My Tribute to The Great McCarthy

Evan

IncredibleI LOVE IT...............GREAT JOB!!!!I have the first Scarab they used in season two and three. I am going to try to get some film of it as soon as I get it back in the water. When I do, are you interested in doing some work on it for the site?CheersJim

Mv38kv

I LOVE IT...............GREAT JOB!!!!I have the first Scarab they used in season two and three. I am going to try to get some film of it as soon as I get it back in the water. When I do' date=' are you interested in doing some work on it for the site?CheersJim[/quote']Certainly Jim, I'd be glad to. Congrats on the 38KV! Twin 440 mercs? One of my all-time favorites.Thats one beautiful Vessel! Where are you located? There is one orig. MV camera scarab 2 hours from my home in Ottawa.You owners of real MV boats should make an official registry.I still wish I could locate the "pilot stinger", used once & never seen again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILGy41Qb90UClick the "watch in high quality" before viewing, in lower right screen

Evan, I love that song "Everbody wants to rule the world" Forgot about that song. Who sings it? I'd love to down load all these great songs from the 80's, but I had winmx and it's now gone......Great video, thank you for putting it up for us, I enjoyed it. Also thanks for telling about the high quality, didn't know you could do that, never looked....Again thanks and great job with a great song and scenes!:clap:

Nice one' date=' I like the Tears for Fears tune from back in the day.[/quote']Ahhh thanks it's Tears for Fears.....Oh I miss the 80's songs.....:cry:

I LOVE IT...............GREAT JOB!!!!I have the first Scarab they used in season two and three. I am going to try to get some film of it as soon as I get it back in the water. When I do' date=' are you interested in doing some work on it for the site?CheersJim[/quote']wow that's right you do! Hey, in that race was one of the many episodes I noticed the boat has no name like the Vitus does. Did it have a name?

Mv4evr

Evan' date=' I love that song "Everbody wants to rule the world" Forgot about that song. Who sings it? I'd love to down load all these great songs from the 80's, but I had winmx and it's now gone......Great video, thank you for putting it up for us, I enjoyed it. Also thanks for telling about the high quality, didn't know you could do that, never looked....Again thanks and great job with a great song and scenes!:clap:[/quote']I'm glad you like. I'm known as 600SELV12 on Y.T. & have other tributes to our favorite show.

Scarab

wow that's right you do! Hey' date=' in that race was one of the many episodes I noticed the boat has no name like the Vitus does. Did it have a name?[/quote']Crocketsgrl,The boat used in that race was the Chris Craft Stinger 390. I dont believe any of the "Go Fast" boats had names on them. Mine does now have "Miami Vice" on the stern.Good Question!Jim

Scarab

Certainly Jim' date=' I'd be glad to. Congrats on the 38KV! Twin 440 mercs? One of my all-time favorites.Thats one beautiful Vessel! Where are you located? There is one orig. MV camera scarab 2 hours from my home in Ottawa.You owners of real MV boats should make an official registry.I still wish I could locate the "pilot stinger", used once & never seen again.[/quote']Evan,The Scarab now sports twin 555 CID big blocks rated at 650HP each. It now runs between 75-80 mph. Much faster than when in the show. I purchased this boat from a guy in the Thousands Island region of NY and he lived in Rochester. This is the same boat I think. Check out Hardware/Scarab KV only on this site. There is some Info about it and a few pics.Cheers!Jim

Crocketsgrl' date='The boat used in that race was the Chris Craft Stinger 390. I dont believe any of the "Go Fast" boats had names on them. Mine does now have "Miami Vice" on the stern.Good Question!Jim[/quote']Thanks Jim, I've always seen boats with names on them and in that one I saw names on boats. But whether the Stinger or the Scarab, niether had a name on it. Oh you put the name Miami Vice on your boat now? Of course that is a great name. anyone say anything about the name or you haven't put it in the water yet?

Scarab

Thanks Jim' date=' I've always seen boats with names on them and in that one I saw names on boats. But whether the Stinger or the Scarab, niether had a name on it. Oh you put the name Miami Vice on your boat now? Of course that is a great name. anyone say anything about the name or you haven't put it in the water yet?[/quote']Crocketsgrl, No one has said anything about the name yet ,but It was only in the water three weekends last year. When the engines are running it sprays alot of water over the name so it is hard to see. I was pulling into Put-In-Bay last year and a guy on a big boat said to me "Sonny Crocket". I told him this was one of the originals but I dont think he believed me.........Oh well.........Just a few more things to do and let it warm up a bit and were ready. Northern Ohio has not seen 80* yet. Maybe this weekend.Cheers!Jim

Marine DreamsI was pulling into Put-In-Bay last year and a guy on a big boat said to me "Sonny Crocket". I told him this was one of the originals but I dont think he believed me.........Oh well.........Dont worry about it Jim, you & I know what it is! Those 555's are some serious upgrades! 75-80 is waaaay faster than those "old" 440Mercs! What are your drives? How much will it co$t to put her in this year? How's the hull? any major service or "touch wood"! I love fast boats.Unfortunetly "The Leading Lady" (Cary 50) isnt doing so well, She's in a sad state of "project" with the 4 BBC's removed & INT gutted, major oh well!Its too bad Wellcraft didnt make better documentation on these very special Kevlar Vees I think the Admin was using alot of "nose candy" back then lol.

ScarabEvan,Do you have the Leadng Lady? I love the Cary50, there is one near us for sale. It only cost me fuel the take it to the lake. I pull it back and forth from home. We stay on another boat most weekends and play with the Scarab on nice days. (not St. Vitas Dance) The Scarab has fresh TRS drives (original) The hull is nice with only a few stress cracks in the usual places. None under the water line however. The hull is still original finish below the chines. The rest is a total redo. No moisture problems since the boat is rarely in the water. Salon is not as original. It has many upgrades, ie. flat screen microwave ect. The guy I bought it from spent over 165K on the total restoration. CMI Headers, roller rockers, 1150 holley Dominators. Not sure if I posted it here but you can still see where the eye bolts were through bolted down the deck on both sides of the center railing to secure cameras and crew to the deck. Two of the bolts are still there. There are also mounting locations on the dash that were likely used for camera mounts. This boat was used primarily as a close up, or in cockpit camera platform and can be identified in the show by its lack of grab rails between the blower scoops on the rear hatch (Out where the busses dont run, Payback). At this point I cant say for certain, but I believe this to be the same boat used in the "Believe it" photo from Wellcraft. there were stripes on the radar arch that were later changed the a fade patern like the sides. This can also be seen on early episodes. Later seasons used the 87 model that had lights on the radar arch. So far, I have been able to identify four Scarabs on the show. Two 86 and two 87 models both years have one with and one without grab rails. This boat does have a certificate signed by the president of Wellcraft as being an original from the show. Also a plaque from Universal Studios on the dash. If any one is interested, I'll post more pics of it under "Hardware/ Scarab KV.CheersJim

Not mineHey Jim, The Leading Lady is in some shelter being fitted with 2 huge volvo penta diesels in upgrade & by the look of things (as usualy occurs) the owner is out of cash & patience. http://oakview.com/Cary.htmthis one is reasonable http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1988-Cary-50-92706352I know there is a non-MVorig. MV38KV w/o engines in spain for our european fans it was quite cheap.

• 1 year later...