Miami pics

Tommy Vercetti

• 2 weeks later...

All is not destruction and loss on Miami Beach's Star Island.  This video shows the 1931 home at 22 Star Island in the process of being moved on industrial-grade wheels to the other side of the property, where it will be rotated, placed on a new foundation, and fully restored.  Great that the owner has agreed to save the home, after large interest from residents to preserve the home - one of the earliest remaining on Star Island.

https://www.facebook.com/browniecompanies/videos/1060582337314260/

• Like 2

Matt you can shrink those pics using Microsoft Office Picture Manager, Paint or a number of other programs, or put them on Photobucket.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2016 at 0:47 AM, miamijimf said:

Matt you can shrink those pics using Microsoft Office Picture Manager, Paint or a number of other programs, or put them on Photobucket.

Great Jim - I will try :D

• 2 months later...

I have a ton of photos from a recent trip to Miami which I was gonna post but you can now only fit one photo per post. You used to be able to fit up to 15. I could post the recent photos but the Recents file would be dominated and filled up with this thread if I did. Some mightn't like that. Should I or shouldn't I?

Edited by Tommy Vercetti

I want to see them, but I don't know how you should post them.  Can you put them on an image-hosting site?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Some great pics _ ive been quiet in last three weeks been in South of France and Italy on vacation :D:D

A few art deco buildings in South of France near Monte Carlo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Tony D. said:

That last one with the reflections is a beauty, Matt !   :thumbsup:

Thanks Tony !

I believe the lite - up metrorail/ mover we see this in the big screen Miami Vice movie 

:D

On 10/30/2016 at 1:49 PM, Matt5 said:

Maybe Jim could confirm if this is the same location seen in the big screen Miami Vice movie ?!:D

Sorry, I saw it the movies years ago and didn't think enough of it to buy the DVD.

• Administrators
On 31/10/2016 at 4:49 AM, Matt5 said:

Maybe Jim could confirm if this is the same location seen in the big screen Miami Vice movie ?!:D

The metromover is seen in the beginning of the movie, but it looks like a different location to me. Not sure if they got back later on in the movie, been a long time since I've seen it. It isn't really a movie which I watch frequently. 

2e37uoo.png

On 11/1/2016 at 6:12 AM, James said:

The metromover is seen in the beginning of the movie, but it looks like a different location to me. Not sure if they got back later on in the movie, been a long time since I've seen it. It isn't really a movie which I watch frequently. 

2e37uoo.png

Thanks for info Jim ! I think you are right its a different location - in the original picture it is Brickell in the background which would be the same in the picture above when looking right of the picture above. 

I know what you mean I rarely watch the 2006 movie !

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Thanks for info Jim ! I think you are right its a different location - in the original picture it is Brickell in the background which would be the same in the picture above when looking right of the picture above. 

I know what you mean I rarely watch the 2006 movie !

I'm not Jim. :)

On 06/06/2008 at 10:05 PM, Tommy Vercetti said:

The Fontainebleau, as seen in Scarface, Goldfinger & Police Academy 5:Eingefügtes BildThe Fontainebleau mural, as seen in the nightdriving scene in Death & The Lady, is sadly no longer there:Then:Eingefügtes BildNow:

I couldn't beleive they removed the Fountainbleu mural, driving along Collins Ave just isn't the same anymore.

13 minutes ago, PGJ said:

I couldn't beleive they removed the Fountainbleu mural, driving along Collins Ave just isn't the same anymore.

I agree - very sad .

This first picture view of The Fontaineblea was also seen of course in "Rites of Passage " from Season 1:)

• 7 months later...