his boat, and on St. Thomas. :thumbsup:

Eingefügtes Bild

One of my favorite episodes and with this jacket high on you list Coop, I can imagine it's only a matter of time until you acquire one. Just the fact you're able to locate this stuff is truely amazing to me. Yeah, it's a VERY nice jacket and I also love the simplicity and style it has. I wish clothiers would bring some of this style back....Mike

Great! I see I'm not alone in thinking that's a cool jacket. Maybe this thread will keep it in peoples' minds so when they see something like it in a shop, they'll return here to tell us about it... I can dream can't I? One in white and one in black please... Alright, maybe one in a blue color too.

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched my way to "One way ticket" recently and noticed Crockett wearing another jacket like this. Not the same one, just a little different. In the episode near the end, when the group is in the office waiting for zeto to secure a warrant, Castillo comes out and tells Crockett to wait for Zeto's confirmatin on a gun. That's the scene I'm referring to. He wears it from that point to the point he goes to Rum Cay (where he's wearing a peach jacket).Anyone ever notice when C&T grab Faber at the stable, it's not Don Johnson as crockett in that wide shot. Different hair, different jacket, sleeves not rolled up, placed behind people or seen from the back for the most part. Strange.

I just watched my way to "One way ticket" recently and noticed Crockett wearing another jacket like this. Not the same one' date=' just a little different. In the episode near the end, when the group is in the office waiting for zeto to secure a warrant, Castillo comes out and tells Crockett to wait for Zeto's confirmatin on a gun. That's the scene I'm referring to. He wears it from that point to the point he goes to Rum Cay (where he's wearing a peach jacket).Anyone ever notice when C&T grab Faber at the stable, it's not Don Johnson as crockett in that wide shot. Different hair, different jacket, sleeves not rolled up, placed behind people or seen from the back for the most part. Strange.[/quote']That happened from time to time on the show, in second-unit night-driving shots you can tell it's not DJ behind the wheel of the Ferrari.

• 2 months later...
Well' date=' with people out shopping lately, I thought I'd bring up this question again. Has anyone seen a jacket like this out there?[/quote']Nope.Not likely to see a light jacket like that in stores this winter.Never seen one. I'll get an original someday.

Keep us posted if you do find one or an original. I'm anxious to see one.

You know me, if I locate one from the production, I'll post it on this site. :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...

I've just had a thought. I suppose it wouldn't be so hard to find a similar jacket like this nowadays that has a collar. Then one could simply get a seamstress to remove the collar. Presto-change-o and there you have it, a Crockett jacket look-a-like.

• 11 months later...