Scarface

Scot from S.C.

Okay, there isn't a thread about "Scarface" on here yet, so I figured I would start one. Yes, "Scarface" is one of my favorite movies, and it was long before all of the rappers and other people "discovered" it. I even have the game for my PS2. I am sure many of you love this movie too. Let's talk about the movie folks, and share trivia, pictures, etc. from it.

• 1 month later...

I've almost started discrediting this movie thanks to all the rappers and kids loving this film uncontrolably, like it's everyones life-story.But it's a good movie though, actually I'd call it great even though it's not a personal favorite.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a fantastic film. Great characters and a great storyline. There are no hereos, but the one we focus on, Tony, isn't all that bad. He has a limit. Like New York. He wont blow the car because of the children. The score is fantastic and one of the best movie scores ever imo. Ain't it funny those productions set in Miami have good scores?The bathroom massacre is just gory. It's well good. Good direction and good acting.The last scene is just superb and so famous. When first watching it, you get the shock of seeing him getting killed. But what an exciting scene it is. This is one of my favourite films. Ive not seen all the gangster films, like godfather, seen bits, but it looks too long and no action. I got scarface too on XBOX christmas 2006. I'd rented it out the time season 3 was on television that year. Great film 10/10. Just some of the continuity and crew visible is a pain when you know it's there.

Guest neworder

Ahh scarface...its a very good film.Something to note, the film was only made a year earlier than miami vice but the sound quality is much poorer than vice the tv show and also the picture quality is much more grainy, a lot like normal tv shows of the 80's eg Knight Rider. Vice has aged well, the number of mates who strole in when im watching it and see the picture quality and say 'i thought vice was made in the 80's?' lolBut yeah scarface, great music and style, al pacino was good, swearing is a little OTT and i think thats why so many yobs of today love it so much, childish freaks think 'hahaha he said fuck 30 times lets do it at school tommorow'. Legendary film nontheless but i do agree with IceColdCastillo's observations!SJB

...swearing is a little OTT and i think thats why so many yobs of today love it so much' date=' childish freaks think 'hahaha he said fuck 30 times lets do it at school tommorow'. SJB[/quote']:) LOL That's about right. Then again, the wannabe 'gangsters' or should i say 'gangstas' as they say and spell today, invent language that wasn't ever in a gang film. E.g blud, brap, shank, wtf? Tony is a true gangster

Scarface is my all time favourite movie. Amazing film. It blew me away when I first saw it years ago and it's been my favourite film ever since.Miami in the '80s was the coolest ever era for crime IMO and there are four titles for it: Scarface, Miami Vice, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Cocaine Cowboys. It was funny in Cocaine Cowboys when Rivi was talking about when he and nine other killers went to see Scarface in the cinema.Tony Monatana is like a god in Miami. There are posters and merchanise of him everywhere you look. When I was in Miami I went to see all the Scarface locations, apart from Frank Lopez's house in Key Biscayne because the inside and back of the house (where the movie was) are inaccessible and the front of the house wasn't shown in the movie (It was shown on Vice though). I haven't been down to Key Biscayne yet, just as far as Virginia Key. I'll probably go there next time I'm in Miami which I want to be very soon.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• 2 months later...

Great so far.....Thanks for the contributions thus far. Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share concerning the movie? Maybe you lived in Miami when it was released, or perhaps you have a story from your town/city at the time the movie was released. I posted this same type of topic over at Miami 411 and got some interesting responses. If anyone is interested, I could post a link to some of them.

• 3 months later...

ScarfaceThanks for the link; I still want a night skyline picture with the light up effects wired in to it. A lot of people think those might look cheesy, but I think they are pretty cool.Anybody on here still playing Scarface on the PS2? I still play the game even though I have beat the final mission; there are tons of other things to complete. Besides, sometimes I like to escape and drive around and just be Tony for a bit. I do the same thing with Vice City.

Deborah Harry's Rush Rush track was awesome. Got it on mp3 if anyone's interested

I've got the 12" extended version. I think it has an instrumental version too...can't remember.There is a bootleg GIORGIO MORODER complete instrumental score only cd of SCARFACE out there.MIAMI VICE absolutely was influenced by it visually, and musically. Vice did it better due to being able to expand on the idea week after week, but SCARFACE was were vice had it's roots.

• 1 month later...

I just noticed something, the building where Tony picks up Elvira with the Caddilac, that is the same place where they filmed the scene where the hitman shot the guys in the limo in Hit List. (Calderone's Return) Anybody else noticed this?

• Administrators

I was in a local gas station and I saw they had a Tony Montana doll.He was dressed in a white suit with his cigar and .45.I thought "how cool is this" after all these years, they are still merchandising his stuff.

In 2003, Tony Montana became a renewed phenomenon: I have seen Anniversary DVDs, big $100.00 box set with the original 1932 movie, Scarface T-Shirts, Scarface action figures at Hot Topic and Spencers at the mall, Scarface posters, Scarface postcards, Scarface lamps. Scarface cigarette lighters, Scarface keychains, Scarface bedsheets and blankets, Scarface shower curtains, Scarface coffee mugs, new books and games that expand on the story, Scarface hats, even Scarface slippers!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Put on a School Production of ScarfaceSome sick bas____ thought he would help by putting together this list of stuff needed to put on a high school production of Scarface, as if any community would allow their school to do this.http://www.amazon.com/Put-on-a-school-production-of-quot-Scarface-quot/lm/R2F553VLZAN5CS/ref=cm_lm_byauthor_title_fullEingefügtes Bild