Tubb's piece added to the collection

kokopelli

actually 18" for a shotgun, 16" for a rifle. Seems backwards to me, but that fits the Feds, don't it! The pistol grip shotgun' is an AOW -Any Other Weapon, because it lacks a shoulder stock, thus a mere $5.00 tax stamp. SBB- Short Barreled Shotgun is a $200.00 tax stamp, as are Short Barreled Rifles and Suppressors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

About pachmayr grip on snubHi, I enjoined reading this post. As wrote before in this beautiful forum, I'm an Italian gun collector, trying to collect firearms appeared in MV. I have one bodyguard, same as pmt used in the series. On imfdb they wrote that this snub was equipped with pachmayr grip, but in my opinion he used mostly the wood grip.On the climax of the maze you can clearly see the wood grip on the right side of pmt waist. Smugglers blues, last scene when pmt takes out the gun you can see the wood grips.Now I've to decide if buy the pachmayr grip as imfdb said or keep the revolver original as seen on the maze.What you should do in my place?

in the early episodes he was kind of hopping around with the 49 on what he should use, towards S2 they finally decided on full on these pachmayr grips from the look of itEingefügtes Bildand you can see the gun with them on it in payback once they both disarm before getting on Frank Zappa's boat. but at the start it did look like he also had a model 36, maybe based on the scene at the start they used the grips from that, then put the originals back on laterEingefügtes Bildcould be that based on the scene they switched the grips so he could pull it from an ankle holster in the maze.

actually this wouldn't happen to be a video of you with your 645 would it? I seem to remember you saying something about it being in a different version of .45 because of the ban on the use of military calibers and that adjustable rear sight

That's similar to mine, here in Italy in eighties .45 was banned and all this type of guns are for the .45hp.The case of the hp is a little smaller than acp, a gunsmith can adjust the gun to load acp but here in Italy we have very strictly laws.I had the Novak sight, but I changed to a fixed as don Johnson used to have.This 645 have the problem to loose the right lever while shooting, the lever gets unscrew.I bought from the original italian importer two levers and many other components, if I wanted the acp barrel I shall pay 150€( now the acp is allowed).About e pachmayr grip I found that in Italy but this item are so expensive, it's a luck that I don't live in USA, because I will spend all the money in guns, shotguns reloading equipment!Thanks for the reply, when I have time I take some pictures about the bodyguard and my new Remington 870 shotgun.I wish to write more often on this forum but my English is not so good and I don't want to bother all of you with my writings.( I read all the post about gun and I love that)

That's similar to mine' date=' here in Italy in eighties .45 was banned and all this type of guns are for the .45hp.The case of the hp is a little smaller than acp, a gunsmith can adjust the gun to load acp but here in Italy we have very strictly laws.I had the Novak sight, but I changed to a fixed as don Johnson used to have.This 645 have the problem to loose the right lever while shooting, the lever gets unscrew.I bought from the original italian importer two levers and many other components, if I wanted the acp barrel I shall pay 150€( now the acp is allowed).About e pachmayr grip I found that in Italy but this item are so expensive, it's a luck that I don't live in USA, because I will spend all the money in guns, shotguns reloading equipment!Thanks for the reply, when I have time I take some pictures about the bodyguard and my new Remington 870 shotgun.I wish to write more often on this forum but my English is not so good and I don't want to bother all of you with my writings.( I read all the post about gun and I love that)[/quote']Actually I think we dropped .45 acp for military use in 1986, so yours might have been one of the really early ones like don's in that respect, which probably just like his 4506 was actually probably one of the really early ones, maybe even a prototype like the S5 gun, which was a 645/4506 TR model.one of 200 made with slightly different features and frame size, different front size checkering and slightly different frame dimensions although it must be said that atleast with the normal military we dropped .45 for 9mm nato, the marines however, our elite asskickers still use them and recently adopted a new .45 acp Colt 1911 MEU pistol in this really ugly brown if I remember correctly.guess its a good thing they dont know that over there huh?anyways you can see that the 49 which I think was indeed confirmed to be a model 49, not the alloy version (the alloy versions dont have a long lifespan anyways, about 30K rounds and there done for, the model 38 bodyguard, the price of it being that lightweight for daily carry, although alloy semi autos with regular spring changes at about 5 to 10 K rounds can last up to an incredible round count, thing is with a revolver is the alloy that takes the beating, not the spring hence why even today that is still a very big factor between the choice of a steel or alloy framed revolver)but anyways it has the old pilot grips back on it here in paybackhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7397&stc=1&d=1357180154so it went from wood to that, probably for the above reason and I think they noted PMT had trouble handling it with the stock size grips which dont allow for alot of grip and control over the gun.as its not that known but to master a J frame you need to grip the gun with all three of the lower fingers namely the pinky in addition to the middle and ring finger given how short the frame is.but anyways wouldn't it be possible to contact packymyer and see if they can be shipped internationally?although doing a quick search it looks like the ones he had on the 49 are out of production now, this is what he had and there seems to be two different kind of compact gripspost 10 is what he usedhttp://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1961-1980/111141-smith-m36-vs-rossi-m68-d-trigger.htmlthe other one being the one that is still in productionhttp://www.pachmayr.com/home/compac-grips.phplittle hard to see but it no longer has the pinky relief and seems to be of a slightly different shape.

post-592-13892965187939_thumb.jpg

Hi, thanks for the reply. I also noticed that the shape in new pachmayr is changed from 80's. In the newer ones there is the pachmayr emblem on both sides.I look on gunbroker and I found what i'm looking for.http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=324302368Unfortunately the buyer will not send the item outside USI tried to sign up on gunbroker but it seems that they don't allow foreigner to login.It's a big pity because they are very cheap, and even if I'll pay 20$ for shipping, I'll pay less then here for the similar ( but not exactly same) grips.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=324302368Unfortunately the buyer will not send the item outside USI tried to sign up on gunbroker but it seems that they don't allow foreigner to login.It's a big pity because they are very cheap, and even if I'll pay 20$ for shipping, I'll pay less then here for the similar ( but not exactly same) grips.

as bizarre as this sounds try ebay, even though there anti gun on a few things you might be able to find someone on the DL who could ship internationally. hell I got the long since out of production presentation grips for the dan wesson V15 there as wellalso I have a development for the 645 on vice, crockett's had the front sight painted black, either that or the sight insert switched over to blackFrom "Stones War" EP 2 of S3http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7398&stc=1&d=1357263807El Viejo, which was supposed to be S3's first episode, look close at the front sightEingefügtes BildChild's Play, S4Eingefügtes BildThe Easton Episode after he's been attacked and checking to see if he should call for an ambulanceEingefügtes Bildvs the stock red it comes withEingefügtes Bildand that is Crockett's 645, somehow the IMDB managed to get access of it and took a shot of it for the site, guess the paint wore off, or someone switched the blade back to red.and that gun which is probably still in use as a blank firing gun showed up on burn notice here tooEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildnotice how red the front sight is and how much it shows up.Figures the ONE, THE ONE episode I skip of burn notice, Split Decision, and Crockett's piece shows up on it!and I think it really is Crockett's old gun given both shows were in Miami and the 645 is too rare for them to convert over to blank firing guns nowadaysit was only literally made for 3 years before they modernized it into the 4506, which ran from 1988 - 2000 for civilians, and untill 2007 for LEO's given smiths firearms contracts with police here, hence why if its a smith 45 its usually a 4506, not a 645.Eingefügtes Bildwhich had an all matt finish, 3 dot insert sights instead of the old fixed sight with a red insert and football post like line around the rear sight like the 645 has, like this walther P99 has in the backEingefügtes Bildwhile the 4506 has a two dot rear sight mixed in with a dot front sight.meaning its gotta be his gun there in the villains hand.I only noticed this yesterday when the end scene of Stones war poped up in my suggestions on youtube and I noticed hey the front sight is black on that thing.funny I was thinking if I go for that one that showed up locally I could just paint the thing black instead of paying serious money to switch it over to the novak front sight setup of the 4506, looks like Crockett opted for the same thing!probably because of the Michale Mann Rule that there are no earth tones allowed on vice, and red is one of them, probably because of all of the greenery in miami really.

post-592-13892965188278_thumb.jpg