Miami Vice NBC Pomos

mvnyc

In honor of the new Televison Season starting and the Anniversary of the Miami Vice Premiere, I put this together as a reminder of what great TV used to look like (I apologize for the inconsistant audio levels).

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgWtRTx9ScM

Great compilation!I love that oldish video grain texture! Makes my dvd´s look like another tv show! lol

Thank you very much! This was when NBC pretty much had a lock on prime time...and all those promos with the film scratches were editied before the days of Final Cut Pro!

Holy crap, who was in charge of NBCs advertising at the end of Vice? That Finale spot is awful. The others were great, especially seasons 1 and 4 commercials, season two's were fine, three's not so good, but the finale, what the hell were they thinking. Why would anyone want to watch it after that preview?Thanks for posting that though. It was great to see how they promo'd the show. NBC looked a lot cooler back then too with those diagonal dots and lines, and neon around their NBC channel logo. Coolness is missing from television these days.

Holy crap' date=' who was in charge of NBCs advertising at the end of Vice? That Finale spot is awful. The others were great, especially seasons 1 and 4 commercials, season two's were fine, three's not so good, but the finale, what the hell were they thinking. Why would anyone want to watch it after that preview?[/quote'] Terrible choice of music for the finale spot, wth were they thinking?

You can also see that the NBC logo changed to it's current look when season three started. The season one and two peacock has 11 tail feathers, whereas the season three forward has the current 6 tail feathers. I had no idea the logo has been the same for that long. That's almost 25 years, I wonder if they're due for a change anytime soon. I actually think the older one looks better. With the cool looking edgy N behind it.So I went and looked it up... Here you are if you're interested. Seems the current one has lasted the longest.Eingefügtes Bild

NBC looked a lot cooler back then too with those diagonal dots and lines' date=' and neon around their NBC channel logo. Coolness is missing from television these days.[/quote']'Nuff said! :clap::clap:

Terrible choice of music for the finale spot' date=' wth were they thinking?[/quote'] I think that was their "grand send off" type of music, like “The Ride of the Valkyries†from the classic Maxell audio cassette commercial of the 70's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Thanks for putting this together - awesome job :thumbsup: Gee, even the promos for the show were pretty cool back then! :cool: It's great to see how the show was advertised over there in the US.Agree with others about the music choice for the finale though - it gave it sort of a satirical feel, like The Cows of October episode.I have been searching high and low through all my old videos to see if by chance I happened to record a Miami Vice promo anywhere, but can't find one. I would love to see how the show was advertised here in Australia.

• Administrators

That was great. I specifically remember the commercial where the cop stops the guy in the Vette and she says "we're just rushing home to watch Miami Vice" Cool commercial! I only saw it once but definitely remembered it!

That was great. I specifically remember the commercial where the cop stops the guy in the Vette and she says "we're just rushing home to watch Miami Vice" Cool commercial! I only saw it once but definitely remembered it!

I remember that commercial and loved it :happy:All of the commercials :cool:Thanks for this put together :thumbsup:

That was pretty cool! :thumbsup::clap: A couple of the promos were from one of my local channels (WBZ 4) which isn't an NBC affiliate anymore. They swapped with channel 7 which is owned by the same people that own channel 7 in Miami.

NBC big promo spotThere was a great one that's no longer on YouTube (thanks, NBC) with everyone from NBC singing "Let's all be there," the old NBC theme from the mid-'80s. Cosbys, Alf, the Vice squad, I mean EVERYONE. Anyone have a link?