Happy 26th anniversary!

cageyJG

Actually, we should say thank you to the makers of Miami Vice for creating such a fantastic series that still fascinates us after all those years!:clap::fireworks:

Happy anniversary to Miami Vice!Miami Vice is one of the few shows of the 1980's that has held up over time, the show broke a lot of ground in television history with what a show could do with action, music and overall mature storytelling, cop shows before Vice felt more like a community service message rather than a TV Drama while Vice felt like a realistic depiction of day to day life of Vice Cops during a case.The cops weren't the gentle politically-correct type depicted in some previous cop shows but cops who saw things in pure black and white as Jack Webb did back in the days of Dragnet, and unlike other cop shows before then we have never seen the character's morality tested case after case where they have to wonder if they are over the line of right and wrong or not, Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas were the best choices for the roles and one wonders how much improvisation had they brought to the table for the show.Happy birthday, Miami Vice, I salute you for still blowing all the other cop shows old and new off the road to this day, I also salute the show for breaking the mold and paving the way for more quality programming like Homicide: Life on the Street to be made, without Vice we would have been stuck with Barney Miller clones for the rest of television history.:fireworks::torte::prost:

I love what you guys put down. I don't have much to add, but as we all know, Vice is timeless.There are some 70s/80s shows that just deserve a sound thrashing. Can you imagine being on a desert island with nothing to watch but Newhart? Oh, help me. Sorry if you like that show.By the way, the chat was really good yesterday and something we just don't do very often, so definitely commit to stop by next time, especially I would hope you more senior bubbas here do. It was really a cool thing getting reacquainted with some of our newer and older members. A few new nice "inside" jokes and silliness came up - you just need to be a part of that! Camaraderie! And you do NOT need video/audio to join in, just a keyboard. And tell your friends about us, loan them the DVDs, get them to join - spread the Vice because it's oh-so nice!

I want to wish a happy 26th anniersay to all the miami vice fans I hope i can come down soon . time flies when your having fun. if eveything go right might be come down their I still watch the show in the 5:00am ct.

• 2 weeks later...