Episode #35 "Yankee Dollar"

Ferrariman

13 minutes ago, dragon48 said:

I'm giving it a 9 out of 10.  I'm deducting a point for the scene with Zabado on the boat.  Pepe Serna's drunk, whacked out character, with his overdone laughter and having spit out the cork, was too much of a buzz kill for me to rate the episode a perfect 10.

I originally gave this one a 9, too. :thumbsup: Although, as ridiculous as it was, Zabado smearing caviar all over his mouth, spitting out a champagne cork, and hysterically laughing at everything was kind of hilarious. I think he was “supposed” to be an unintelligent drunk, that annoyed everyone. I find it fitting & hilarious as well, that no one aboard that ship could stand him. :p 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent episode. One of my favorites. Ned Eisenberg was a great yuppie crook but his assistant Max Rogo was a lousy actor who couldn't even keep a straight face. Pepe Serna was hilarious and amazing as usual.

Mike and the Mechanics' "Par Avion" was once again just perfect music piece chosen. 

One weird thing: When TImmy comes to see Sarah and collect the samples and C&T are there... he's trying to get back to his Corvette but Tubbs slams the door and Timmy starts running away... why does he run towards the shore and dead end? That didn't make any sense at all. 

• Like 1

vor 13 Minuten schrieb apocalypse:

One weird thing: When TImmy comes to see Sarah and collect the samples and C&T are there... he's trying to get back to his Corvette but Tubbs slams the door and Timmy starts running away... why does he run towards the shore and dead end? That didn't make any sense at all. 

Maybe he saw Crockett and Tubbs´ expensive clothing and thought "I´ll run towards the sea. These guys will not follow me with their luxury gear...."? :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, apocalypse said:

Excellent episode. One of my favorites. Ned Eisenberg was a great yuppie crook but his assistant Max Rogo was a lousy actor who couldn't even keep a straight face. Pepe Serna was hilarious and amazing as usual.

Mike and the Mechanics' "Par Avion" was once again just perfect music piece chosen. 

Sonny kicks the car door, the next step would be out of panic is to run and run anywhere. Maybe he wasn't thinking straight?

Why do guys run down back alleys leading to a dead end? Timmy was a young guy who lacked experience in a situation like this.

He acted irrationally, almost childlike. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Maybe he saw Crockett and Tubbs´ expensive clothing and thought "I´ll run towards the sea. These guys will not follow me with their luxury gear...."? :p

OMG, that one criticism caught me at just the time of the morning, and cracked me up.  Double kudos, Apocalypse!  

Well, we know the answer, right?  Because panic is panic--panic leaves a fleeing man with no sense in his brain at all.  
But I like Tom's theory, royally!  

And you're right, apocalypse.  If we were all bystanders on the beach watching two guys chase this one kid, and they turned out to be cops, we'd be asking the same thing..."why the heck did he run into the danged ocean trying to get away---his car is right over THERE--wasn't he thinking?!"  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Augusta said:

OMG, that one criticism caught me at just the time of the morning, and cracked me up.  Double kudos, Apocalypse!  

Well, we know the answer, right?  Because panic is panic--panic leaves a fleeing man with no sense in his brain at all.  

And you're right, apocalypse.  If we were all bystanders on the beach watching two guys chase this one kid, and they turned out to be cops, we'd be asking the same thing..."why the heck did he run into the danged ocean trying to get away---his car is right over THERE--wasn't he thinking?!"  

Timmy couldn't get in his car, Sonny kicked the car door shut, so he jumped over the hood.

So he ran, in a perfect situation where was he suppose to go, the only other option was to stop and say "what do you want?"

He was in a direction and unfortunate for him it was towards the sea, he couldn't just turn back and head to the main road and call for a cab.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Augusta:

Has anyone of you noticed that Crockett f...d up his expensive golden watch when tackling Sarah´s friend into the ocean?

That was for sure a lot pf paperwork afterwards to explain why he ruined 10.000$ worth of department leased watch for catching a suspected two-bit gangster that could not have escaped anyway....:dance2:

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Has anyone of you noticed that Crockett f...d up his expensive golden watch when tackling Sarah´s friend into the ocean?

That was for sure a lot pf paperwork afterwards to explain why he ruined 10.000$ worth of department leased watch for catching a suspected two-bit gangster that could not have escaped anyway....:dance2:

How was it ruined? I didn't notice. It looked like the clasp opened when he was running after Timmy.

I actually wrote a blog of Crockett's watch to my watch blog. Being a true Miami Vice fan I just HAD to have it lol. Mine is only two-tone version though.

https://luxurywatches635.wordpress.com/2021/05/29/review-of-ebel-1911-chronograph-ref-1134901/

• Like 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb apocalypse:

How was it ruined? I didn't notice. It looked like the clasp opened when he was running after Timmy.

I don´t think that an expensive golden watch (Rolex, ...?)  in 1985 was watertight. And salt water is a topic for itself.

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I don´t think that an expensive golden watch (Rolex, ...?)  in 1985 was watertight. And salt water is a topic for itself.

No it wasn't Rolex. Check my blog. It was Ebel 1911 Sports Chronograph and yes it's watertight to 30 meters.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, apocalypse said:

No it wasn't Rolex. Check my blog. It was Ebel 1911 Sports Chronograph and yes it's watertight to 30 meters.

This one is worse. He submerses his watch completely in the pool seconds after this shot, whereas in YD the water just splashes on it.

Even though both are watertight.

Untitled.png.4a84c837a15266a878f8d7db3e5c9a50.png

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

This one is worse. He submerses his watch completely in the pool seconds after this shot, whereas in YD the water just splashes on it.

Even though both are watertight.

Untitled.png.4a84c837a15266a878f8d7db3e5c9a50.png

What about his $500 Italian leather loafers? :hot:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I think it was Dadrian who said it might be Sarah in the Jan Hammer (Crockett's Theme) music video.

The actress Audrey Matson who has her own youtube channel just replied to my comment I posted a while ago.

Is see no reason to assume it is not her.

"THAT IS TRUE! Me me"

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think it was Dadrian who said it might be Sarah in the Jan Hammer (Crockett's Theme) music video.

THAT IS NOT TRUE! Not me not me. :) 

I may have responded but I don’t think I discovered it. Idk. Maybe someone posted the video and I noticed it. Too many iPhones ago. :) 

Very cool she responded to you! Tell her to lay off the balloons. :p

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Perhaps this has been brought up before, but I don't remember it if it has. Watching "Yankee Dollar" again tonight...as many times as I've seen MV over the years, I always enjoy or love finding or realizing new/different aspects I hadn't noticed before. In this episode there's a scene where Crockett & Tubbs have to (without official permission) "borrow" some cocaine from the evidence room. They talk to a cop named Webber on duty, and he of course lets them take what they want. ;) But, for the first time (that I can remember) I suddenly realized that on a huge pile of "coke", to the left of Tubbs & Webber, is a huge black animal of some kind...and it moves a couple times while they are all talking--what the "heck" is that? Is it actually a huge rat?? :eek: Why I have not noticed this before I don't know...but whatever it is, why is it allowed in the evidence locker & why isn't anyone at least slightly concerned or questioning it? ?( Picture below:

YD.thumb.jpg.9dff03337c3e86a1c68c5883475f81e2.jpg

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

@ViceFanMan I’ve always thought it was a rat. As far as the lack of concern, I’ve always suspected that it was to be understood that rats were a common/expected presence at that place. ?(

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dadrian said:

@ViceFanMan I’ve always thought it was a rat. As far as the lack of concern, I’ve always suspected that it was to be understood that rats were a common/expected presence at that place. ?(

It looks like a rat to me...but huge and right there almost in front of them! :eek: Even if it was understood that rats were a problem in certain storage areas back in the 80s, I'd still think Crockett, Tubbs, or Webber would have done something about this one while they were in there & it was right there...knock it away, chase it off, at least mention how nasty that is...but no, no one says or does a thing while this giant rat is moving around right next to them & on top of the "coke" they're going to be handling/dealing with. I'd almost expect Crockett to reach out and start petting it! :p It just seems a little unrealistic or over-the-top to me. ?(

• Like 1

That's officer Mouscovitz.

He also appears in the opener for "A Bullet for Crockett". He's up in the rafters covering our duo...and eating some bread.:eek:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Screenplay:

miami vice-yankee dollar.pdf

Though the main story/plot is the same, the episode differs considerably from the attached screenplay. They trimmed good dialogue, subplots and secondary characters a bit too much, IMO.

Edited by johnnyfarragut
  • Like 1