Hello

jongarci

I have already been posting a little bit. I didn't realize there was a section for trainees :-)A little about me. I am from France living in the US for 10y now. I visited the US the first time in 1987 with my parents and fell in love with the country.I was a closet MV fans. I watched it as a kid, loved the music but it was only recently that I realized how much it had influenced my tastes: I was wearing a white blazer over a T-shirt at work when it hit me. I love electronic music as well.I love MV for many reasons. The show is great (I am S1/S2 fan), it allows me to escape everyday life, I like the 80s. I love Jan Hammer music. Despite being old, there a still scene that are amazing (like the scarab scene with the song "voices").I also like the perspective it gives on life. DJ, PMT and the rest of the cast were rockstars in the 80s and many of them fell into relative obscurity. It is a good reminder against self-indulgence and to always keep getting better.I am a little obsessive when it comes to liking something, so I tend to spend a lot time on the net looking for info, articles, etc. about MV. I love Facebook as it allows me to keep in touch with some of the actors and other MV fans.I have read coop mountain of information and many of your posts. It is great to meet a friendly community around the same interest.Enough about me, I am looking forward to sharing more great MV stuff with you.:DThxJ.

Welcome aboard jongarci! What an interesting introduction!:clap: I really like this "MV closet fan" phrase! It was funny to read about the Scarab scene as last night I re-watched "Calderone's Demise" for the umpteenth time :DI'm sure you'll enjoy being here as this is a fantastic place full of very friendly (and supportive - I know something about it!) people. As you must have already noticed, it contains a real wealth of Miami Vice information. I am amazed how much most of you pals know about the show!As yet another "obsessive fan" :p I also follow Facebook MV fan sites but I find this place so much more "full of life", so to speak - just notice how much feedback has the Nike commercial received here...Enjoy your stay here, jongarci!