Izzy question

aly 7

Noogie was good' date='but Izzy definately was better...I found Noogie to be a little annoying myself..While Izzy was just plain hilarious....all the time..![/quote'] i do like the noogman.. but izzy is a genius i watched get shorty (one of my all time fave films) and i forgot martin farrero is a wise guy bookmaker.. guys brilliant

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

Such as shame Izzy went on to get eaten by a T-Rex...

Now he has something in common with Elvis Presley, they both died on the toilet!

Talking of Izzy, does anyone know his exact quote from Too Much, Too Late when he's talking about his latest scam on the beach to Tubbs and Valerie? It's something about "tango... and also financial advice".It's my favourite ever Izzy quote, but I just CAN'T work out the first part of it. No subtitles on my DVDs either, so I can't look there for help :cry:

Unfortunately they do not give the spanish subtitles when Izzy speaks about his scam, it only says (Speaking Spanish)Maybe a good idea to get the info from a spanish speaking person.Later pal

Unfortunately they do not give the spanish subtitles when Izzy speaks about his scam' date=' it only says (Speaking Spanish)Maybe a good idea to get the info from a spanish speaking person.Later pal[/quote'] Ah right. Too bad. Thanks for giving me an answer though!

Izzy was a champion. I can't think of the episode name, but it was season 2 when they took crockettes' Ferrari and Izzy was on his boat. He went into that brilliant rant about how " dis man pludges himself into the mercy waters of de underworld, risking life and limb to stop us all from drowning in a ses pool of lawlessness". It was classic Izzy.I feel bad I cannot remember the episode name.

Izzy was a champion. I can't think of the episode name' date=' but it was season 2 when they took crockettes' Ferrari and Izzy was on his boat. He went into that brilliant rant about how " dis man pludges himself into the mercy waters of de underworld, risking life and limb to stop us all from drowning in a ses pool of lawlessness". It was classic Izzy.I feel bad I cannot remember the episode name.[/quote'] Whatever Works! I love how he finishes that quote by launching into Sussudio by Phil Collins :)

• 1 month later...
Guest MetroVice

IzzyWow, this thread sure sprung back to life after a long hiatus ;)But that's how these things go sometimes. Always fun and entertaining to discuss ol' Izzy.I wish they would have given Izzy some involvement in the final episode when Crockett & Tubbs were cutting out of Miami but I guess they chose not to. Izzy was definitely an integral part of Vice though, and added a lot of comical elements to the show. Izzy even had a tune created for him by the great Jan Hammer for use in certain scenes to accentuate all that was Izzy! When you heard that particular music you knew he was scheming *something* :thumbsup:As for Noogie, I also loved his character but it was much more aloof than was Izzy's. The 'Noog Man' was entertaining but I can see why they limited this character to only a few episodes. Although most people never noticed, his fingernails always stood out with those huge overgrown "ghoul" style nails he wore - at least I'm assuming they were fake. If not, he could've joined the circus with those things :eek:I also recall seeing Martin Ferrero in another Miami based movie, which was made during Vice production years. He was in 'Band of the Hand' as a hardware store clerk, which was made in 1987. It was the first time I had seen him play a serious role, aside from the assassin character he portrayed in the pilot of Miami Vice (Trini de-Soto). Actually the movie featured several actors who all appeared on Vice at some point, and I believe Micheal Mann even directed it as well.I wish Martin Ferrero would have been present at all the prior Vice reunions in years past (heck, even NOW). Although I know he wasn't in every episode, I love his character so much I always considered Izzy as one of the solid characters that helped make the show what it was/is. But that's me . . . :thumbsup:

Yeah i.m.o Izzy was brilliant , his humour, accent , schemes and the way to get out of an situation.He brough a "lighter"side to Vice with his sayings, even brought some good humour out of C+T.For me Izzy is definitely part of the show, and i can't picture M.V. without Izzy."U got it mang".

Guest MetroVice

Poor Manny . . .I wish Manny would have had a bit more involvement with Izzy. He was always screaming for poor ol' Manny and he would always appear with those huge glaring eyes. Just *seeing* Manny was usually funny in itself. The fact he never had a single line of dialog in the few episodes he was in only adds to the implied comedy of his character.There was one episode with Manny that was truly hilarious (well, to me anyway). It was the episode where Crockett's car was gonna be auctioned off due to department budget issues. Crockett is arguing with Izzy over him trying to get Crockett's car back and he doesn't like Manny standing there so close looking at him and commands Manny to "get outta here", at which point he simply backs up all of a few inches while holding the patented *Manny stare* he was always known for.Manny was never even credited though, which is a real shame :cry:

• 2 years later...

I found this quote on IMDb, but I can't remember, when Izzy said that:

In this life the low road sometimes takes you a more interesting route.

Someone...?

I found this quote on IMDb, but I can't remember, when Izzy said that:

Someone...?

He didn't. That was said by Willie Nelson in the episode - El Viejo/ Season 3

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
18 minutes ago, Smuggler's Blues said:

I didn't realise that Izzy was in Brother's Keeper as someone else, who did he play?

The actor is named Martin Ferrero.  In "Brother's Keeper" he plays Calderone's associate Trini Desoto, who meets C&T at a restaurant dressed as a man but later on dresses as a woman and kills Leon at the beach bar ("Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" playing in the background) and tries to kill Tubbs in the alley.

Gerade eben schrieb Smuggler's Blues:

I missed completely that it was him..! :D

I had the same problem with Miguel Pinero in Prodigal Son. It eluded me for decades that he was the Revilla brother with the hat and curly black hair. Everytime I watched it, I was like, hm, they must have cut him out of the version I was watching, because I was expecting to se a grizzly haired Calderone type character.

• Like 1

Izzy Moreno was the best!  Martin Ferrero’s portrayal was just tongue-in-cheek enough to make the character the perfect “sweetener” to an otherwise pretty heavy/dark series.    

Charlie Barnett’s Noogie was also a pretty great portrayal.  I’ve worked with real street hustler/dopers who were just like Noogie;  perma-tweaked, always running some total scam, always talking at near light-speed and physically oscillating up in the megahertz range.

I like the Izzy character better, but Noogie was more realistic. 

• Like 1

Charlie Barnett was kicked off the cast eventually because his antics in real life became too much like those of his character on the show. He was undisciplined, he showed up late for rehearsals and shoots, got in arguments with other cast members, and it was rumored that he also had a slight drug habit.

Too bad about him, he had real comedy talent. A bit too potty mouthed if you watch his rare stand up comedy routine videos on youtube, but funny nonetheless.

Edited by Daytona74