Episode #35 "Yankee Dollar"

Ferrariman

• 1 year later...

Something about this ep reminds me of Season 3 - definitely felt a little darker than many of the eps from S1 & S2. In fact if Castillo hadn't come in on the final scene and told the cops to book Glide for the gun, I would go so far as to say this ep 'belongs' in Season 3. One of the problems I had with this ep was the 'grainy' quality of the film it seems like was used for most of the ep - just really annoying it lacks some of that crispness.Starts very dark with the OD and subsequent death of Sonny's girlfriend - I didn't even know about this girl! - she lasts about as long as Rico's gf in the intro to Walk Alone! This is a good strong intro here. Also interestingly Sonny seems to be quite pensive before picking the phone up to enquire about Sarah's flight details - part of this must be driven by the fact he knows everyone else seems to be busy (especially Rico who is off romancing someone or other), but you have to wonder if this extended pause is something to do with Callie or not? Sometimes difficult to tell how much time is supposed to have passed at OCB between eps, but generally speaking there's not usually any reason to assume a long gap, so Callie might well still be on his mind. But if this is the case there's also the question of who this Sarah girl really is - to my mind she strikes me as Sonny's girlfriend, but she could also just be a good friend. Now was that the actress who plays LMD walking out just before Sonny's girlfriend at the airport?! It might just be... looks very similar, and if you check the glossary you'll notice that although we have one other ep airing between this one and LMD, the principal photography for these 2 eps was consecutive - so she might have been easy to use as an extra in this one if she was already on site about to film for LMD. I love the shot of Sonny with his gun in the BMW seller's face - his hair looks so cool, eyes so wide, and that beautiful moody sky in the background - man, that's the cool this show just oozed - some people just never get it - but boy if you get it, you love this kind of shot! As C&T chase down Sarah's brother at the beach I'm guessing Sonny was running like that (with arm pinned to jacket) to prevent people seeing his piece underneath.Loved Glide's place with the massive windows overlooking the shoreline - beautiful - and with the grey stormy clouds and wind blowing the palms outside the window it looked cool. Also liked it as C&B approached Glide's party uninvited in the Scarab - once again a beautiful shot of clouds in the skyline. Liked the scene where we see Sonny driving in shades later in the mellow sunlight and stops at the light, looks at the girl in the car next to him who smiles - just like the way the car is shot in that light I think. Sonny at OCB when he throws the chair when interviewing Glide is the kind of passionate Sonny we see in Season 3 eps sometimes. Love it when Castillo asks C&T 'have either of you got a problem with that?' and then intentionally glares at Sonny - he's obviously the only one who hates this! The second half of this ep begins to bore me a little I think, and there seems to be less to admire in the style department. Also not sure the charge of the gun on Glide would stick? The guy who plays Glide also annoys me a fair bit - he comes across as one of Vice's less charismatic crooks and I'm never enamoured with him in Vice - appears in other eps, noticeably in one or another of the Lombard eps as Lebrizzi if I recall correctly. Anyhow, a pretty stylish ep overall, and quite dark in principle too - I give this a 7.5 out of 10 - rounded down to 7 for the poll as once again I think 8 overscores it.

• Like 1

Yankee Dollar is a really inconsistent episode. It starts brilliantly. I love the first 15 minutes. Great action and high drama. The intro is great. DJ was excellent and the choice of song was great too. It really matched the sequence perfectly. You really believed the pain and confusion he felt after Sarah died. Then when he decks Tim because his reaction to the news of his sisters death("Where's the body?" said so coldly). Very powerful stuff. Gorgeous scenery too.Pure Miami Vice.And then the first scene at Glide's house is good. It's always great to see the Scarface house in Key Biscayne make an appearance but I didn't like how it was on a cloudy and overcast day. I don't like seeing bad weather like that on Vice. I get enough of that kind of weather where I'm from. But after the scene between Crockett and Glide at the Scarface house, 

Another Scarface connection in this episode is an appearance by Pepe Serna aka Angel Fernandez. He's OK here but he made a much better guest appearance as Oswaldo Guzman in Down For The Count. I also liked hearing Jimmy Cliff's 'The Harder They Come' in this episode.

Audrey Matson was cute. I would've liked if she was in the episode for more then about half a minute. She was on Crime Story too.

Superb opening 15 minutes. 

Edited by Tommy Vercetti

Guest neworder

This is the period of Miami Vice where I can't stop handing out 9s, since Bought & Paid For I believe I have been dishing them out and I intend to again for a few more eps too, B&PF to LMD is probably the strongest period of Vice for me. Tommy you make a fair point about this ep just being another get the drug dealer, in fact im in full agreement. But I enjoy the ep, like the music, like the scarab scenes, like the style, the scenes near and in scarfaces house are lovely. Miami seems stormy/very cloudy in this episode, hardly see the sun even on the beach. It also harbours one of my fave scenes where the two boats are put point to point for the swop, a scene replicated in the movie. There's a decent amount of action aswell as some humour to keep things moving well for me, and also Charlie Glyde is a decent character. I'm giving this 9/10 - but I do respect Tommy's comments about it being another standard get the drug dealer story albeit with a small twist at the beginning, so it's probably one of the weaker 9s im giving for the B&PF to LMD period, but I enjoy it, love the music, decent action and style and some lovely scarab shots.

Still a fairly "meh" episode for me and nothing memorable. The "Crockett finds himself involved with drug-involved woman" would be used later with better results in Season 3's "Theresa" and even after finishing it just hours ago I forgot everything about this one again other than the overdose and Crockett decking someone on the beach. Just very mediocre.5/10.

Edited by agent 47
New review due to Blu-ray viewing.

Although not one of my favorites, I do like this episode. The teaser has Tubbs using his charm in a phone call to some chick. This gets Crockett thinking about a stewardess he's dating & leads to him surprising her at the airport while she's carrying cocaine- filled balloons in her stomach. She ends up dying from an overdose when one of the balloons burst. Sonny feels responsible, although Rico says it's not his fault. Sonny takes out his grief on every one that's connected with his dead girlfriend: the guy who was selling his BMW to her; her brother who was waiting for the coke & especially, Charlie Glide. I liked the scene where C&T are chasing her brother down the beach, everyone in bathing suits & them in street clothes running into the water & then Crockett wrestling him to the ground & then punching him in the face when he asked where the body was. Classic Sonny reaction! Charlie Glide was cool even though he's a business man dealing in "the bad thing." I always enjoy it when Tubbs uses his Jamaican accent in an undercover assignment! The guy, Zabor eating like a slob was such a contrast to everyone on the ship including the drug dealers. Man, I loved Charlie Glide's house even more than Phil-the Shill's. Breathtaking! Good shootout at the end & they finally "put the slide on Charlie Glide!" I rate this one a 9. I'm lowering my rating to an 8 because I have to agree with Agent 47, that it is "barely memorable"

I didn't like this too much the first time I watched it, but the second time I liked it a lot more.I like Charlie Glide's character. A real weasel, but very clever! I liked the scene where Max is overwhelmed with work and Charlie keeps asking him if he can do such and such and Max finally says..."NO! I'm not your gopher!!!" I love that line, and often say it in my head at work :DI liked the use of the "Scarface" house as well.The first half is very good, the second half not so much...I gave it an 8/10.

Yep, not my favorite either, yet I liked it. Tommy, you nailed it(again), I'm in the same line as you...In the intro, everyone has something going on and Crockett is busying himself with work and when he looks up at Tubbs "sarinating" someone on the phone, his initial look(Sonny)always cracks me up. I gave this episode a nine. Why? Season two is my favorite....Used the boat and others, the car and also others, the story was kinda(use loosely here) cool, lotsa wardrobe and Michael Mann camera angles like the shot as Glide is getting outta his Porshe in front of the 'bank' and it angles up to catch the building, sweet and of course, the Scarface(also Assasins) house...The shot of the skyline across the bay...Coincidence? Maybe, just alot of stuff(the dining room on the ship made me laugh a bit also) that made up for the slow half of this episode. Get the bad guys, like Vice usually does. Good points everyone...Keep 'em coming!!! Mike

18 people voted in the poll, so far, but only 9 gave a comment about the episode! :pWhat happened to the other 9? Unless everyone voted twice! ;)

18 people voted in the poll' date=' so far, but only 9 gave a comment about the episode! :pQUOTE']That's usually the case isn't it?! Its easy to vote, but sometimes you just don't feel like commenting...

My original review from April 2006I like this episode for many reasons, and it’s another one I can watch anytime and often. The thing which struck me as I watched this episode this time was the opening. Tubbs is making a hot date on the telephone and isn’t being shy about it. Notice Sonny’s reaction. It’s almost like he’s surprised. Were he and Tubbs planning on doing something after work? It’s the only thing I can think of to explain Crockett’s reaction. Rico even comments: ‘You could come too’ or something to that effect. Notice Sonny quips back about being a fifth wheel on his space ship, and then quickly says besides he’s got some work to finish up. He ends up with telling Rico to go “Don’t break her heart, Rico and Don’t bust my chops†Everyone has plans except Sonny. He’s left to his own devices. He can’t even socialize with Gina because she and Trudy are going out on a work assignment, and Stan and Larry are going to see 101 Dalmatians. Sonny keeps up the front until everyone’s gone. Then notice him try to finish the work (he’s writing up his report could it be on the Callie case?) He finally throws down his pencil and thinks (could he be missing Caroline and Billy at this point?) and then and only then picks up the phone and finds out the flight information for Sarah’s flight, and decides to meet her plane at the airport. I always wondered if that evening, while obviously a busy day has concluded, was the night following the day of the Clemente meet and the Callie Arrest from the previous episode. It seems to me a continuing of that same day. Remember Sonny said see you tonight, and Rico said Count on it, which implied to me not only would they both survive but they’d do something later that evening. This might explain Sonny’s reaction in that whole opening scene. It also might explain while Sonny didn’t just go pick-up a girl or someone he didn’t know, I think he wanted to be with someone he thought he knew and trusted and someone he wouldn’t have to play the flirt/pick-up game with. He’s obviously not in the mood for a casual hookup. He’s more in the mood for someone whom he knows and can relax and have fun with. ‘Par Avion’ was a great song to go with this part of the opening, especially if you listen to the words. Notice that in the office when everyone is making their plans for the evening, Jan Hammer’s music is playing. It isn’t until the Airplane has come in for landing and we see Sonny at MIA that Par Avion starts to play. When I first saw Yankee Dollar I thought Sonny had caused the balloon to rupture when he gave Sarah a big hug and kiss, but after seeing it a few more times, Sarah mentions she isn’t feeling well, so maybe Sonny didn’t cause the balloon to rupture. I thought she was just saying that to get rid of the balloons and then see Sonny the next day as planned, but maybe she wasn’t feeling well because the balloon had already ruptured. Why did Sarah know him as Crockett instead of Burnett? Did she know he was a cop? I noticed at the hospital he brought her in and the ER person called him Mr… and he filled in Crockett, but not his title of detective. It wasn’t until after he was told she over dosed from swallowing cocaine and that the proper authorieis would need to be notified that Sonny revealed ambiguously he was one of the proper authorities to notify. It looks like someone once again has let Sonny down. From here on we know that Sonny is going to take this case personally, never mind what he told Rico in the pilot. We know when Sonny takes a case personally his temper will be on a hair trigger I don’t know about you gang, but I would never want to cross Sonny Crockett or get on his bad side! I don’t blame Sonny for punching out Timmy, I mean her own brother, and all he can think about it retrieving the coke, never mind his sister is dead. From Timmy’s reaction it seemed that Sonny was more sad, and bothered that Sarah was dead than her own brother. It obviously affects him some, because later in the episode we see him driving the Daytona and come across another flight attendant in the same uniform as Sarah, driving, and Sonny sees Sarah at first. He keeps telling Charlie Glide that Sarah was a friend of his,… He yells at Timmy in interrogation says he’s in no mood to cut deals today, yeah it was part of the game, but Sonny really felt that way. The whole set-up of Charlie Glide was a little weak. Or was it?. Sonny called the money obtained from the inpound a trump card. Did he really think the set-up would work of him needing to broker the coke, while coincidentally Tubbs shows up with the money? Or did he figure Charlie was slick enough to see through it, but never suspect it was counterfeit so when he skimmed the payment, like Sonny knew he would it would be putting Counterfeit money in the bank which would make it a crime. Which was the real set-up? He had mentioned to Tubbs that Charlie stayed very far away from the Big bad White thing, and later on the homicide cop said that Charlie Glide had never gotten a parking ticket. What was the crack talk about Blonde Ambition? I mean Lydia didn’t look like a blonde. I love Stan and Larry while they’re waiting for the supposed drug meet at the Boat house. Their conversation had me rolling. ‘…They always know and it’s never the same place what is there a book on the best places for a drug meet?’ Or something like that, and Stan’s comeback, ‘…they probably checked it out that’s why they’re professionals’. LOL The Peruvian’s right hand man, why didn’t he quickly jump out of the boat when Crockett and Tubbs did? I mean Sonny clearly yelled ‘SETUP†and even I could hear the switch click when the bomb set. I love Ned Eisenberg in this role. Charlie Glide is so money driven and seems to live for the deal. He thinks he’s smarter than anyone and thinks he’s got everything wired so he’ll come out ahead. He’s slick and thinks he’s more superior in everything than anyone and especially the dumb cops. He unknowingly sets up his own frame. Max kills Timmy with a gun he had handy, after Max asked Charlie what they were going to do about Timmy Charlie had told him to show some initiative. Again it amazes me how Sonny seems completely at home while playing the drug dealer. I mean he is Burnett the drug dealer and runner while Rico acts like the drug runner or Jamaican embezzler. btw, who made who. Charlie says that the Peruvian/Indian made Burnett and Cooper for cops. Max phones Lydia, and tells her that Charlie's found out that Burnett and Cooper are cops, so was it Charlie who blabbed or did the Peruvian/Indian really make Sonny and Rico as cops? Personally I think Charlie blabbed to the Peruvian and it was Charlie's scheme to blow up Sonny and Rico and what would appear to be the coke. He even told Lydia "For all they know the drugs blew up with the cops, all they have is splinters and guesses. In the briefing room, Castillo going over the plan, and getting input from everyone, Sonny is unusually silent, while Rico answers the questions, Castillo finally looks pointedly at Sonny and finally Sonny nods slightly his agreement to the plan. I love how DJ plays Sonny in these moments. I like the way he and Rico went into that party and gabbed Max and started dragging him out and beating on him. I love the boat scenes, and it tickles me when Sonny commandeers the couple’s (who were necking) boat. “Come on We need your boat. We’re the cops.†LOL. What was going on with Lydia? Had she planned to kill the Peruvian and Charlie all along or was this only after the mess-up of the sample, and the ‘sacrifice she had to make at the blown up boat house? Castillo was so cool as he called Crockett off Charlie Glide and then calmly asked Charlie if this was his gun. Did Castillo know that it was and was just waiting for Charlie’s admission of ownership? Charlie has no idea that this is a problem for him he still thinks he’s completed his deal and can walk away. After Charlie admits it, then Castillo coolly tells him it was the gun that killed Timmy Davis Book him murder one. (EJO played this so coolly). Charlie looks so shocked. He really is innocent of this one and never saw it coming. Could Rico and Sonny be any more physical as they literally threw Charlie Glide into the arms of the patrol officers? Sonny sounded so satisfied. I think ya did it and you’re going to jail – Push throw. Btw, I loved the chase on the beach into the water. Sonny looked real hot with those white pants clinging to him. I’ll rate this episode an 8 It is one of my favorites, but there are better episodes with better plot lines. 6/23/2009 - I watched this episode again last Satruday, and I still feel this was the evening of the Clemente/ Callie cases. I also think that Sonny and Sarah had been acqainted at least for two or more years since he mentions to Rico that she had been flying that route for 2 years. I think they were casual friends just to have a good time, and I truly believe that's what Sonny wanted after the few days he had had with Callie. Imagine his disappointment when he finds out what Sarah did. btw, the actress was not very good in this part. As for Charlie Glide. I read him as a schemer, and a dealer. He obviously had wealth, and he seemed to know the law fairly well. (could he have been a law school drop out at one time?) I guess I like Charlie Glide because he's such a slippery guy, he truly reminds me of the Slick Defense Laywer character that Ned plays on Law & Order SVU Roger Kressler. When I see and episode with Kressler in it I always think That's Charlie Glide's cousin. I have to disagree with some folks who don't think Charlie is a great character. I think he is as for a villain, most of the time he probably could be. Compared to Other Vice villains, not so much. If you haven't guessed This my favorite character that Ned Eisenberg plays in Vice. I like him as Librizzi OK, and I also like him as the pal of the Guy in the Lost Madonna, but by far I love him as Charlie Glide and those scenes with DJ are just magical and they crackle with energy! As for Austin Pendleton's Max he was just plain irritating!. I stand by my original rating while I love this episode I think it's only an 8.

That's usually the case isn't it?! Its easy to vote, but sometimes you just don't feel like commenting...

People don't have to do a NMathews comment, :D but a number rating & a hint as why it's liked or disliked would be appreciated.P.S. Nancy you're the greatest!!!! :thumbsup: :flowers:Ri-dead you're a close second, if not tied! :clap:

A #9 at least. The explosion in the boat garage with Crocket's expression as they escape. Pepe Serna's character laughing during the meal with Mrs. Sugerman. Max shooting the guy with the silencer.Switek and Zito on the boat discussing how drug dealers always know where to go and what to do because they are professionals. Glide and Max making C &T as cops. And the best part at the end when they put the slide on Charley Glide with his own gun.

The opening scene is great with Crockett picking up his girlfriend from the airport and "Par Avion" by Mike and the Mechanics was an excellent choice to be played in the background. It was a good episode, but definitely not one of the best ones from season two.

That's usually the case isn't it?! Its easy to vote, but sometimes you just don't feel like commenting...

Or the former is quick and easy to do whereas the latter requires taking some time out to do later on. I already voted a couple of days ago, but I'll be writing and posting my review later as I have some time free today at work.

It's always great to see the Scarface house in Key Biscayne make an appearance but I didn't like how it was on a cloudy and overcast day. I don't like seeing bad weather like that on Vice. I get enough of that kind of weather where I'm from.

Yeah we get quite a bit of that type of weather here in the UK ! Luckily the weather today across most of the UK is similar to that in Definitely Miami rather than Yankee Dollar... it's a scorcher out there!But I must say although I usually love the sunshine in Vice, I also like it sometimes when we get the cloud and/or rain - it often makes things a bit more 'atmospheric'. The worst though is when the sky is just one big grey mass - can't see any clouds within it - now that gets even me bored...

Or the former is quick and easy to do whereas the latter requires taking some time out to do later on. I already voted a couple of days ago' date=' but I'll be writing and posting my review later as I have some time free today at work.[/quote']Hey Papa, we always get a good review & many insights from you! :thumbsup:

Thanks Tony!This is another one of my favourite episodes. Like Neworder says, I felt Vice was particularly strong during this period. Check out Tubbs right at the beginning of the episode. Is that a bible on his desk that he's been reading?I loved the Jan Hammer music at the beginning of the episode, and how this gradually merges into "Par Avion".Because this is one of my favourite episodes, I got DanJ to take myself and my dad (Baron Samedi) to where Sarah's appartment is (Hollywood beach I believe?). That was an amazing experience, standing on the very same spot where Crockett spoke to Tim Davis. The appartment looks exactly the same apart from it's been repainted since the episode, and a small wall has been built around the yard (about two foot high). This means that the scene where you see Tim get out of the Porsche and walk up to the apartment would now be impossible to film due to the perimeter wall being in the way. Also, the scenes of Crockett and Tim driving up to the front of the apartment is actually an illusion. That isn't a road, it's actually a pedestrian walkway. The scene was probably filmed that way so that the chase scene naturally spilled out onto the beach as Tim turned and fled, ending in a dramatic confrontation in the Ocean. I love this entire chase scene and the Jan Hammer music that accompanies it. Also notice the Bikini clad girl on the beach with the huge Dog. Have you noticed how many times you see Bikini clad girls walking Dogs in Vice?As with "Definately Miami", notice how this episode was filmed during storm season. Check out the clouds during the Charlie Glide party scene. Also, during the dinner conversation between Glide and Max, you can see it raining heavily outside. A very rare occurance in Vice!I found that the story moved very fast in this episode. But then again I always preferred the faster paced episodes that you see in Season 2 as opposed to the much slower, drawn out episodes that you get in Season 5.During the scene where Glide and "Burnett" are setting up Burnett's end of the deal (where Glide is sat at a desk and Burnett is reading one of his books), Glide actually suggests that Burnett will be given a safe deposit box key once Burnett produces "The Bad thing". No way would Burnett ever agree to a deal where he handed over drugs in exchange for a key that would open a safe deposit box full of supposed cash. That would sound too much like a rip off. Burnett had no way of knowing that the cash would actually be in the Safe Deposit box. He only had Glide as a guarantor, and what exactly would Glide do to compensate Burnett if he got ripped off? I thought it seemed too naive on Burnett's part.Another thing that didn't add up was at the end of that scene, Burnett has proposed a deal of 33 per key. Yet immediately afterwards when Max conveys this proposition to Tubbs' Jamaican alter ego, Tubbs says "43, I thought you said it would be 35?". Did the extra 10 include Glide and Max's finders fee?I also liked how Castillo says "We're gonna have to work with Glide, either of you two have a problem with that?", and just looks straight at Crockett. Clearly "you two" didn't include Tubbs!I did think that there's no way that Crockett would have been able to leg Glide's chair up the way he did and make him fall over. Not unless Glide weighed about the same as a bag of sugar!The conversation between Switek and Zito as they were posing as fishermen also made me laugh. It was like Zito was subtely making fun of Miami Vice drug dealer cliches. I also thought the bit where Crockett and Tubbs steal that couple's boat was funny. Watch the guy's face as he gets off.My favourite scene was the boatyard scene followed by the boat explosion. I love "Your time is gonna come".I know it was discussed on here recently about Max being Crockett and Tubbs' "case against Glide", the fact that Max got shot in the back, and the incriminating gun. I'm no expert in law but my conclusion is that Glide would have got off. And the whole case would have hinged upon the ambiguous scene between Glide and Max in Glide's office. During this scene, when Max asks Glide "What are we gonna do about Timmy?". Glide replies "We?" followed by "You're the Executive assistant Max, show some initiative!". Now was this a veiled suggestion to Max that he should kill Tim (and therefore Max was acting on Glide's orders)?, or alternatively, was Glide asking Max to sort out the issue of an unreliable employee for him, and Max was the one who went haywire and took it upon himself to kill Tim (or read too much into what Glide had said?).Max was shot in the back during the shootout, but you never get to find out what happened to him. If Max had survived, then Glide's lawyer would have advised Glide to pin the murder on Max (i.e Max went too far and took it upon himself to murder Tim), and Max's lawyer would have suggested to Max that he pinned the murder by Proxy on Glide (Glide's veiled suggestion) in order to mitigate the damage to Max. Let's assume that it was Glide's gun. Ballistics would have matched the gun to the bullet that killed Tim, and Max's fresh prints would have been on it. Max would have definately gone down for murder and Glide may have gone down for conspiracy to commit murder. Glide's fate would have hinged on whether or not the Judge and Jury thought he was telling the truth as to his innocence.If Max had died, then Glide's defence would have remained the same, and with no Max then there would be no way of establishing beyond all reasonable doubt that Glide was implicated in the murder. Therefore, by default, Glide may have walked.Either way, I felt that because Crockett, Tubbs, and Castillo by the end of the episode were so pissed off with Glide for setting them up in the boatyard explosion, they just wanted to book him for whatever they could, regardless of the legal technicalities further down the line. If anything, Lydia murdering Zabado did Glide a favour because then he could rely on his "The Indian made you for a cop. I didn't know about it until it was too late" defence with no Zabado around to contradict that. In summary I think that not only was Glide slick, he was also very lucky, as Lydia herself points out.I too have no idea why Lydia intended to kill Zabado and Glide. She seemed angry with Glide, but I'm not sure why? Maybe she was that ruthless that she intended to maximise her profit from the deal by avoiding paying out money to the middle men. But in which case why the hostility towards Glide?Good review Nancy. To discuss some of your points I always assumed that Crockett's apparant surprise at Tubbs' phone flirting was basically just his way of thinking "please.. somebody pass me the sick bucket" or alternatively he was a bit jealous. Maybe it was both. Like you say, the scene seemed to emphasise the fact that everyone had plans that evening apart from him, and this made Crockett feel all the more that he himself was at a loose end. This was what then prompted him to hook up with Sarah.You mention that Sarah knew Sonny as Crockett, but she never referred to him as "Crockett"? I think Sarah would have been mad to become a drug trafficking Mule whilst going out with a Vice cop at the same time. I think Crockett only told the Surgeon his real name because by that point he knew that Sarah was already dead and therefore there was no point in continuing his cover. Remember in "Payback", Crockett says to Tubbs "Man, just once I wish I knew what it was like when a lady asks me my name and I tell her Crockett and not Sonny Burnett!".I agree that although Ned Eisenberg played Glide very well, and he made Glide come across as intelligent and manipulative, it wouldn't have taken a genius to work out that Burnett and Tubbs' Jamaican embezzler showing up on the scene at exactly the same time was more than coincidence. I also agree with you that it was probably Charlie who set up Crockett and Tubbs. Remember that Zabado was not happy about his buddy also being blown up. I got the impression that Glide had talked him into the idea on the basis that this was collateral damage.I would have to disagree with you that Crockett and Sarah were just friends. I firmly believe that they were dating, although had probably not been dating for that long. The fact that Crockett brought her flowers, they had long lingering kisses on the lips (twice), he injected sexual chemistry into the conversation by his "I could come in and watch you sleep" suggestion, the body language was very close, and he was very romantically conventional by helping her get out of the car shows that this relationship was more than just friends. It just wasn't anything too serious. The fact that Crockett knew that she'd been flying that route for two years doesn't necessarily mean that he'd known her that long. She just could have told him that retrospectively during their dates in the same way that someone may say on a first date "I've worked as a car salesmen for the last 10 years"I agree with you that this is Ned Eisenberg's best Vice role though. Notice how he plays someone very smart in this episode, yet very dumb in "The Lost Madonna"!A solid episode that continues the strength of Season two. 9 out of 10.

• Administrators
...Another thing that didn't add up was at the end of that scene' date=' Burnett has proposed a deal of 33 per key. Yet immediately afterwards when Max conveys this proposition to Tubbs' Jamaican alter ego, Tubbs says "43, I thought you said it would be 35?". Did the extra 10 include Glide and Max's finders fee?...[/quote']Yes, the 10 grand extra per key was Charlie's cut of the deal. That is were he got the 100 grand that he gave to the bank and said "from my corporate account, should be a 100 grand" to the bank employee. Which of course was counterfeit money from the drug deal.

Yes' date=' the 10 grand extra per key was Charlie's cut of the deal. That is were he got the 100 grand that he gave to the bank and said "from my corporate account, should be a 100 grand" to the bank employee. Which of course was counterfeit money from the drug deal.[/quote']Aaah yes I remember. The light dawns! Thanks.

Either way' date=' I felt that because Crockett, Tubbs, and Castillo by the end of the episode were so pissed off with Glide for setting them up in the boatyard explosion, they just wanted to book him for whatever they could, regardless of the legal technicalities further down the line. [/quote']Good point, and I agree.Great review mate again. I'd encourage more reviewers to discuss other peoples' reviews/points on here if they get the time - I'm often guilty of this, but I think it's all too easy to leave a review here and not bother even reading other peoples' reviews, let alone critically assessing them and challenging views you might not agree with. Ultimately I feel we all learn from a healthy discussion, whatever the topic!

I would have to disagree with you that Crockett and Sarah were just friends. I firmly believe that they were dating' date=' although had probably not been dating for that long. The fact that Crockett brought her flowers, they had long lingering kisses on the lips (twice), he injected sexual chemistry into the conversation by his "I could come in and watch you sleep" suggestion, the body language was very close, and he was very romantically conventional by helping her get out of the car shows that this relationship was more than just friends. It just wasn't anything too serious. The fact that Crockett knew that she'd been flying that route for two years doesn't necessarily mean that he'd known her that long. She just could have told him that retrospectively during their dates in the same way that someone may say on a first date "I've worked as a car salesmen for the last 10 years"[/quote']I agree with all this, for what it's worth - just get a gut feel overall that she was something more than just a friend.

Like Morgana says' date=' I felt Vice was particularly strong during this period. [/quote']I think neworder was saying the same thing.First time for me to see some of these recent eps and I have to agree that we have a pretty strong line of eps here - rare to get so many in a row.The style in particular is really strong.

I think neworder was saying the same thing.First time for me to see some of these recent eps and I have to agree that we have a pretty strong line of eps here - rare to get so many in a row.The style in particular is really strong.

Balls. Sorry I actually meant Neworder, not Morgana. Apologies once again Neworder. I've just gone back and changed my original posting. Thanks RID :thumbsup: