Don Johnson/Cheech Marin/Jim Nolan interview

cheetah

Yeah, Cheetah......instead of saying how great it felt to work with PMT again & how they injected a bit of the Miami Vice Theme into the first meeting with PMT , DJ made it seem like they should have killed their old buddies off and got on with Nash & Joe. He also said with a smirk "That was a trip wasn't it?" about the reunion episode. DJ should have more respect for the Miami Vice years!P.S. - Anyone else agree that DJ was dissing the MV reunion episode?

Ok, got it. :) Well, I rather tend to see it just as a joke with a bit (or may be a lot) of "black humor" in it... (Or should we think that Cheech Marin was dissing "Cheech and Chong" show too, then?) And by a "trip" he could mean just something like "it was a long time ago"... I suppose if DJ felt so bad about MV at the time, he wouldn't want to do a reunion episode at all, not to mention injecting Miami Vice theme and stuff. (And most probably he was the one to have a last word in such a decision, or so I've heard).But maybe Tony D. is right, who knows... I don't read DJ's mind. :D

DJ through the years has tried to escape his Miami Vice fame. That's why, I see his remarks about MV as a 'dis'. I think Cheech did the same.

I hope I write everything with enough diplomatic but it is just my opion.I think if DJ got asked a serious question about MV he would answer it serious. Like he does in severall other interviews over the yearsThis interview wasn't serious from the start and Cheech and DJ just went along with the flow.And I think DJ wanted to move on in the years of Nash. He didn't wanted the focus much on MV in publicity because NB had to become or stay a succes. I think if he didn't like his vice time he wouldn't invite PMT to play in NB and put a MV based music theme under their first meeting. He was one of the producers of the show so he could have said no.Maybe he just isn't so diplomatic in saying things about vice in those kind of interviews but I saw and read severalls where he was talking with pride and joy about MV.

:

I think if DJ got asked a serious question about MV he would answer it serious. Like he does in severall other interviews over the yearsThis interview wasn't serious from the start and Cheech and DJ just went along with the flow.

I agree with you, 2morgen. I've noticed that DJ has this quality of "adjusting" his behaviour to different situations (at least judging from his interviews), so his answers depend very much on the tone set by the interviewer. Some of his jokes may be better than others... but it depends on an individual sense of humor, and who's perfect anyway? :)

I didn't see it as a negative comment either. I found it funny...and I think that was the only meaning of it.I do can imagine that an actor wants to be appreciated by what he does now and not only for what he did in the past. And that it can be annoying if you’re doing an interview about something in the present they always start talking about the past. Even if the past was great…