Miami Stadium

miamijimf

Anyone know what episode contains a view of the Miami Stadium? It was at 2500 NW 10th Ave Miami. Also known as the Bobby Maduro Stadium, it hosted minor league baseball teams and other events for years and was torn down in 2001.links http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Stadium and http://www.digitalballparks.com/International/Miami1.htmlThanks,

it was never used as MV location and (as my photographic memory tells me) it was also not seen as background of a driving scene. Why do you think that it was contained in an ep? Any specific clue or just a "lucky shot" question?

it was never used as MV location and (as my photographic memory tells me) it was also not seen as background of a driving scene. Why do you think that it was contained in an ep? Any specific clue or just a "lucky shot" question?

I too can't picture in an ep - but maybe it was in a background driving shot in Season 1 /2 or they shot in that general area ? :D

One of our longtime and most knowledgable members said he thought it was in an episode but could not remember which one. I couldn't find it so I thought someone else might know.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure but I seem to remember it or the construction underway in the immediate background of a driving scene. I may be wrong but I will do some research and see what I can turn up.

I am not sure but I seem to remember it or the construction underway in the immediate background of a driving scene. I may be wrong but I will do some research and see what I can turn up.

Could you be thinking of this scene of a stadium in FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS?Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

Those 2 episodes come to mind. I checked the filming locations in our glossary and neither episode mentions where the stadium shots were filmed.

There is ( I believe) another scene somewhere where they drive by the stadium. It may take a while but I will find it if I have to watch every episode, twice.:)

the scenes in Hard KNocks were shot at the Orange Bowl Stadium.the Forgive us our Debts scenes really look like Stuart (there is a house in the background wih a huge "Stuart" sign on it, I don´t think they prepared that for a scene of a few seconds), at least it does not look like the baseball stadium mentioned in the thread.

I think it's the stadium in Forgive Us Our Debts. The big sign "Stuart Tigers" looks like a phony plus the stadium shots match some of the Miami Stadium pics in the link in my first post. Still researching but I think C&B hit it.

I believe that the Forgive Us Our Debts scene was filmed at the old Miami Stadium and that DanJ was right when he was sure that the Stadium was captured by Vice. In the episode you see a sign for Allied Printing Service Inc. When you Google it the little map shows the business right next to the old stadium grounds. The Stuart Tigers sign is on the side of a truck so it could have been a visiting team. Also I can't find any reference to a baseball stadium in Stuart Fla (aprox 97 miles N of Miami) except at its high schools. During Vice filming the Miami Stadium had seen better days and looks like it was under construction or partly disassembled but several screen caps still match. In this screen cap notice the unique open window, the back stone fence, and the curtain wall of stepped down blocks.Eingefügtes Bild You can see those features in this earlier photo of the Stadium. Eingefügtes BildThru the iron girders in this screen capture you can see a tower (Not the stadium lights but they match also) Eingefügtes BildI believe this is the tower you see in this Miami Stadium photo.Eingefügtes BildI think the scene was shot in the open area you see in the left corner of the stadium grounds. Eingefügtes Bild Thanks guys.

• Like 1

I was suspicious at first' date=' but the iron towers are proof that you are right. I think you solved the case. Nice work![/quote'] Thanks, C&B found the right episode. I'm not a baseball fan but I'm still nostalgic about the old stadium. When a little kid I remember a cowboy show of some kind there and meeting both Hopalong Cassidy and the Cisco Kid and Poncho.

...DanJ was right when he was sure that the Stadium was captured by Vice...I think the scene was shot in the open area you see in the left corner of the stadium grounds. Eingefügtes Bild

Jim, you are absolutely correct. Some of you doubted me, eh? That'll learn ya! Hah! :DBURN NOTICE/MIAMI VICE CONNECTION DEPARTMENT: In the upper right quadrant of the picture above, you'll see a long warehouse building next to the railroad tracks. This is the building that Sam Axe is "...throwing crap at..." in an early episode of Burn Notice.Also, for orientation purposes, the aerial shot above is looking south by southwest.

• Administrators
Some of you doubted me' date=' eh? That'll learn ya! Hah! :D[/quote']Dan, Dan the location man! I never doubted you for a minute pal! ;)

Here is a Google Street View shot of the building that you see in the background as the police car pulls into the parking lot around 33:41. The big "Red's Auto Service" sign on the building in the scene is gone now. Also, the long window you see in the scene is now partially tiled up.

airtommy- can't see the shot, please send again.