Burnett's S&W 4506!!

kokopelli

Yeah the other thing is with GB I dont know if your state has an approved firearm roster that dictates what guns can and cant come in but knowing the place that spawned the worst politicians and criminals in the world (obama and capone come to mind immediately' date=' mind you we had Ted Kennedy and Whitey Buldger so no bed of roses here either) I wouldnt doubt it so you may have to find your 645/4506 locally as like in CA you may not be able to bring it in. although the bren ten counts as C and R because its been out of production for 30 years and the company is long gone. and thus C and R, curio and relic applies to it so the BS the communist states are pushing does not apply no matter how hard they try to huff, puff and blow your door downalso with the license to carry thing originally this country didnt give a damn about permits like that, only if you had the license to own it, and thus states are using it as an excuse to say you cant carry your own gun even if you legally own it.[/quote']Actually Capone is from New York, he moved to Chicago later. Same with the President, only from Hawaii. FOID card to buy and possess a firearm and ammunition in Illinois. No federally banned weapons, otherwise everything else is legal. Unless you are in a local jurisdiction with an assault weapons and magazine ban, while some areas have handgun restrictions. An 8 round semi auto .45 is not restricted in Illinois. Anything transported must be cased and unloaded (although loaded mags can be in the case, just not in the firearm). The new concealed carry law goes into effect in 6 months. The CC permit is $150 for 5 years. Must be 21, no mental health or felonies on record, have a FOID, and take a 16 hour class with target shooting standards. Once you get all that done, you send in the app off the state police page with fingerprints and they are "shall" issue in 90 days. Tough requirements compared to other states, but not unreasonable. Should have mine in a year. BTW, if you have a permit from another state, you can't carry on your person, but you can have it in your vehicle if you're driving through Illinois.

Actually Capone is from New York' date=' he moved to Chicago later. Same with the President, only from Hawaii. FOID card to buy and possess a firearm and ammunition in Illinois. No federally banned weapons, otherwise everything else is legal. Unless you are in a local jurisdiction with an assault weapons and magazine ban, while some areas have handgun restrictions. An 8 round semi auto .45 is not restricted in Illinois. Anything transported must be cased and unloaded (although loaded mags can be in the case, just not in the firearm). The new concealed carry law goes into effect in 6 months. The CC permit is $150 for 5 years. Must be 21, no mental health or felonies on record, have a FOID, and take a 16 hour class with target shooting standards. Once you get all that done, you send in the app off the state police page with fingerprints and they are "shall" issue in 90 days. Tough requirements compared to other states, but not unreasonable. Should have mine in a year. BTW, if you have a permit from another state, you can't carry on your person, but you can have it in your vehicle if you're driving through Illinois.[/quote']Okay that is sad, your state is better than mine then, although do they say it has to be in a locked container and if not have a trigger lock on it like they do here?and our state is complete with a State wide magazine ban I might add, although we have the shall issue here too, and the licensing renewing has been backed up on purpose by atleast 6 months by these people who hate gun people. and by bad police chiefs, GOAL, the Gun Owners Action League, tried to get them to force an investigation into this and were given a no go by the state, hell for all I know it was an order directly from the fat bastard who runs boston. although it looks like grimm's got his number so things might get better in boston in a few years as well damn near half the state nearly voted in a Republican senator, if only he hadnt screwed up the third debate. and our moron president is from Hawaii? that explains so much as the gun laws I've heard are especially bad there.and honestly I dont really remember hearing about capones actions in NY, maybe its because he got taken down in chicago and thus that part of his life is overshadowed by that. hard to believe really given it was the home of Magnum PI at one point. But alright I guess I'll have to take Illinois off of the states to avoid list, unless I want to look into getting a noise suppressor for a gun someday, along with getting into Russian combat rifles.

Okay that is sad' date=' your state is better than mine then, although do they say it has to be in a locked container and if not have a trigger lock on it like they do here?and our state is complete with a State wide magazine ban I might add, although we have the shall issue here too, and the licensing renewing has been backed up on purpose by atleast 6 months by these people who hate gun people. and by bad police chiefs, GOAL, the Gun Owners Action League, tried to get them to force an investigation into this and were given a no go by the state, hell for all I know it was an order directly from the fat bastard who runs boston. although it looks like grimm's got his number so things might get better in boston in a few years as well damn near half the state nearly voted in a Republican senator, if only he hadnt screwed up the third debate. and our moron president is from Hawaii? that explains so much as the gun laws I've heard are especially bad there.and honestly I dont really remember hearing about capones actions in NY, maybe its because he got taken down in chicago and thus that part of his life is overshadowed by that. hard to believe really given it was the home of Magnum PI at one point. But alright I guess I'll have to take Illinois off of the states to avoid list, unless I want to look into getting a noise suppressor for a gun someday, along with getting into Russian combat rifles.[/quote']Now that I think about it, I think a lot of Illinoisans came from other states originally. Lincoln was from Kentucky and Grant from Ohio. Then there were a lot of Illinoisans who left and became famous later; Reagan, CM Punk, Hilary Clinton, Robin Willimas, Harrison Ford, Jon Belushi, Mr T, etc.Yeah, no magazine restrictions on the state level. And no gun locks or gun safes required. But I use 'em anyway. Even before concealed carry, Illinois game law required firearms to be in a case, unloaded, and mags could be in the case. Although you could not transport through local areas with handgun or assault weapon bans, so you had to know local ordinances and boundaries in the suburbs and Cook Co. Last I heard there were 20 towns and cities that enacted firearms restrictions more stringent than the state law, but they are bared from enacting new ones after the deadline this month. I'm in a major urban area outside of the suburbs, so we are just straight state law. When I finally get signed up for the CCW class, should I use the S&W 645/4506 or S&W 6906 to qualify?

https://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p227-carry-nitron.aspxand the price just goes up and uphttps://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p227-sas-gen-2.aspxand no reverse two tone like on the mosquitoe availableI do kind of like the look of these two thoughhttps://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/m11-a1.aspxhttps://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p226-elite-sao.aspxbut that Might be the photography department making it look better in artificial lighting than real lighting. Part of the reason why its a good idea to go view a few ads on GB to see how it looks in real lighting and to give you a better idea of how it looks in person.also lifeguard this is what I was talking about with the novak sightshttps://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p220.aspxand I think I found Burnett's gun, somewhat.http://www.imfdb.org/images/8/87/MV4-SIG220-3.jpghttp://www.imfdb.org/images/f/fa/BurnettP2202.jpghttp://www.imfdb.org/images/0/0b/BurnettP2204.jpghttps://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p220-stainless-reverse-two-tone.aspxbottom of the page, complete with a stainless frame, price is surprisingly on par with the other guns, rather than costing double of what the others are.although not sure how close that is to the nickel finish of the burnett gun, hammer and trigger would have to be redone.

That Reverse Two Tone Sig does look a lot like Bad Sonny's Sig. I wouldn't mind having one, but for the stainless frame and 39 ounce weight. My alloy frame Sigs have spoiled me for carry. I bet Bad Sonny's Sig was custom made as the trigger guard looked rounded too. Nice find!

That Reverse Two Tone Sig does look a lot like Bad Sonny's Sig. I wouldn't mind having one' date=' but for the stainless frame and 39 ounce weight. My alloy frame Sigs have spoiled me for carry. I bet Bad Sonny's Sig was custom made as the trigger guard looked rounded too. Nice find![/quote']I think we had someone on here at one point who made one like he had, using an early model 220, I remember him saying it was tricky to get the finish right on account of the alloy frame actually.so I think it might be easier to nickel plate steel and stainless as well, which while looking at GB for 645 photos for a long time, as I was trying to soak up as much information as possible about them, I did actually come across a nickel plated 645.it didnt look that good so I didnt bother saving the photos sadly as it was your typical pimp gun, but it does prove its possible.and I would think that well with a gun like that is one you would want to keep it as a range only gun anyways. Also honestly part of the reason why I've avoided sigs for so long was that very reason, as they were mostly alloy framed and cost as much as proper steel guns. and even in that case you could buy a 639 for much cheaper than a Sig Sauer 220 in 9mm, which they did make in the 1980's but it was discontinued because of lack of salesgiven the rush for double stack 9mm's back then and even now. Plus I just dont trust alloy frames on the account that if you shoot them enough some of them do actually break. while there are full steel guns from the 1900's that were used and well worn that are still around and usable in comparison like the old winchester leaver actions for instance or even the colt new service revolvers that replaced the unwanted and forgotten SAA's after the winchesters and DA revolvers hit

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=miAVDSzAYgM

which if you know where to look are selling at bargain prices, as I know of one in .45 long colt selling for half of the asking price of a normal 220 locally. and if I'm going to put the money down I do want it to last, given that one day I may have grandkids and I may want to pass it down to them.
Now that I think about it' date=' I think a lot of Illinoisans came from other states originally. Lincoln was from Kentucky and Grant from Ohio. Then there were a lot of Illinoisans who left and became famous later; Reagan, CM Punk, Hilary Clinton, Robin Willimas, Harrison Ford, Jon Belushi, Mr T, etc.Yeah, no magazine restrictions on the state level. And no gun locks or gun safes required. But I use 'em anyway. Even before concealed carry, Illinois game law required firearms to be in a case, unloaded, and mags could be in the case. Although you could not transport through local areas with handgun or assault weapon bans, so you had to know local ordinances and boundaries in the suburbs and Cook Co. Last I heard there were 20 towns and cities that enacted firearms restrictions more stringent than the state law, but they are bared from enacting new ones after the deadline this month. I'm in a major urban area outside of the suburbs, so we are just straight state law. When I finally get signed up for the CCW class, should I use the S&W 645/4506 or S&W 6906 to qualify?[/quote']sounds like you've got the opposite of my state then, where its the state that is trying to hurt you any way they can and they like to spin it to say the opposite, all in the name of public safety just so they can get there way and create there ideal dystopia.while the people are fighting it but cant make any progress given the entire deck is stacked against them, just like it was in 1775. complete with sales tax and state tax that didnt get voted out, as they tricked the college students into thinking it would have effected them and made there cost go up exponentially, even though there out of staters probably and would have gotten screwed either way regardless.god damn it though, I really do have to get out of here then, pitty as I really like the wildlife we get up here, you name it, it shows up along with the weather.hell at one point I even had ducks nesting in my backyard and swimming in my pool, complete with 5 little ones learning to swim in it. Guess that begs the question do you even get hummingbirds up there? are they the ruby throated ones we get up hgere? any cardinals and yellow finches? what about deer, foxes, turkeys and the like?hows that for sad though, that means thought that technically MA is on par with NY, Washington and California, the true axis of evil in regards to our life saving hobby and anything that's worth fighting for. great its really just like the old animals song
I DO need to get out of here.I'd say either the 6906 or the 4506 given that your probably going to put some holster wear on it for qualifying, and the beadblasting finish is far more scratch resistant than the 645 brushed finish. basically just pick what you like and spend atleast 2 to 3 range sessions, one per week for a month basically, of 50 rounds a piece shooting at clay pigeons, NOT paper targets to see where the gun is shooting and adjust accordingly to it. as well I need to sight in the 645 and see where its hitting, given the front sight was knocked a little and I've been trying to rectify it doing some DIY on it. and also focus on the front sight, nothing else matters, pick a target and focus on it, which is where having better eye sight is keyalso buy some snap caps and do as much snap cap practice on it as possible to get your pull down, its all about the trigger release and reset when it comes to being accurate.

I'd say either the 6906 or the 4506 given that your probably going to put some holster wear on it for qualifying' date=' and the beadblasting finish is far more scratch resistant than the 645 brushed finish. basically just pick what you like and spend atleast 2 to 3 range sessions, one per week for a month basically, of 50 rounds a piece shooting at clay pigeons, NOT paper targets to see where the gun is shooting and adjust accordingly to it. as well I need to sight in the 645 and see where its hitting, given the front sight was knocked a little and I've been trying to rectify it doing some DIY on it. and also focus on the front sight, nothing else matters, pick a target and focus on it, which is where having better eye sight is keyalso buy some snap caps and do as much snap cap practice on it as possible to get your pull down, its all about the trigger release and reset when it comes to being accurate.[/quote']Thanks for the input. I wasn't getting the impression that the Illinois requirements would be a draw and shoot qualification. I know the practical test at the end of the 16 hour course is done on a B27 silhouette target with a 70% score to pass on 10 rounds at 5 yards, 10 rounds at 7 yards, and 10 rounds at 10 yards.

Thanks for the input. I wasn't getting the impression that the Illinois requirements would be a draw and shoot qualification. I know the practical test at the end of the 16 hour course is done on a B27 silhouette target with a 70% score to pass on 10 rounds at 5 yards' date=' 10 rounds at 7 yards, and 10 rounds at 10 yards.[/quote']Thing is though you need atleast 2 range sessions of 50 rounds to learn a gun, how to hold it and deal with the recoil.plus changing the grips if it doesnt fit you regardless of the range, hell I remember once when I started with a PPK I couldnt hit jack with it at 5 yards, I was all over the place when I was shooting at paper now I can handle a hard to shoot J frame like a pro and snipe clay pigeons with it at 25 yards since I can actually see where the guns hitting since I switched from paper to clays. so its one of those things where the more practice you get the better, plus you may need to use the thing to save your life.and that is something no one can afford to screw around with.

• 7 months later...

Found a 645 Interim or pilot handgun that has never been fired and jumped on it.  I'm a bit poorer now, but at around 450 of these made, it is the rarest of the Crockett sidearms so I couldn't pass it up.  Here it is with a vintage Galco 262 holster and harness.  I also have the 645 metal bottom and follower mags that are screen correct for the 645-INT.  The handcuffs are Smith & Wesson, but are brand new and I don't know if they differ from the '80s era model.  

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Although the A1405 mag case is period correct, it is not screen accurate.  The case used for the S&W 645 and 645-INT seems to be a custom case or one that was a pattern that was pretty rare.  It's sort of a blend between the bottom of the earlier sewn case and the top of the later open corner case, but with the harness mounts on the back of the case instead of the corners.  The cuffs case is an A1412.  

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

• 3 weeks later...

Remember polish only the sides, not the topstrap or the sidestraps of the triangle on the top

I'm not sure which part is the sidestraps of the triangle?  From looking at the stills from the 5th season, it looks like the two sides with engraved lettering were polished down the two sides of the slide to stop at the textured point.  The rest is left bead blasted.

Eingefügtes Bild

Yeah my fault, bad way to put it, the top strap was left normal next to the beadblasting next to it, stopping at the flat sides of the slides, which were polished.

basically see how on this one this guy polished everything but the top strap, you need to leave the spot between the top strap and the sides of the slides beadblasted as well, and also the beadblasting around the nose there too. purely polishing just the sides.

actually you've got an all original gun right there, why not simply get another slide for it to work over like that? as I would imagine 4506 slides would probably work for it, if nothing else you could use it as a practice piece first.

post-471-0-90237700-1395973732_thumb.jpg

post-471-0-23455900-1395973834_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kavinsky

Yeah my fault, bad way to put it, the top strap was left normal next to the beadblasting next to it, stopping at the flat sides of the slides, which were polished.

basically see how on this one this guy polished everything but the top strap, you need to leave the spot between the top strap and the sides of the slides beadblasted as well, and also the beadblasting around the nose there too. purely polishing just the sides.

actually you've got an all original gun right there, why not simply get another slide for it to work over like that? as I would imagine 4506 slides would probably work for it, if nothing else you could use it as a practice piece first.

Yeah, that's my assessment of the extent of the polishing.  But I'm not sure if the decocker was disassembled and it was polished on the sides underneath or not.  The screen-caps I've looked at appear that only the sides ahead of the ridged grab area are polished and the area under the decocker is left bead blasted.  

That's not a bad idea to keep the slide and barrel untouched for originality and get another 4506 slide and barrel.  They would be indiscernible.  I haven't fired any rounds through the barrel yet, so it is pristine and would be nice to keep it that way.  

Nah it doesnt look it from Victims of Circumstance, however the bullet chamber seems to be polished (sorry cant remember the technical term for it)

also I wouldnt save the gun for the next guy, enjoy it as life is too short to shoot ugly glock Clogs all your life for the fear of leaving a mark on it, although switching the slide or practicing on a spare slide and barrel first would be wiser.

and also the barrel on the 645 after some use has actually started to kinda look like that already, so its kinda a natural wear mark on the 645 really.

and also the gunshow was today, 1006 for 850 but the thing had beem modifed with new sights and who knows what spring, and 10mm is 28 to 35 dollars for a box of 50, however some crazy SOB had managed to get ahold of a Chinease copy of the Mauser C96 in .45, sadly they wanted the price of a used GM car for it.

when it should probably be 500 dollars for that stampled metal the chinease probably used for it, first time seeing a C96 period actually.

and also someone had a rolex date 34,, in gold with Diamonds on it too, Champaign dial and it had the diamonds all around the bezzle, not on the dial like it normally is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-SS-WG-Datejust-mens-36mm-ref-16234-original-Sodalite-Diamond-Dial-/261415415444?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3cdd92ae94

stock apparently, same price, 5 G, wonder if I should have told him he could get more money on it from Jewlers on time on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-14K-solid-gold-Date-ref-1503-34mm-case-Oyster-Band-/371017926614?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item56626447d6

and man I can say without a doubt to me, the champaign dial is kinda ugly, but atleast the rest of it could be a good replacement for the omega and would look badass with a black dial

also that watch is kinda roughly what it looked like the rolex in the pilot was, with a different watch band.

as the main spring is busted and the winder snapped in half, poor things had a longer checkered history that inspector morses jag!

although I have to admit I keep thinking about this instead of a Crockett like watch, that this with a light grey or light brown nato strap would be the ideal low key watch:

http://www.chrono24.com/en/rolex/mens-ss-explorer-ii---white-dial---16570-w-olive-nato-strap--id2549073.htm?query=rolex+explorer+2+nato&suchen=Search&dosearch=true&searchexplain=1&resultview=list&dosearch=true&urlSubpath=/search/index.htm

post-471-0-75435600-1396146193_thumb.jpg

post-471-0-78444700-1396146198_thumb.jpg

post-471-0-50587900-1396146204_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kavinsky

• 4 months later...

Finally got around to polishing the sides of the slide on my S&W 645-INT.  I took the slide off and taped over the areas I didn't want to polish, but the compound still worked under the tape and carefully wiping it away in those areas still shined the bead blasted areas a bit, so they are not completely matte in finish.  It was hard to avoid.  Taking a picture to show the polished slide is tough, it either comes out black or reflecting the flash back into the lens.  

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Both sides done, but I probably need to go over the right side again to get it to the same luster as the left side:

Eingefügtes Bild

Of course now it has to be carefully handled because every smudge and fingerprint shows now.  Now I just need an early S&W 6906 for my Galco AG264 to polish the same and a custom mag case to complete my 5th season armory.  

Eingefügtes Bild

Hmm it came out well but I must wonder if the Tamiya Masking tape might have worked better than the standard masking tape, as I've heard good things about it. But I'm not sure how well it would have worked with it

Yeah I got the same feeling about the 645 more or less, although I need to give it to the armory guy to fix a scratch in the beadblasting on the trigger guard, and the front sight.

and round off a rough edge on the trigger, something I had done on a 1950's K22, but its all about what people want out of something, as I've seen Ferrari Daytona Replicas in Blue Metalic with a tan interior and other wild colors

and the same applies to guns, and I must admit I was thinking of saving up and doing the opposite to a 4506, have the frame polished and brushed, while leaving the slide beadblasted to make it into a SW version of the bren ten

plus one of the prototypes of the .40 super cartridge that was just as powerful as a Bren Ten Norma load used a 4506 as the basis with a custom barrel and heavier recoil system, according to the bren ten book.

although I dont think I'd want to go that far with it, a glock maybe though,  just to see how much the brick that replaced my P38 in the austrian army can take pressure wise.

Edited by Kavinsky

Hmm it came out well but I must wonder if the Tamiya Masking tape might have worked better than the standard masking tape, as I've heard good things about it. But I'm not sure how well it would have worked with it

It was hard trying to keep the polishing compound off the bead blasted areas, it seem to work itself under the tape.  I haven't tried the Tamiya tape, it might have worked better.  Just trying to dab the polish off the bead blasted areas gave it a bit of a sheen that is noticeably different from the other bead blasted areas in the right light.  Most of the time it is not noticeable.  I could try to reverse it, and tape the polished slide sides, then beach blast the other areas to get back to a more satin finish.  But it's pretty close at this point to not make much of a difference.

Yeah if it doesnt bother you that much I would just leave it, although I gotta put the 645 in to smooth out that trigger and see what he can do with a slight scratch or two I put into it trying to work out that burr on the trigger and the paint I put over the front sight to cover the ding.

• 1 month later...

You know its funny, the gunshow was last weekend and I was looking just for the hell of it to see if any of the 4506's were around.

No luck on that front but looking at the bren ten in S2, I'm starting to see why they changed it around with the last season gun, as the slide is the thing you see all the time on the camera.

the frame however you do not. so having it matt alows it to show up better and the slide reflects the light around the actor and gives the scene abit more atmosphere.

so that may be why they switched it around, plus the bren was always a two tone gun from the getgo, the Smith's though werent.

actually on that matter If vltor ever does come out with the thing I'd be tempted to have the frame beadblasted with the hard chrome slide just to do something different with it.

but basically I think it was done to give the gun a softer contrast, vs the hard contrast of the Bren Ten

also on a different matter I had ment to post this on the gunthread but I figured it would be better suited for here and you, as you have the 4506 TR, and I have the 645.

So this while its redundant for me, it wouldnt be for you:

and I must admit I'm quite tempted to take it to the gunsmith and have the orange red bead replaced with a white one to mimic the Novak Sights in a way. As Crockett's gun had a black bead, something they literally only did for like the first couple of guns

and then in the real world that was changed to white, and then eventually standard red orange like they use on the revolver blades of the era.

Edited by Kavinsky