Burnett's S&W 4506!!

kokopelli

Thanks Coop - I had seen the article before but didn't realize that the car had been confiscated by the police' date=' but it makes sense. It's really a strange story that the mechanic actually took the car for his "illegal" activites. I would think you would want to take a less conspicuous car - since the car was on TV every week at that time, people would definitley notice it - even in Miami. Thanks again - for this article and for all the other great stuff that you have saved![/quote']Hmm maybe he had a bad feeling about the deal and thought it would be best to arrive in a fast car that wasnt registered to him just incase things went sour.as I do remember a case where a mechanic took a lambo out to see what it would do when it was in for a check up in california and then a cop tried to pull him over for speeding but the mechanic panicked and dusted him with it and then the cop, Not knowing that it was the mechanic who was driving they went to the owners adress to find out just what was going on and only then found out from the owner that it was at the shop and the mechanic was the one driving it.
I still would have liked him better in the Aston or the SL he used when he played a pimp. Actually a 560SL would have been a good choice.Funny that you mentioned the k-frame model 13. I also thought him to be better armed with a tree inch round butted 13 but158gr SWJHP. In a cross draw holster that would enable it to draw from a closed double breasted jacket. Just have the pachmayred butt between the fold of the garment for a fast draw. I've tried it myself and it works. You wouldn't want to carry in the back where you'd have to lift the unbuttoned jacket. Then the 49 as a backup back there. 11 rounds of 38 ready to go. Also speedstrips in his pockets or belt. The 3 and later 2+1 12 gauge should have been left in the car.Also the Ithaca was to techni-cool looking for Tubbs. He needed a classic blue finished' date=' chrome bolted Witness Protection 13" 870, exactly like this one but using the blue Wingmaster rather than the parkerized Police as a base model: [ATTACH=CONFIG']5607[/ATTACH]The Beretta could be left in the glove box. I always found it odd that he carried the badass AOW shotty but yet the 49 which is more suited for a regular detective.Overall still all classy guns; better than today's generation who want cops to carry dual 50 cal Desert Eagles or as they know them, "Deagles".:rolleyes:
actually I did kind of like that Merc Gina had in S1 for the home invaders, now that would have been a cool car for Tubbs to have as his go to ride:http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_21073-Mercedes-Benz-SL-R107-1980.htmlor the car from Lombard:http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_21654-Mercedes-Benz-500-SEC-C126.htmlAlthough with the aston V8 I gotta admit I'm a little bit like the testarossa with it. It would have to be decked out properly for me to a 100% like it and something about having a blue leather wrapped steering wheel didnt sit properly with me when I saw it http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_125199-Aston-Martin-V8-Volante-1980.htmlplus the blue dash pad, it would look better in either the same color leather as the seats or basic black. Still though I gotta wonder if maybe that was one of the ideas that they had for the episode as its pretty much in the same color as his 63". plus it wouldnt be the first time a major change was hinted at that they never went through with like having crockett change his identity and cover after payback when it was blown by the guy in the ugly suit, funny how that was never brought up again.and it would have made sense as crockett updated to a modern ferrari so why not tubbs to a modern convertibile in S3?with the guns I agree and actually you can tell that someone is a good shot with a revolver just by the grip typically. but with that shotgun it looks like it would be downright painful to shoot, and that was actually one of the things I kind of liked about the sawn off he had in S1. It had a full stock on it.and the thing about the desert eagle is that well it has presence, its this generations equavalent of the model 29 as you gotta admit a 1911 is kind of basic and boring looking compaired to an M29, colt python, bren ten, 4506, Detonics Combat Master, amt .44 automag or the desert eagle.and actually the best way to look at is basically that was the one successful decendant of the AMT automag.and with the people who want to carry something like that, lets be honest they've probably never really fired a firearm in their life or are just starting out and know nothing about the reality behind carrying that kind of thing.it is a nice gun however, and I like the .357 Mark 7 version but I'd never carry one in my life and I really dont know why but the MK21 felt like plastic to me while the Mark 7 felt like steel.talk about god damn weird and that still perplexes me to this day about that .44 Mark 21.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_21073-Mercedes-Benz-SL-R107-1980.htmlor the car from Lombard:http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_21654-Mercedes-Benz-500-SEC-C126.htmlAlthough with the aston V8 I gotta admit I'm a little bit like the testarossa with it. It would have to be decked out properly for me to a 100% like it and something about having a blue leather wrapped steering wheel didnt sit properly with me when I saw it http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_125199-Aston-Martin-V8-Volante-1980.htmlplus the blue dash pad, it would look better in either the same color leather as the seats or basic black. Still though I gotta wonder if maybe that was one of the ideas that they had for the episode as its pretty much in the same color as his 63". plus it wouldnt be the first time a major change was hinted at that they never went through with like having crockett change his identity and cover after payback when it was blown by the guy in the ugly suit, funny how that was never brought up again.and it would have made sense as crockett updated to a modern ferrari so why not tubbs to a modern convertibile in S3?with the guns I agree and actually you can tell that someone is a good shot with a revolver just by the grip typically. but with that shotgun it looks like it would be downright painful to shoot, and that was actually one of the things I kind of liked about the sawn off he had in S1. It had a full stock on it.and the thing about the desert eagle is that well it has presence, its this generations equavalent of the model 29 as you gotta admit a 1911 is kind of basic and boring looking compaired to an M29, colt python, bren ten, 4506, Detonics Combat Master, amt .44 automag or the desert eagle.and actually the best way to look at is basically that was the one successful decendant of the AMT automag.and with the people who want to carry something like that, lets be honest they've probably never really fired a firearm in their life or are just starting out and know nothing about the reality behind carrying that kind of thing.it is a nice gun however, and I like the .357 Mark 7 version but I'd never carry one in my life and I really dont know why but the MK21 felt like plastic to me while the Mark 7 felt like steel.talk about god damn weird and that still perplexes me to this day about that .44 Mark 21.

I'm with you on most of this. I liked the Mercs so much, I had a white 500SEC AMG with blue leather and a Lombard 500SEL AMG in nautical blue metallic with black leather and even painted the inside of the grille black like Lomabard did. I loved Gina's Merc and her gold Rolex Oyster but it was the same color combination as the Daytona, so it wouldn't have helped.This version would have been better, but not the Koenig widebody he had when pimping:http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_58780-Mercedes-Benz-SL-R107.htmlI disagree with you on the Aston leather color. It made my week back then. Mind you though that it is British tradition is to match the dash, steering wheel, piping and floor mats to the outside color, be it blue, red, green or black. Germans have it black. Italians have it black or matching the rest of the interior. I go with the same color for the complete interior and used 700sf to redo the inside of my E24, including the trunk, which was an option.On the shotgun, that Speedfeed bird's head grip is incredibly comfortable to shoot. I kid you not. I have it on a 10" with shortened police front (because I couldn't get my hands on an MCS) and a 13" with the standard front. They used to make them out of wood but Speedfeed does them out of plastic. If I get a wooden set I'll put it on a 12.5 or 14" Wingmaster.I also like the Mark 7 DE and got one in .44 black over stainless. I wouldn't mind another one in gold or bright chrome. They made them in 11 finishes back then. I shot it once and the empty brass kept flying onto my forehead.Automag 120 or 180, what a beaut! cut off 308 brass was a wild idea. I also wanna have a six inch Detonics Score Master in .451 and a Hoag 6" Longslide based on a 70 Series Gold Cup with squared trigger guard. It looks more balanced than the 7" AMT.http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_c5uYJlAKY3s/TD2uBtq8O2I/AAAAAAAAO4A/alDWnslsleU/s1600/Hoag+%284%29.jpgGod, I know too much about cars, guns and watches and am my own worst enemy. Glad there are people out there [here] who are as knowledgeable [bonkers] as me. Kudos to this board!

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_58780-Mercedes-Benz-SL-R107.htmlI disagree with you on the Aston leather color. It made my week back then. Mind you though that it is British tradition is to match the dash, steering wheel, piping and floor mats to the outside color, be it blue, red, green or black. Germans have it black. Italians have it black or matching the rest of the interior. I go with the same color for the complete interior and used 700sf to redo the inside of my E24, including the trunk, which was an option.On the shotgun, that Speedfeed bird's head grip is incredibly comfortable to shoot. I kid you not. I have it on a 10" with shortened police front (because I couldn't get my hands on an MCS) and a 13" with the standard front. They used to make them out of wood but Speedfeed does them out of plastic. If I get a wooden set I'll put it on a 12.5 or 14" Wingmaster.I also like the Mark 7 DE and got one in .44 black over stainless. I wouldn't mind another one in gold or bright chrome. They made them in 11 finishes back then. I shot it once and the empty brass kept flying onto my forehead.Automag 120 or 180, what a beaut! cut off 308 brass was a wild idea. I also wanna have a six inch Detonics Score Master in .451 and a Hoag 6" Longslide based on a 70 Series Gold Cup with squared trigger guard. It looks more balanced than the 7" AMT.http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_c5uYJlAKY3s/TD2uBtq8O2I/AAAAAAAAO4A/alDWnslsleU/s1600/Hoag+(4).jpgGod, I know too much about cars, guns and watches and am my own worst enemy. Glad there are people out there [here] who are as knowledgeable [bonkers] as me. Kudos to this board!

yeah a black daytona and then a black merc would have been too much for S1 and S2 but however with the white testarossa from S3 it might have worked and probably would have really added to S5 as they were frequently using the caddie at that point instead of Crockett's ferrari.and I do like that merc but it seems like too much with the darkened out grill there.with the aston a 100% blue interior would work like it does on this early vettehttp://corvette.canney.net/webvettes/1969/1969c/index.html but to have it like it was with the black steering wheel wrapped in brigh blue along with the tan just seemed odd to me as I've never really been a fan of having just parts of the interior rigged up to match the body like that, atleast when its in a bright color of that nature. plus the steering wheel reminds me of the steering wheel my fathers old 87 Cavalier Wagon RS had back when I was a kid, so it really seems out of place to have that style of wheel in an aston to me. as well as I've been primarily an american and italian car fan. almost exclusively with lamborghinis of the 80's and 90's like the jalpa, countach and diablo SV, hell the last true lamborghini I liked was the final diablo the gt and hell wasnt until I saw vice in 06 that I even bothered looking up what a ferrari was.along with the miurahttp://www.lambomiura.com/ but that only came as an extension of the MV thing past 06 as the miura is what goaded ferrari into making the daytona in the first place and the true beauty of the miura is the interior and the view out the rear

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5s0nBCjSFM

albeit in a different color combo, along the lines of what the testarossa had:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5615&stc=1&d=1333321918I admit the tan/cream like the testarossa had is a touch much around the speedo and the tach but other than that this is god damn beautiful to meplus what the chasis looks like when you pop the clam shell hoods open on the sadly nowadays modern (not futuristic like it was back in the 60's) looking body still beautiful but its been diminished by the modern age of lamborghini where it looks like they've been frankly trying to copy it just like Jaguar coppied the XKE and the inspector morse MK 2 with the XK8 and the X type, although those are still nice looking cars nonetheless but I hate it when it diminishes the identity of the old onesbut atleast those looked good, the new lambos look like someone took the old ones and handed them to a 13 year old fan of aircraft, namely the F22 and the countach and told him to mix them together and then had someone else smooth out all of the edges for the sake of the aerodynamics afterwards rather than doing whats needed and telling the designers to go crazy and to hell with aerodynamics which is what made the miura and the countach great.although keyly I would tell the designers to do like GM did with the original 1970 Opel GT, design it around the driver, not forget the driver and to hell with his well being and comfort to an extent. I mean the testarossa proved it was possibile to make a car just as crazy looking while still making it confortable to drive. save for the heavy controls and my opinion that the car could have easily looked a hell of alot better with gloss or semi gloss black paint on the spoilers, trimming the stokes over the air intakes so there not so thick at the front and having the koenig bumper mixed in with the stock front spoiler.after all you really dont need something that will do 200 mph anyways, a 160 - 170 top end is more that sufficent for the highways of europe as long as its got great acceleration to a 110 and good pullanyways that along with dabs of the occasional german cars I've liked, the most recent being the audi ur quattro after seeing it on ashes to ashes a few years ago. With the british stuff its conditional for me and usually I like some sort of wedgle like design like the S1 or S2 turbo lotus esprit and with the astons I like the DB4 GT, DB5, starting to like the old DBS and the DB6 now and some of the aston martin V8's based on there optioning like the one they had on top gear awhile back:http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_45772-Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-1979.htmlwith the old style wheels of the early ones in addition to the decendant of the V8, the old 92' virage vantage. although I didnt know that was actually a tradition with british cars like that past the 60's and early 70's to have the dash pad and steering wheel match the color of the car.With the shotgun actually if its based off of the old birds head grip I guess that would explain why its like that as typically the grip design of the old revolvers from the 18th century are based on tried and true grip angles that work. hence why the SAA survived the DA speedloader fed era and has become a popular staple of recreational shooting since the 1950'sand actually that sounds abit like the desert eagle bullet tooth tony had in Snatch actually and maybe with the latter ones they changed the extractor design as I had that happen to me frequently on a glock of the same era, an early german proofmarked glock 17 L and the damn thing does exactly the same thing, been meaning to get the ejector tuned because of that.so seeing as they were both new designs in the 80's maybe that was just a basic teething issue with them?with the amt automag I just like the look of that beast, pitty though that they couldnt keep there doors open just like D and D with the bren ten. People would be knocking down there doors for one nowadays as well honestly I dont think I've actually seen a modern pistol I've liked for quite some timesas I'm very love hate with SIG's hence why I dont own one, with the beretta's they dont make any blued ones like Bruce Willis had in die hard anymore and its just a matter of luck if you find one with the old blued finish on it. and about the only one I do like is the old first gen P99, other than that I have no intest in modern gunswith the detonics I'm more a fan of the little bulldog as I call it, the combat master. and I'm still kicking myself over not going with a mint matt black one over the new beretta 85.and isnt that the gun from Theif (1981) that James Cann had?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHgAEcVzh1o

and you oughta check out the smith and wesson forum, its amazing how much you can learn from that board if you simply askhttp://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.phphell it was one comment that someone made about the model 19 that explained the barrel cracking issue perfectly, they were using 125 grain 1500 FPS+ loads in them back in the 80's that even the toughest .357's couldnt take as those rounds cracked the barrels of rugers, colts, probably beat the bejesus out of the model 27's and 28's in additon to the K framesplus some of the 19-5's (the 1980 onwards version of the K frame) had defective barrels in them the factory didnt recall even though they knew about it as they were pushing the new L frame at that point and thus wanted to steer them towards the new frame gun.bloody bastards, hell I bet you if they had posted a warning about using that super hot round in all of those guns and recalled those 19-5's we'd have had plenty more K frames around in .357 mag.although the model 13 wasnt affected as by then the FBI knew about this to an extent and had them using 158 grain +p waddcutters in them.

post-592-13892964256062_thumb.jpg

Boy...it sure is a good thing I checked out the thread on guns to find all kinds of info on cars????Don't get me wrong guys but the info is great and should have it's own thread?!?Being an avid piston head and loving cars as I do, I would have missed all this great info if I didn't also have an interest in guns.....

Boy...it sure is a good thing I checked out the thread on guns to find all kinds of info on cars????Don't get me wrong guys but the info is great and should have it's own thread?!?Being an avid piston head and loving cars as I do' date=' I would have missed all this great info if I didn't also have an interest in guns.....[/quote']I thought the same thing but am new and don't know how to move the thread. Besides, we are sharing some info on guns.

Boy...it sure is a good thing I checked out the thread on guns to find all kinds of info on cars????Don't get me wrong guys but the info is great and should have it's own thread?!?Being an avid piston head and loving cars as I do' date=' I would have missed all this great info if I didn't also have an interest in guns.....[/quote']true and sorry I dont quite know how I get so sidelined sometimes lol, I think he mentioned something about tubbs having some other shotgun besides the one he had along with maybe that aston instead of the caddie and it just kicked off from that.plus as well just like my taste in everything else I have eclectic taste in cars as I have the mentality I like what I like when it comes to everything as things like old astons, guns and music that actually have identites and are unique in there own right are in short supply nowadays.

http://corvette.canney.net/webvettes/1969/1969c/index.html but to have it like it was with the black steering wheel wrapped in brigh blue along with the tan just seemed odd to me as I've never really been a fan of having just parts of the interior rigged up to match the body like that' date=' atleast when its in a bright color of that nature. plus the steering wheel reminds me of the steering wheel my fathers old 87 Cavalier Wagon RS had back when I was a kid, so it really seems out of place to have that style of wheel in an aston to me. as well as I've been primarily an american and italian car fan. almost exclusively with lamborghinis of the 80's and 90's like the jalpa, countach and diablo SV, hell the last true lamborghini I liked was the final diablo the gt and hell wasnt until I saw vice in 06 that I even bothered looking up what a ferrari was.along with the miura[url']http://www.lambomiura.com/ but that only came as an extension of the MV thing past 06 as the miura is what goaded ferrari into making the daytona in the first place and the true beauty of the miura is the interior and the view out the rear

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5s0nBCjSFM

albeit in a different color combo, along the lines of what the testarossa had:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5615&stc=1&d=1333321918I admit the tan/cream like the testarossa had is a touch much around the speedo and the tach but other than that this is god damn beautiful to meplus what the chasis looks like when you pop the clam shell hoods open on the sadly nowadays modern (not futuristic like it was back in the 60's) looking body still beautiful but its been diminished by the modern age of lamborghini where it looks like they've been frankly trying to copy it just like Jaguar coppied the XKE and the inspector morse MK 2 with the XK8 and the X type, although those are still nice looking cars nonetheless but I hate it when it diminishes the identity of the old onesbut atleast those looked good, the new lambos look like someone took the old ones and handed them to a 13 year old fan of aircraft, namely the F22 and the countach and told him to mix them together and then had someone else smooth out all of the edges for the sake of the aerodynamics afterwards rather than doing whats needed and telling the designers to go crazy and to hell with aerodynamics which is what made the miura and the countach great.although keyly I would tell the designers to do like GM did with the original 1970 Opel GT, design it around the driver, not forget the driver and to hell with his well being and comfort to an extent. I mean the testarossa proved it was possibile to make a car just as crazy looking while still making it confortable to drive. save for the heavy controls and my opinion that the car could have easily looked a hell of alot better with gloss or semi gloss black paint on the spoilers, trimming the stokes over the air intakes so there not so thick at the front and having the koenig bumper mixed in with the stock front spoiler.after all you really dont need something that will do 200 mph anyways, a 160 - 170 top end is more that sufficent for the highways of europe as long as its got great acceleration to a 110 and good pullanyways that along with dabs of the occasional german cars I've liked, the most recent being the audi ur quattro after seeing it on ashes to ashes a few years ago. With the british stuff its conditional for me and usually I like some sort of wedgle like design like the S1 or S2 turbo lotus esprit and with the astons I like the DB4 GT, DB5, starting to like the old DBS and the DB6 now and some of the aston martin V8's based on there optioning like the one they had on top gear awhile back:http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_45772-Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-1979.htmlwith the old style wheels of the early ones in addition to the decendant of the V8, the old 92' virage vantage. although I didnt know that was actually a tradition with british cars like that past the 60's and early 70's to have the dash pad and steering wheel match the color of the car.With the shotgun actually if its based off of the old birds head grip I guess that would explain why its like that as typically the grip design of the old revolvers from the 18th century are based on tried and true grip angles that work. hence why the SAA survived the DA speedloader fed era and has become a popular staple of recreational shooting since the 1950'sand actually that sounds abit like the desert eagle bullet tooth tony had in Snatch actually and maybe with the latter ones they changed the extractor design as I had that happen to me frequently on a glock of the same era, an early german proofmarked glock 17 L and the damn thing does exactly the same thing, been meaning to get the ejector tuned because of that.so seeing as they were both new designs in the 80's maybe that was just a basic teething issue with them?with the amt automag I just like the look of that beast, pitty though that they couldnt keep there doors open just like D and D with the bren ten. People would be knocking down there doors for one nowadays as well honestly I dont think I've actually seen a modern pistol I've liked for quite some timesas I'm very love hate with SIG's hence why I dont own one, with the beretta's they dont make any blued ones like Bruce Willis had in die hard anymore and its just a matter of luck if you find one with the old blued finish on it. and about the only one I do like is the old first gen P99, other than that I have no intest in modern gunswith the detonics I'm more a fan of the little bulldog as I call it, the combat master. and I'm still kicking myself over not going with a mint matt black one over the new beretta 85.and isnt that the gun from Theif (1981) that James Cann had?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHgAEcVzh1o

and you oughta check out the smith and wesson forum, its amazing how much you can learn from that board if you simply askhttp://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.phphell it was one comment that someone made about the model 19 that explained the barrel cracking issue perfectly, they were using 125 grain 1500 FPS+ loads in them back in the 80's that even the toughest .357's couldnt take as those rounds cracked the barrels of rugers, colts, probably beat the bejesus out of the model 27's and 28's in additon to the K framesplus some of the 19-5's (the 1980 onwards version of the K frame) had defective barrels in them the factory didnt recall even though they knew about it as they were pushing the new L frame at that point and thus wanted to steer them towards the new frame gun.bloody bastards, hell I bet you if they had posted a warning about using that super hot round in all of those guns and recalled those 19-5's we'd have had plenty more K frames around in .357 mag.although the model 13 wasnt affected as by then the FBI knew about this to an extent and had them using 158 grain +p waddcutters in them.
Since I grew up in Europe, the only American car I wanted was a chromed out black CJ7, as Crockett had on the beach (and Neeson had in his garage). Those were popular back then in Europe. I did get myself Crockett's white over red 67 Mustang from Smuggler's Blues but I got a 66, since I did not (DID - past tense) not know the difference.For European cars one really has to understand the different countries' mentalities. The Brits are the Americans with big carborated push-rods, fat tires and raw power. A proper Brit always has the dash, steering wheel, piping, floor mats and sometimes the stitching in the exterior color). Brits rarely choose black or navy interiors. Most often one sees beige and magnolia.Germans were highly engineered with medium sized fuel injected engines an interiors were usually black, navy or grey. The often chose the same color interior to match the exterior (boring). In the 80's of course we hade the Vice Mercedes, blacked out or body colored chrome, lowered, widened and souped up. The nicest 500SELs used in vice are not on IMCDB. It's Lombard's blue car and a parked black on grey car where Svitek pulled a gun on someone in Milk Run methinks. Germans also had their seats (Porsche and BMW) made by Recaro in addition to offer Recaro's own seats as an option. The also had a long option list, whilst the Brits and Italians had next to none.The Italians were loathed in Germany, as were the Brits as they were not refined enough but secretly everyone wanted one. Strangely, Italians preferred Webber carbs and lost power when they had to go to EFI. Italians, like the Brits, preferred light interiors bit with a black dash and standard Momo steering wheel (Lambo used Nardi). Cars were mostly impractical but ever so sweet. The Miura is an awesome machine, but still, you could not rely on it when going on long trips. The Countach's air conditioning is insufficient and one can't even open the windows. Although I would have a Countach with a Diablo SE Jota engine and chopped into a Speedster. I just need more money. A lot more.So they're all different beasts. Then one compares between each manufacturer. A Mercedes front double A-arm suspension was bullet proof but doing slides around corners was difficult, as the car snaps. A BMW is more finicky built you can ride the car around the corner and know exactly when to dial back the turn. I'm comparing here two 256bhp cars, my 560SL and M6. The air-cooled 911 is the most difficult car to learn to drive properly, but when done, the easiest to drive.Is this a gun thread? Oh, in that case.It was 1982 when Smith stopped recessing cylinders and pinning barrels. In 1988 they improved their guns with new Yokes but the stupid floating hand. In 1990 that was changed back to the old style hand. Therefore I collect all N frames from 1988-93 (when they started with laser engraving instead of stamp rolling) and rounded rear sights which were drilled and tapped. No thanks. There are a few 82-87 I have like the 624 (the -1 is too hard to find), but I change to the new yoke with radiused screw. Also all floating hands are replaced with proper ones. The best N-frames were the 1990-93, like the 29-5/629-3 etc.Btw I know all that because I am on the Smith & Wesson Forum (10mm) and learned from members there.I also collect others, but just for the sake of it. The nicest blue I came across was a Browning. The Thief gun is a Hoag; yes correct, lovely piece. I didn't know Beretta made blue guns. I'll look into it but do look a a new blue Browning Hi-Power. Those things are the bluest blue I've ever seen.I like the late 80s Sig P220s and am thinking about turning on into the Burnett gun. I suppose, if I silver anodize the frame I would want a satin blue slide, not matte grey blue as per the original and not bright blue, as it's not German enough.

true and sorry I dont quite know how I get so sidelined sometimes lol' date=' I think he mentioned something about tubbs having some other shotgun besides the one he had along with maybe that aston instead of the caddie and it just kicked off from that.plus as well just like my taste in everything else I have eclectic taste in cars as I have the mentality I like what I like when it comes to everything as things like old astons, guns and music that actually have identites and are unique in there own right are in short supply nowadays.[/quote']Kavinsky, for any reply on cars, just hijack the thread and create a new one. I also get too carried away...

Kavinsky' date=' for any reply on cars, just hijack the thread and create a new one. I also get too carried away...[/quote']yeah Ill start a new thread called the car thread or something here as it is still vice related.

• 1 year later...

I have a holster question on the S&W 4506. I heard on another thread that part way through the fifth season, Sonny was sport a Galco Miami Classic II holster for 4506. I know he got a new Galco holster when the Bren Ten was dropped and the S&W 645 adopted in the the 3rd season. I assumed this was the Galco Miami Classic (what I thought was the renamed Galco Original Jackass Rig, maybe a different rig than the Jackass) that was fitted for his 645. When you look up holsters for the S&W 645 and 4506 on Galco's website, they have the same Classic Lite rig for the 645 listed for both, so I assume that the 4506 and 645 fit in the same holster and they could have continued using the the same Miami Classic or Original Jackass for the 645 into the 5th season. Is this the case? How many Galco rigs for the S&W did they use?

Dont know but I found out that the major change to the Smith 645 to its third gen equivalent was the frame, not the slide for the most part.and that of one cop, who just kept the old holster and used it for his 4506 after they came out and hit the market (both the 645 and 4506 were legit cop guns, I've seen the marked ones on gunbroker from time to time, hard to imagine them using them nowadays, even I didnt believe at first)so he might have been using the same holster for S5 that he did in S4, plus the 4506 he had was not a 4506, it was a transitional 645 with the beadblasted slide and frame (with a polished slide done by production probably after they were given it) and third gen grips but the frame was the same size as the 645.something the leader of the bren ten forums told me as he had seen the Season 5 gun in person along with the bren ten back in the day, I dont know how but he did.

Dont know but I found out that the major change to the Smith 645 to its third gen equivalent was the frame' date=' not the slide for the most part.and that of one cop, who just kept the old holster and used it for his 4506 after they came out and hit the market (both the 645 and 4506 were legit cop guns, I've seen the marked ones on gunbroker from time to time, hard to imagine them using them nowadays, even I didnt believe at first)so he might have been using the same holster for S5 that he did in S4, plus the 4506 he had was not a 4506, it was a transitional 645 with the beadblasted slide and frame (with a polished slide done by production probably after they were given it) and third gen grips but the frame was the same size as the 645.something the leader of the bren ten forums told me as he had seen the Season 5 gun in person along with the bren ten back in the day, I dont know how but he did.[/quote']Is the holster an Original Jackass Rig or Miami Classic (or is there no difference at that time)? I heard on another thread that the Classic II appeared mid 5th season.

Dont know but I found out that the major change to the Smith 645 to its third gen equivalent was the frame' date=' not the slide for the most part.and that of one cop, who just kept the old holster and used it for his 4506 after they came out and hit the market (both the 645 and 4506 were legit cop guns, I've seen the marked ones on gunbroker from time to time, hard to imagine them using them nowadays, even I didnt believe at first)so he might have been using the same holster for S5 that he did in S4, plus the 4506 he had was not a 4506, it was a transitional 645 with the beadblasted slide and frame (with a polished slide done by production probably after they were given it) and third gen grips but the frame was the same size as the 645.something the leader of the bren ten forums told me as he had seen the Season 5 gun in person along with the bren ten back in the day, I dont know how but he did.[/quote']After rereading this post again, it sounds like the 5th season sidearm was just a 645 with the grip off a 4506. Could it be that the 5th season sidearm was the same 645 used for the 3rd and 4th seasons and just updated?

After rereading this post again' date=' it sounds like the 5th season sidearm was just a 645 with the grip off a 4506. Could it be that the 5th season sidearm was the same 645 used for the 3rd and 4th seasons and just updated?[/quote']I dont think so but I did note that it seemed like in this shot:Eingefügtes Bildfrom badge of dishonorthere was more than one 645, plus the one on the IMFDB page that's listed as the 645 he used is using a red bead instead of the black one it had in the show (the VERY early 645's had that)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildblack bead vs red oneSo I dont know, I have seen beadblasted and converted 645s to the new front sight system of the 4506 but it just seems like it would have been cost prohibitive to switch over to the new sights, new front strap checkering and all that, plus the trigger was redone for the 4506, even the early ones and it looks like a newer gun in freefallhowever it would probably be easy enough to take a 645 slide and put it on a 4506 TR model, but then you would have to switch the sights to the new style so that seems illogical.

post-592-13892965628469_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965628906_thumb.jpg

from badge of dishonorthere was more than one 645" data-date=" plus the one on the IMFDB page that">

http://www.imfdb.org/images/1/1c/MV4-SW645-2.jpgEingefügtes Bildblack bead vs red oneSo I dont know, I have seen beadblasted and converted 645s to the new front sight system of the 4506 but it just seems like it would have been cost prohibitive to switch over to the new sights, new front strap checkering and all that, plus the trigger was redone for the 4506, even the early ones and it looks like a newer gun in freefallhowever it would probably be easy enough to take a 645 slide and put it on a 4506 TR model, but then you would have to switch the sights to the new style so that seems illogical.

I have owned both a 645 and currently own a 4506 and 1006. The 3rd gen frames were different from the 2nd gen frames. I wanted to convert my 645 to accept the 4506 grips. I did not see it possible and Smith and Wesson advised against it.I am sure it can be done. However, as stated here, it would not be worth the cost to do so and you are changing the original configuration of the 645, depreciating the value.If you want to put a full grip 4506 or 1006 on a 645, better to get a 4506 or 1006 and put it on it a 3rd gen frame, and not on 645 or 2nd gen frame.

I have owned both a 645 and currently own a 4506 and 1006. The 3rd gen frames were different from the 2nd gen frames. I wanted to convert my 645 to accept the 4506 grips. I did not see it possible and Smith and Wesson advised against it.I am sure it can be done. However' date=' as stated here, it would not be worth the cost to do so and you are changing the original configuration of the 645, depreciating the value.If you want to put a full grip 4506 or 1006 on a 645, better to get a 4506 or 1006 and put it on it a 3rd gen frame, and not on 645 or 2nd gen frame.[/quote']Crockett's 4506 is a little confusing, I want to someday own each of Crockett's hand canons (as my fellow Vice fan friend used to call it in college) but I'm not sure what to be shopping for with the 5th season sidearm. The 4506 was made from '88 to '01, so there were some running changes in it, limiting the number of 4506s on the secondary market that would be a close representation of Crockett's. That also confuses me as to why Crockett's 4506 is a hybrid between the 465 and 4506. They were all ready in production, unlike the 6906 which must have been a preproduction version, why mix and match parts? To get a Crockett 4506, should I buy and 4506 and then add certain parts, what's the recipe? Or do I need a super early 1988 one? I thought a correct 4506 would be the easier one to find, but maybe the correct 645 will be easier to find since it had such a short production. BTW, someone mentioned there being more than one 645, yeah with TV production they would have at least two maybe more made. I think there were two of the original Bren Ten .45 blank firing custom made for the show. I keep using the singular when talking about Crockett's particular firearms, but I should use the plural. There would have been two or more Galco holsters each season too. There were probably rubber ones too for the stunts.

Its actually a legit model his S5 gun, not a hodgepodge. They pop up on gunbroker and guns america somewhat and I did save the photosbasically the story is that there the first 200 guns made probably before they decided to go with the 4 digit naming system and changed the frame a little, after all the first of any run are a little different than the latter ones.best guess is they were going to be as thin as the 645. and Wayne Novak probably had them widen the frame to match the feel of a standard 645 with packmyer grips on it, which add a small amount of width to it that makes the gun much more controllable. mind you I'm going off of what I've been told, not what I know like with the 645 as I recently acquired one a few months agoI did handle both a 645 and a 4506 right after each other, early ones but it wasnt enough time to tell the difference between themhere's what the 645 TR model as I call it looks likehttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8041&stc=1&d=1370659594http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8042&stc=1&d=1370659615http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8043&stc=1&d=1370659632http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8044&stc=1&d=1370659651Vs a 4506http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8045&stc=1&d=1370659668 like I said supposedly its a difference in width of the frame between the 645 TR and the 4506the 645, the S3 gun would be easy enough to go for but I would go for one with matt grips and the screw driver screw on the side as that has round bushings for its grips vs the square ones on the early oneswhich means your stuck with gloss grips or packs pretty much on an early one like I am, then just have someone pop out the red insert with a black one and your donebut the latter gun is more refined and much harder to scratch, the second gen 645 finishes arent very scratch proof hence why they went with beadblasting for a service gunplus the checkering on the front strap was made to be much less sharpplus supposedly the trigger and feel in general of the latter guns are much more refined although you have to go for a square trigger guard model with the 4506, as post 1990 redesign they removed the hook and changed the frame again, this time adding more bulk around the nosemy guess is it didnt need it and it was just an easier way to simplify production and probably use 4506 frames on the 10mm 1006.and well as you can see in the photos the slide was polished, giving it a reversed look of the bren ten in S1 and S2

post-592-13892965630273_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965630984_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965631442_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965631941_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965632457_thumb.jpg

I have a holster question on the S&W 4506. I heard on another thread that part way through the fifth season' date=' Sonny was sport a Galco Miami Classic II holster for 4506. I know he got a new Galco holster when the Bren Ten was dropped and the S&W 645 adopted in the the 3rd season. I assumed this was the Galco Miami Classic (what I thought was the renamed Galco Original Jackass Rig, maybe a different rig than the Jackass) that was fitted for his 645. When you look up holsters for the S&W 645 and 4506 on Galco's website, they have the same Classic Lite rig for the 645 listed for both, so I assume that the 4506 and 645 fit in the same holster and they could have continued using the the same Miami Classic or Original Jackass for the 645 into the 5th season. Is this the case? How many Galco rigs for the S&W did they use?[/quote']I found this listed online:http://www.armslist.com/posts/1145396/oklahoma-city-oklahoma-holsters-for-sale---galco-shoulder-holster-for-smith---wesson-645---4506-super-nice-rare-miami-vice-w-cuff-caseIt says it's an Original Jackass Rig for the S&W, and also states that it fits both the 645 and 4506. Is the holster that was used on the series for season 3 thru 5?

I found this listed online:http://www.armslist.com/posts/1145396/oklahoma-city-oklahoma-holsters-for-sale---galco-shoulder-holster-for-smith---wesson-645---4506-super-nice-rare-miami-vice-w-cuff-caseIt says it's an Original Jackass Rig for the S&W' date=' and also states that it fits both the 645 and 4506. Is the holster that was used on the series for season 3 thru 5?[/quote']Probably, it does sound like it and from what I understand the earlier holsters like that were handmade and hand fitted and are supposedly of better quality.mind you that's just second hand grumbling I heard of them, but given how big Jackass/Galco has gotten I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if there is some truth to it.Mass production vs hand fitting by someone who knows what there doing and all that.although I must note in one or two of the episodes in S3 I think it was black in one or two of the scenes, could be the leather got darker or something but I just noticed it in down for the count I believe.

Its actually a legit model his S5 gun' date=' not a hodgepodge. They pop up on gunbroker and guns america somewhat and I did save the photosbasically the story is that there the first 200 guns made probably before they decided to go with the 4 digit naming system and changed the frame a little, after all the first of any run are a little different than the latter ones.best guess is they were going to be as thin as the 645. and Wayne Novak probably had them widen the frame to match the feel of a standard 645 with packmyer grips on it, which add a small amount of width to it that makes the gun much more controllable. mind you I'm going off of what I've been told, not what I know like with the 645 as I recently acquired one a few months agoI did handle both a 645 and a 4506 right after each other, early ones but it wasnt enough time to tell the difference between them like I said supposedly its a difference in width of the frame between the 645 TR and the 4506the 645, the S3 gun would be easy enough to go for but I would go for one with matt grips and the screw driver screw on the side as that has round bushings for its grips vs the square ones on the early oneswhich means your stuck with gloss grips or packs pretty much on an early one like I am, then just have someone pop out the red insert with a black one and your donebut the latter gun is more refined and much harder to scratch, the second gen 645 finishes arent very scratch proof hence why they went with beadblasting for a service gunplus the checkering on the front strap was made to be much less sharpplus supposedly the trigger and feel in general of the latter guns are much more refined although you have to go for a square trigger guard model with the 4506, as post 1990 redesign they removed the hook and changed the frame again, this time adding more bulk around the nosemy guess is it didnt need it and it was just an easier way to simplify production and probably use 4506 frames on the 10mm 1006.and well as you can see in the photos the slide was polished, giving it a reversed look of the bren ten in S1 and S2[/quote']Thanks, that helps me a lot. Wow, 200 645 TRs! That's even rarer than the Bren Ten, but not as pricey. I suppose a 645 would be the most likely to find first to start a collection with.

Probably' date=' it does sound like it and from what I understand the earlier holsters like that were handmade and hand fitted and are supposedly of better quality.mind you that's just second hand grumbling I heard of them, but given how big Jackass/Galco has gotten I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if there is some truth to it.Mass production vs hand fitting by someone who knows what there doing and all that.although I must note in one or two of the episodes in S3 I think it was black in one or two of the scenes, could be the leather got darker or something but I just noticed it in down for the count I believe.[/quote']Could be after a hot active day of shooting and the leather was really sweat soaked. That listing called it an Original Jackass Rig, so I wasn't sure if there was a difference with the Miami Classic from that period, or if they are the same holster just renamed. Seeing a holster for a 645 advertised for a 4506 too, again suggests that the season 5 645 TR may have been used with the same holster DJ was fitted for at the beginning of season 3. I've read one thread that said the Classic II holster appeared halfway through season 5 which may have been the third and final Galco for Sonny.

Could be after a hot active day of shooting and the leather was really sweat soaked. That listing called it an Original Jackass Rig' date=' so I wasn't sure if there was a difference with the Miami Classic from that period, or if they are the same holster just renamed. Seeing a holster for a 645 advertised for a 4506 too, again suggests that the season 5 645 TR may have been used with the same holster DJ was fitted for at the beginning of season 3. I've read one thread that said the Classic II holster appeared halfway through season 5 which may have been the third and final Galco for Sonny.[/quote']Yeah with that 645 transitional model they DO show up though, I occasionally check the gunbroker and guns america for 645 and 4506 to see what shows up as some odd customs do pop up.and I have seen atleast 3 of those guns pop up on there and for the same price as the 645 and 4506 so its still affordable unlike a bren ten which requires you to fork down the cost of a car for it and then you might not even be able to shoot it.great gun, great idea, just not enough QC and forethought in the construction process, closest you can get is a CZ 97, or an EAA witness if your feeling gutsy and then after the money you have to check it at a magnaflux place, non destructive to make sure the slide and metal are good yet with a bren, its just too much.I can keep an eye out and alert you if one pops up if you like with the 645 TR, hell I would like to see someone give one the S5 treatment.Not sure with the classic 2, I know he was hand fitted by galco in S1 with the bren and what I already said about the state of the fitting. and with the show ending it seems unlikely they'd go for a new holster midway through the last season unless it was before the show was canceled.

Yeah with that 645 transitional model they DO show up though' date=' I occasionally check the gunbroker and guns america for 645 and 4506 to see what shows up as some odd customs do pop up.and I have seen atleast 3 of those guns pop up on there and for the same price as the 645 and 4506 so its still affordable unlike a bren ten which requires you to fork down the cost of a car for it and then you might not even be able to shoot it.great gun, great idea, just not enough QC and forethought in the construction process, closest you can get is a CZ 97, or an EAA witness if your feeling gutsy and then after the money you have to check it at a magnaflux place, non destructive to make sure the slide and metal are good yet with a bren, its just too much.I can keep an eye out and alert you if one pops up if you like with the 645 TR, hell I would like to see someone give one the S5 treatment.Not sure with the classic 2, I know he was hand fitted by galco in S1 with the bren and what I already said about the state of the fitting. and with the show ending it seems unlikely they'd go for a new holster midway through the last season unless it was before the show was canceled.[/quote']I'm flat busted now, but probably by the end of the summer and into the fall I will be flush enough to start shopping. But thanks for offering to keep your eyes peeled, let me know what you find. I'm not surprise that the 645, 645-TR, and 4506 all run about the same price. They were essentially the same handgun just different stages of its evolution. Yeah a 3rd and 4th season 465, or 5th season 645-TR are probably going to be my first Crockett hand-cannon. Whichever I come across first. I've been doing some googling online for Galco holster info, and from what I've seen, heard from people, and read on Galco's site I think I might have some idea what I'm looking for. As I understand it during the 2nd season, Galco was selling the Original Jackass Rig, which they made a couple (I presume there were at least two holsters for shooting) for the Bren Ten and personally fit DJ for. At some point after that, they renamed the Original Jackass Rig to Miami Classic and so both are the same setup of backstrap attaching under the barrel on the holster. It may have been called the Miami Classic when they fitted the holsters for the S&W 645, or renamed sometime after that during 3rd or 4th seasons. Galco probably did not fit a new holster for 5th season and the 645-TR, because if the 645 and 4506 use the same holster, the 645-TR should fit too. Then sometime before the middle of 5th season, Galco came out with the Miami Classic II rig which has the two attachment points above the slide on the holster and is the Miami Classic that they sell today. And then mid season they fitted their Classic II for the 645-TR for the rest of the season. There's a lot of supposition in that storyline, but that's how I have best put it all together in my brain. If anyone knows better please correct me. I haven't watched the 5th season in years, and I'm currently watching the first season one episode each Friday night to experience it like I did back when I was in middle school first watching it. At this rate I won't get to 5th for some time, so maybe I'll watch the DJ episodes from Bad Timing forward with an eye out for holsters and hand-canons.