D.J. Biography

widereceiver 88

Does anyone know if D.J. ever published a biography, or does he have any intentions to do so?Most of the famous actors/singers have brought out their lifestory in book form.Anyone any idea?Later

Does anyone know if D.J. ever published a biography' date=' or does he have any intentions to do so?Most of the famous actors/singers have brought out their lifestory in book form.Anyone any idea?Later[/quote']I think there is an unauthorized autobiography on paperback that came out during the vice era. I don't know of any more current biographys about, or by him.

You can't imagine how curious I would be about DJ's book if it was published... :D But I suppose it will be never written. :cry: I've read an interview in which DJ was asked about the possibility of writing his autobiography (can't remember now what interview exactly). The answer was that he maybe would like to and had much to tell... but he also wasn't "in favor of betraying friendships"... something like that, can't remember the exact phrase... meaning that he didn't want to pour out intimate details about people (many of them famous) he had met and been close to. As for the "unathorized" biographies - there are some:http://donjohnson.cjb.net/ (Search in "Don in the Press" section).The only one I've read is "Confessions of a Groupie" by Pamela DesBarres (it contains a chapter about her relationship with young DJ).

I think there is an unauthorized autobiography on paperback that came out during the vice era. I don't know of any more current biographys about' date=' or by him.[/quote']Eingefügtes Bild

I have this :done:

Of course you do, your an AWESOME FAN!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:It is unauthorized though, so I wonder if it's all accurate?

• Administrators

I once listed all the ---> books about Miami Vice <--- (and DJ) in the glossary. Though it's just the German version, it might help you to identify the book you're still missing :)This one seems to be very rare ---> "Back From The Edge" <---It appears not often in international book lists and usually you have to pay more than 40$ for a copy ---> Take a look! <--- At amazon you have to pay up to 100€ to get an used copy. :hot:Actually it's not a biography written by DJ. It's the story about his private and professional background. AND - this is different to other books - the focus is NOT on his love affairs. In fact the book lightens up his psychological background: His childhood and adolescence in Kansas and Wichita, his move to Hollywood and the conquest of Miami. School day friends, relatives and class mates are interviewed. On this basis many of DJ's later so called "star attitudes" appear in a new light.The book is not cheap, but for DJ fans it's worth its price. :glossy:

[URL="http://www.miamivice.info/vbglossar.php?do=showcat&catid=9"">

books about Miami Vice <--- (and DJ) in the glossary. Though it's just the German version' date=' it might help you to identify the book you're still missing :)This one seems to be very rare ---> "Back From The Edge" <---It appears not often in international book lists and usually you have to pay more than 40$ for a copy ---> Take a look! <--- At amazon you have to pay up to 100€ to get an used copy. :hot:Actually it's not a biography written by DJ. It's the story about his private and professional background. AND - this is different to other books - the focus is NOT on his love affairs. In fact the book lightens up his psychological background: His childhood and adolescence in Kansas and Wichita, his move to Hollywood and the conquest of Miami. School day friends, relatives and class mates are interviewed. On this basis many of DJ's later so called "star attitudes" appear in a new light.The book is not cheap, but for DJ fans it's worth its price. :glossy:

Thanks Ell.a! :thumbsup: