Moonlight - Cancelled:(

DJAngel

It met with a very mixed reaction, some people loved it and some people wanted to rip out their eyes and go deaf at the very mention of the M word... I am afraid I am with those that wanted to remove their eyeballs...I am sure there will be another vampire detective along shortly... we've had Forever Knight, Angel, Moonlight... there has to be another one!

It met with a very mixed reaction' date=' some people loved it and some people wanted to rip out their eyes and go deaf at the very mention of the M word... I am afraid I am with those that wanted to remove their eyeballs...I am sure there will be another vampire detective along shortly... we've had Forever Knight, Angel, Moonlight... there has to be another one![/quote']I didn't even get to judge it. I did however love Forever Knights and was upset when it was taken off the air. That's a show I'd love to see re-runs of.

I am not familiar with that one.....bear in mind the writer's strike played havoc with TV in general, likely for the worse. I have a bad feeling this is going to veer the networks totally towards reality, game shows etc. Even 'Vegas' which had solid ratings was shut down.

I'm a big Angel and Buffy The Vampire Slayer fan (who would have thought :))I don't seek out the vampire genre, but I did get hooked on Moonlight from the Interview;). Alex O'Loughlin was new to me, but I know I'll be watching for him in the future:happy: Ok, it's not DJ, but that's the beauty of fandom, so you can get around a little bit:DBTW--Regarding Moonlight--"It's not over til it's over" to quote SC;)

Can't say I ever watched (or learned much about) Moonlight, but according to some buzz I've heard about the cancellation, there's going to be rioting in the streets from some of the more hardcore fans."It's not over til it's over" does apply here, though. There have been shows that have been cancelled and then resurrected at the last minute. Granted, it's rare, but not impossible.

I knew this was going to happen RIP moonlight er.. you knowI actually liked Moonlight. I found the stories intriguing, although after the paparassi got a hold of Mic I wasn't sure how he wasn't going to have to leave and restart somewhere else which would have effectively ended it right then and there. Also the last three weeks they were advertising that there were only two new episodes left and that we'd miss him when is was gone. that sort of gave me a clue that Moonlight wasn't even on the bubble any more that CBS had decided to cancel. I'll miss Mic, and all the rest, including Beth and Cora Lee. It was a perfect little light hearted show to watch right before Battle Star Galactica.:cry:

I hope Bruce Willis can find work!(Yeah, that was stupid, but for some reason I couldn't stop myself.)

I could have sworn I posted something yesterday. It was a link to a blog written by Alex O'Loughlin re: ML cancellation. Is that a no no:confused:

Alex O'Loughlin comments on ML cancellation..for those who are interestedAlex O'Loughlin has responded to the cancellation of Moonlight: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 Family and Friends Current mood: Shocked and sad Dear Friends, Family and wonderful, wonderful Fans of MOONLIGHT.Well, where to start....?The decision to cancel MOONLIGHT... my MOONLIGHT... our MOONLIGHT, isas much of a shock and gut wrenching surprise to me as it is to all ofyou.Really, I don't even know where to begin.I sit here at my computer, still slack jawed even 24 hours afterreceiving the news that my services are no longer required on the setof this show. A show we have all come to know and love deeply, and ithurts more than I can possibly tell you.Since i got THE CALL I have not read anything online or otherwise, Ihave not been following blogs or forums, I have not been reading thetrades or opinion polls and I have not been calling around to getinformation."Why are you not fighting for your show?!" I hear you all scream!!The truth is my friends, I never STOPPED fighting for it.From the very beginning when I was told time and again that i wasn'tthe man for the job, having to prove myself to everyone with tests andscreen tests, to a complete re-casting of the show, through 5different show runners at the helm with 5 different artistic visions,to a Writer's strike that took 5 episodes away from us...... oh howthe list goes on.But through all of that, i am proud to say that not once did I bowdown and allow someone else to come in and do with MOONLIGHT as theyplease. And along the way, if I needed a break and wanted to do that,I don't think I could have anyway because, well, I suppose it's justnot in my nature! This is all still so fresh for me and I am going to need a little timeto process this whole thing before i can digest what has actuallyhappened, let alone move on.Honestly. I really feel lost for words.I will say however, that never, never in my life have I experiencedfirst hand a level of support from a group of people like that of youall who are reading this now, and who 'loved this show to life'alongside me. It has been overwhelming to say the least.I am grateful to you all.I am extremely proud to be associated with this piece of television.And I am so, so sorry to my very core, to lose MOONLIGHT.All my love,Alex O'Loughlin x

I'm more pissed that they have canceled Shark! I love that show and I love James Woods character... :evil::evil::evil::evil:

Alex O'Loughlin has responded to the cancellation of Moonlight: Wednesday' date=' May 14, 2008 Family and Friends Current mood: Shocked and sad Dear Friends, Family and wonderful, wonderful Fans of MOONLIGHT.Well, where to start....?The decision to cancel MOONLIGHT... my MOONLIGHT... our MOONLIGHT, isas much of a shock and gut wrenching surprise to me as it is to all ofyou.Really, I don't even know where to begin.I sit here at my computer, still slack jawed even 24 hours afterreceiving the news that my services are no longer required on the setof this show. A show we have all come to know and love deeply, and ithurts more than I can possibly tell you.Since i got THE CALL I have not read anything online or otherwise, Ihave not been following blogs or forums, I have not been reading thetrades or opinion polls and I have not been calling around to getinformation."Why are you not fighting for your show?!" I hear you all scream!!The truth is my friends, I never STOPPED fighting for it.From the very beginning when I was told time and again that i wasn'tthe man for the job, having to prove myself to everyone with tests andscreen tests, to a complete re-casting of the show, through 5different show runners at the helm with 5 different artistic visions,to a Writer's strike that took 5 episodes away from us...... oh howthe list goes on.But through all of that, i am proud to say that not once did I bowdown and allow someone else to come in and do with MOONLIGHT as theyplease. And along the way, if I needed a break and wanted to do that,I don't think I could have anyway because, well, I suppose it's justnot in my nature! This is all still so fresh for me and I am going to need a little timeto process this whole thing before i can digest what has actuallyhappened, let alone move on.Honestly. I really feel lost for words.I will say however, that never, never in my life have I experiencedfirst hand a level of support from a group of people like that of youall who are reading this now, and who 'loved this show to life'alongside me. It has been overwhelming to say the least.I am grateful to you all.I am extremely proud to be associated with this piece of television.And I am so, so sorry to my very core, to lose MOONLIGHT.All my love,Alex O'Loughlin x[/quote']Bon, I didn't realize you liked Moonlight too. I sent Mo a link to a site for fans of Moonlight and in that they have the Moonlight army that are fighting for the show. There is still a chance if they get enough people by the end of the summer. MO, can't you send Bon the links I sent you? I found one in my deleted file.http://www.moonlightline.com/also you can give this number a call to You could give 818-655-1779 a call. All they want is your age and state where you live. It's Moonlight line with CBSThey are also faxing, emailing and snail mailing to fight to keep the show on. check it out. I wish I could find the links I gave Mo, but only had these in my deleted mail file.....good luck....

Bon, Mo sent the link to the site I sent her. People there are fighting for this show. the war isn't over yet. There are a lot of people from all over fighting, I also gave you another part of the site and a phone number to call. Now I'm gonna give another thing my friend sent me. They put out an article pushing to keep the show. A person who is in with studios or something has talked to a few people and other stations too,......I've asked that girl to send me more of the links and I think this will help you. They won back Jericho and that show was cancel but no longer is so there is hope......here's another link to look at the progress. http://moonlight-united.com/Hope this helps, doesn't take long for an email or a phone call.......

Sue, thanks for all the links. The fans have done what they need to do, and the rest is up to the Universe:flowers: