Bruce Willis sings?!?!

Lar

Yep, it's true. Just as DJ and PMT put out two albums apiece in the 80's, so did Bruce Willis. I've known about these for awhile, I found the vinyl of his first album in our basement years ago, and recently took the plunge and bought used copies of the CD releases. They're surprisingly good. I even burnt a CD for the car. Very fun albums, especially the first one. I genuinely like them.(I have a feeling Viceman Cometh will know of these, even if he doesn't share my opinion of them!)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildAnd just so you get a little taste of the actual singing, here's some Youtube clips (these were all songs featured on his more well-known first album):Respect Yourself (yep, that Willis' song in S3's "Lend Me an Ear!")

Under the Boardwalk:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKtt5oeKa8wComin' Right Up (my favorite of his):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L50tlMzdwR4Secret Agent Man (a tribute video to Alias, but that't Bruce singing):
Fun Time:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBzKwEetWnYDown in Hollywood:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NbXlhByWvkJackpot (Bruno's Bop)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctC8PKM_gdEAnyone else get a kick out of this? Maybe I'm a sucker for these celebrity albums; Both of DJ's are excellent (and underrated), PMT's, well, not so much;). Willis doesn't have a great singing voice, but since it's more party, sing-along rock, it doesn't really matter, IMO.

Lar, I forgot that Bruce Willis sang. I remember hearing him and he was good. Jazzy type song I heard years ago. And heard he sang at a club. Doesn't he own one with someone else or perhaps he sang with John Goodman and the Blues club. I don't remember this was so long ago..And he has a voice, different from DJ, but Dj can also sing and wrote music, his and with friends like Dickie Betts and the Almans sang it. I saw a photo on Org. him singing with the Almans and believe it was a well know song that he and Dickie wrote. Thanks for this.

That version of 'Respect yourself' was a pretty big hit for a while....I remember the video being in high rotation. I think he still tours with his band once in a while, as does Gary Sinise of CSI: New York/Forrest Gump fame.

Yeah, if y'all remember the David Addison character on Moonlighting, he was always singing -- Good Love, Limbo Rock, etc. It probably seemed like a natural fit to release a Bruce album. In truth, his vocal range is very limited (DJ is a much better singer), but his album definitely was fun. You can hear Respect Yourself in the S3 Vice ep Lend me an Ear, when Duddy is doing the sweep for bugs (but I'm sure you already knew that).Bruce continues to sing and play harmonica to this day, and even goes on little tours from time to time with his band. The name escapes me now, it's something like the Radiators.

Thanks for the clips. He isn't that bad of a singer,I've heard worse. I'm a sucker for celebrity albums. Although PMT's albums are really hard to find...

Thanks for the clips. He isn't that bad of a singer' date='I've heard worse. I'm a sucker for celebrity albums. Although PMT's albums are really hard to find...[/quote']PMT's albums, hoo boy. His debut ("Living the Book of My Life", the title track of which he sings accapella in "The Maze") was never released on CD, only on vinyl and cassette. Would you believe I have both? The cassette is still sealed, and the vinyl I transferred over to mp3, and then to CD, obviously (despite the conversion, the vinyl sound quality is actually well retained). That said, the album is pretty terrible.His second album, "Somebody" was released on vinyl and CD, and I'd presume cassette, though I've never seen one. I payed out the nose for a CD copy, which is ridiculously rare. His second album is a bit better, though still no prize.But, I'm digressing. Bruce Willis put out better albums than PMT (sorry PMT).

PMT's albums' date=' hoo boy. His debut ("Living the Book of My Life", the title track of which he sings accapella in "The Maze") was never released on CD, only on vinyl and cassette. Would you believe I have both? The cassette is still sealed, and the vinyl I transferred over to mp3, and then to CD, obviously (despite the conversion, the vinyl sound quality is actually well retained). That said, the album is pretty terrible.His second album, "Somebody" was released on vinyl and CD, and I'd presume cassette, though I've never seen one. I payed out the nose for a CD copy, which is ridiculously rare. His second album is a bit better, though still no prize.But, I'm digressing. Bruce Willis put out better albums than PMT (sorry PMT).[/quote']I knew there was a reason why I've never seen his stuff

I knew there was a reason why I've never seen his stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv2iLzhS-SgThis is edited (maybe a single version?), the album version is a bit longer (mostly due to an electronic version of PMT breaking in to talk/sing periodically. It's actually better than it sounds, and believe it or not, this is one of the album's better tracks, IMO).But I don't want to get too off track here. That Willis commercial posted earlier is awesome. And no, he doesn't have great range, I'd agree that DJ is a better singer, but like I said, it's supposed to be an album you sing along to. Real party rock.