DJ's NOT 6' TALL, HE'S SHORTER

COOPER&BURNETT

Don Johnson is not 6'tall...or even 5' 11". He is most likely 5' 8" (My height) or 5' 9".This explains why I can fit into his jackets so well.Here's some more proof in the way of a discussion board saying he had special lifts in his shoes. Guess who's the first comment?... ....RB (Rick Bravo) himself!CLICK HERE!http://www.celebheights.com/s/Don-Johnson-1061.html

When watching Moondance or seeing him on Leno, you can easily see that he appears to be 5'8" even with shoes on. They always shot Olmos looking up' probably about same height.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"">

When watching Moondance or seeing him on Leno' date=' you can easily see that he appears to be 5'8" even with shoes on. They always shot Olmos looking up' probably about same height.[/color']

I think your correct.I posted a comment on that website that will be updated in 12 hours, so you should read mine then.I pointed out the fact that I have his blazers, and I don't think they would fit me if he were 6' tall. (I also gave our web address in case someone wants to visit here. ;))

Well...who cares?

Well....I guess it's important to those who started a website based on how tall celebrities are. :):)And, I guess being it's MIAMI VICE related, and people like to know insider stuff like it's possible that he wore lifts in his shoes.Also, I was always curious as to why someone who was listed at 6' tall wore jackets that would fit me at 5'8''. :)

I believe he is about 5' 8" - 5'-9" tall.What do you think' date=' and what are your thoughts? [/quote']5' 8" or 5' 9" are acceptable for a man, I don't see any need to add lifts in shoes, anyway, DJ sure looked taller because he was fit, usually a slender person looks taller.I also think that a lot depends if one is brevilineal, normal or longilineal, which is an anthropological classification that goes beyond height.For example, I'm 5' 8" and longilineal and if I'm next to a person 5' 8" normal, I look taller than him/her but this is just an optical illusion given by the lenght of legs.(Since our eyes "read" a person in a vertical way, head to toe and viceversa, they are brought to think that a person is taller than the actual height).On MV we had proofs that DJ is longilineal and that's why he could have looked 6'. I'm not an expert, but I think that the filming techniques, angles, lights etc. can make a person look taller (or, in the case of U2s Bono... look less short! :))A little OT: did you know that brevilineal and longilineal are in fact considered height abnormalities? :eek:

5' 8" or 5' 9" are acceptable for a man' date=' I don't see any need to add lifts in shoes, anyway, DJ sure looked taller because he was fit, usually a slender person looks taller.I also think that a lot depends if one is brevilineal, normal or longilineal, which is an anthropological classification that goes beyond height.For example, I'm 5' 8" and longilineal and if I'm next to a person 5' 8" normal, I look taller than him/her but this is just an optical illusion given by the lenght of legs.(Since our eyes "read" a person in a vertical way, head to toe and viceversa, they are brought to think that a person is taller than the actual height).On MV we had proofs that DJ is longilineal and that's why he could have looked 6'. I'm not an expert, but I think that the filming techniques, angles, lights etc. can make a person look taller (or, in the case of U2s Bono... look less short! :))A little OT: did you know that brevilineal and longilineal are in fact considered height abnormalities? :eek:[/quote']I think I know what you mean. I'm 5'8' with shoes on a good day. This picture was taken in 1984 before I gained considerable more weight. At 5'8', I wore a 30' inseam, my wife's cousin wore the same at 6"! This picture looks compressed and makes me look shorter because the zoom lense was facing downward, photographer was over 6 feet tall. Generally I looked taller than I was because of longer legs and shorter waist...I believe this is the case with DJ....Gee...we don't have any hot topics lately...:D

post-620-13892963172037_thumb.jpg

Ahem... the photographer made a disaster :o you look short Maynard!!! :)You're also wearing a white jacket (optically, white lenghtens and enlarges) so your legs seems dramatically short!Back to DJ, it could be that his arms were out of proportion for his height (shorter) and if you add the differences in body shape this could explain why Coop can fit in the blazers.

Ahem... the photographer made a disaster :o you look short Maynard!!! :)You're also wearing a white jacket (optically' date=' white lenghtens and enlarges) so your legs seems dramatically short!Back to DJ, it could be that his arms were out of proportion for his height (shorter) and if you add the differences in body shape this could explain why Coop can fit in the blazers.[/quote']I don't think so, the length of the sleeves are almost always perfect for me (I like the sleeves to be a tad bit past my wrists, but higher than the palm of my hand when my arms are at my sides. I hate short sleeves on a blazer, especially when driving a car. When I have a suit talored to me, that's a bit different, I have those sleeves made correctly so they fit me perfectly. The blazers are made without pants made for them, and are worn a bit differently than a suit jacket.

[COLOR="Purple"">

I think I know what you mean. I'm 5'8' with shoes on a good day. This picture was taken in 1984 before I gained considerable more weight. At 5'8'' date=' I wore a 30' inseam, my wife's cousin wore the same at 6"! This picture looks compressed and makes me look shorter because the zoom lense was facing downward, photographer was over 6 feet tall. Generally I looked taller than I was because of longer legs and shorter waist...I believe this is the case with DJ....Gee...we don't have any hot topics lately...:D[/color']

I like the photo.It shows a very well dressed, good looking couple. :cheers:

Interesting how optics work. This picture, different angle, about four years later...I hear stonewashed is back:)..When watching certain movies from the past, it seems certain lenses made one to appear taller and slimmer also.

post-620-13892963172162_thumb.jpg

Interesting how optics work. This picture" data-date=" different angle, about four years later...[I">

I hear stonewashed is back:)..When watching certain movies from the past, it seems certain lenses made one to appear taller and slimmer also.

You do look tall and slim in that photo! :thumbsup:

[COLOR="Purple"">

I think I know what you mean. I'm 5'8' with shoes on a good day. This picture was taken in 1984 before I gained considerable more weight. At 5'8'' date=' I wore a 30' inseam, my wife's cousin wore the same at 6"! This picture looks compressed and makes me look shorter because the zoom lense was facing downward, photographer was over 6 feet tall. Generally I looked taller than I was because of longer legs and shorter waist...I believe this is the case with DJ....Gee...we don't have any hot topics lately...:D[/color']

Maynard, were you a big fan of Vice then? Hard to believe the show was brand new then.

Made a small research about a possibility of @lifts@ inside the shoes :D Just for fun Eingefügtes Bild

Interesting. Nice job!

Maynard' date=' were you a big fan of Vice then? Hard to believe the show was brand new then.[/quote'] Yes I was! Started watching about a month after it came on in 1984. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale at the time which made it even more real!:thumbsup:

Interesting how optics work. This picture" data-date=" different angle, about four years later...[I">

I hear stonewashed is back:)..When watching certain movies from the past, it seems certain lenses made one to appear taller and slimmer also.

Optics, colours, angles, lights and many more elements are able to make a person look very different. I'd like to be portrayed in b/w, they say it reveals some interesting features in a person's face.Oh, please tell me that stonewashed isn't back! :) You look somehow elegant, it's not easy to achieve with stonewashed jeans.

Well this is indeed an interesting topic as I always thought he was around my height at just under 6 feet. I had no idea he was wearing risers --but now I can't recall either why I thought he was about my height. May also explain why I have seen him slumping down almost below window level in some shots of him in the Daytona, yet there is no leg room for me to do the same in my Daytona.:confused::confused:

Well this is indeed an interesting topic as I always thought he was around my height at just under 6 feet. I had no idea he was wearing risers --but now I can't recall either why I thought he was about my height. May also explain why I have seen him slumping down almost below window level in some shots of him in the Daytona' date=' yet there is no leg room for me to do the same in my Daytona.:confused::confused:[/quote']Looks like the truth has been revealed.

Looks like the truth has been revealed.

Well COOP this news has certainly discouraged me as I have long wanted to obtain one of Crockett's show blazers and now it appears it would not fit me in any case. :p

Well COOP this news has certainly discouraged me as I have long wanted to obtain one of Crockett's show blazers and now it appears it would not fit me in any case. :p

Well, that's not a certainty. I've noticed that epecially in season 2, he did wear some blazers that were too big for him, where he rolled up the sleeves that were too long, so you are not totally out of luck.

Well' date=' that's not a certainty. I've noticed that epecially in season 2, he did wear some blazers that were too big for him, where he rolled up the sleeves that were too long, so you are not totally out of luck.[/quote'] Thanks COOP. Forgot about that. :cool: