Burnett's Sig P220!!

kokopelli

I figured I'd start a new thread for this baby- you voted, so here it is....(drumroll)...:DEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildIf anyone can post screengrabs of it to compare side by side, you'll see mine is finished identical to Burnett's. Instead of a traditional two tone with the controls matching or contrasting, there is both- the slide take down lever is the only contrast, the rest is matching to the hard chromed frame. The one shot where you can pick this up is where he points it at Cliff at the abandoned cannery and tells him to cut the rival dope dealers down- you see the decock and slide stop are hard chromed. The pics make the black on my slide look grainy and weird and the frame dull and flat...not so in person.So...not to be one to leave out details, here's the next project- the Burnett S&W 4506 two tone!Eingefügtes Bild

That is so totally sweet!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:I'm sorry I missed it' date=' but what caliber are the bullets for the Sig P220?[/quote'] There are 4 calibers, shown here: 9x19mm Parabellum.38 Super (no longer produced).45 ACP7.65x22mm Parabellum (.30 Luger)

There are 4 calibers' date=' shown here: 9x19mm Parabellum.38 Super (no longer produced).45 ACP7.65x22mm Parabellum (.30 Luger)[/quote']Thanks!

• Administrators
That is so totally sweet!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:I'm sorry I missed it' date=' but what caliber are the bullets for the Sig P220?[/quote']Typically a Sig 220 is in .45 cal.

Thanks!

My pleasure, but considering that it was easiest to cycle blank ammunition, out of what I hear, the 9mm ammunition is most likely what was used in the show.

The Sig 220 was indeed a .45 acp, as was the Sig in the pilot; it's documented. Besides this- look at the barrel in the shots, it's obviously a .45!:prost:

obviously a .45!:prost:

Cool! A .45 has great stopping power.I remember my father telling me that when he was in the AIR FORCE in the KOREAN WAR, his sidearm was a COLT 1911 .45. He had it on his sholder holster in the cockpit of his jet. He said he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. :) I was a better shot than him, and my aim is true with a .45 (modern .45). I don't seem to have a problem with the caliber of a gun. I'm a pretty good shot with just about any handgun. I'm better with a pistol than a rifle it seems. I can't remember now if I once fired a .357, or a .44 mag. It's been about 20 years now. All I know is that one of them had quite a kick to it!! WOW!I still own a live .50 caliber round (unfired shell and bullet) that my dad removed from the gun in his jet fighter as a souvenir! It's HUGE! I'm careful with it. It would go completely through my house from one end to the other if fired. It's about 5 1/2 to 6 inches tall, and the shell is about an inch or more wide!THAT'S POWER!!

• Administrators

Yep, .50 cal is a huge round. It is a snipers cal of choice today. Just imagine one of them ripping through your head from a mile out. :eek:

Yep' date=' .50 cal is a huge round. It is a snipers cal of choice today. Just imagine one of them ripping through your head from a mile out. :eek:[/quote']I don't think a sniper uses a bullet with a shell casing as large, and powerful as the one from my father's fighter jet.My brother fired a not so common .50 cal pistol (he said a flame came out of the barrel!). It didn't have a shell casing as large as my dad's jet.(What the hell him, and elephant gun?) ;)

Glad to see it came out well and I cant wait for the smith next, I wonder if they were an experiment in the show to see how good the two tone looked on film before giving him back his normal all stainless gun after the burnet trilogy.

Glad to see it came out well and I cant wait for the smith next' date=' I wonder if they were an experiment in the show to see how good the two tone looked on film before giving him back his normal all stainless gun after the burnet trilogy.[/quote'] This is an excellent theory!! It does lend an explanation as to why they used a Sig and a Smith interchangeably...

It wouldnt have been the first time they've done that either, in the heart of darkness shootout at the end of the episode (the episode where it was first introduced s1 ep2) the bren ten changes into a parkerized version of itself out of nowhereEingefügtes BildAnd I think they may have gotten the idea to do a two tone like that from the standard bren ten back then and maybe don really liked it which is why his gun in nash bridges was done up like that too 5 or so years later.plus tubbs made the change from his long standing sidearm the model 49 bodyguard to a sig 232 for the fifth season.

• 2 months later...
I don't think a sniper uses a bullet with a shell casing as large' date=' and powerful as the one from my father's fighter jet. My brother fired a not so common .50 cal pistol (he said a flame came out of the barrel!). It didn't have a shell casing as large as my dad's jet.[/quote'] Yes, the current sniper round people talk about is the 50BMG and is the same as used in all 50 caliber machine guns of the time you speak of. Aircraft, vehicle, or tripod mounted. There are a variety of current rifles that use this round including the well-known Barrett brand of sniper/anti-vehicle guns. They offer a semi-auto with a 10 round magazine. That's amazing firepower! I've been lucky enough to have spent some time with one.http://www.barrett.net/ (There are many others, but Barrett rocks) Another guy that worked for me for a while was a designer for Anzio Ironworks who makes a bolt action model too. http://www.anzioironworks.com/light_50.htmThere are some other "50 caliber" rounds out there like that handgun round you speak of, but they are only 50 caliber by diameter, and are far from the 50BMG in size and power. Any of them will give you a huge grin :-)