Episode #36 "One Way Ticket"

Ferrariman

3 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

My god John Heard is brilliant, he didn't just act he embodied a man of guilt. 

This episode is an example why MV is great.

I give it 11.

I love this episode! John Heard was an amazing actor & I’ve seen him play good guys & bad guys, serious parts & comedy. He truly “became” that character in whatever part he was playing. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

I love this episode! John Heard was an amazing actor & I’ve seen him play good guys & bad guys, serious parts & comedy. He truly “became” that character in whatever part he was playing. :thumbsup: 

It is quintessential Vice

The bad guy Sagot is excellent as well, I love the French angle.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

It is quintessential Vice

The bad guy Sagot is excellent as well, I love the French angle.

Agreed...everything was quintessential MV, from the bad guys/assassins, the music (Jan Hammer even making a cameo), plot, action, colors & fashion, Miami & Florida locations, etc...!! I also liked the French angle and how it tied into Larry and the OCB. :clap:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

What car is Sagot driving?

Untitled.png

According to IMCDb, it was a Shelby Cobra 427 Replica (as it had an automatic shifter, and authentic Shelby Cobras were manual or standard). 

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Last year, I referred to this as one of the "lesser" episodes and, for all the good things in it, it remains so for me.  I like John (Cutter's WayAfter Hours) Heard and the "Face the Face" flying/pistol range montage is terrific, but otherwise a bit pedestrian with uninteresting bad guys.  Pretty cool though re the mystery of the anonymous phone tips. 

• 1 year later...

Another one of my burning questions :) 

When Zito accosts Sagot as the latter tries to escape the club, Zito says “qu’est-ce que c’est, buddy?”

Do you think this could have been a reference to the Talking Heads “Psycho Killer” lyric from the chorus, given the suspect and his crime? Or was Zito just literally saying “what’s this” in French?

• Like 3

Interesting idea.

I think it was just Zito asking in French and not a "Psycho killer" reference though.

But what the fa-fa-faah-fa do I know?:rauchen:

Edited by fakespyder

• 6 months later...
13 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I have lost count how many times I have watched this episode but this is the first time I noticed Marcel at the horse stables.

Untitled.thumb.png.a855d64684cfba01c140424eb8e3ddff.png

Wow! I’ve never caught that either! Amazing! :) 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is one of my favorite episodes. John Heard is such an amazing actor and guest star acting overall was good too. 

The ending was genius. "Okay you want to be dead... bang you're dead". That was fair enough.

Music was brilliant as well. Pete Townshend's Face to Face is great (I love the Iron Man album) and one of my favorite Hammer tunes "Rum Cay".

One of the best of S2.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, apocalypse said:

This is one of my favorite episodes. John Heard is such an amazing actor and guest star acting overall was good too. 

The ending was genius. "Okay you want to be dead... bang you're dead". That was fair enough.

Music was brilliant as well. Pete Townshend's Face to Face is great (I love the Iron Man album) and one of my favorite Hammer tunes "Rum Cay".

One of the best of S2.

Amen! :thumbsup: This is one prime example of why, in my opinion, Season 2 has no bad episodes! ;)

• Like 2