this is soo sad! :(

himenokuri

Steven Curtis Chapman's 5 year old daughter was killed in a car accident the news from CMT: The 5-year-old daughter of contemporary Christian singer-songwriter Steven Curtis Chapman died after being struck by an SUV in the driveway of the family's Nashville-area home late Wednesday afternoon (May 21). Maria Sue Chapman was playing in the area with several other children. Her teenaged brother did not see her in the driveway when he struck her with the Toyota Land Cruiser he was driving. A spokesman for the Tennessee Highway Patrol termed it "a terrible accident" and said no charges are expected to be filed. The child was the youngest in the family and one of three daughters adopted by Chapman and wife Mary Beth. The entire family was home at the time of the accident. Steven Curtis Chapman, 45, has won 51 Dove awards from the Gospel Music Association and five Grammys. :rain::rain::cry: I am lifting up a prayer for SCC and his family and even his son who has to live with so much guilt for a long time

I used to listen to him on Christian Radio years ago when I was big into Being Born again. I was trying to find my way and found out about a few religions. But I loved his music. Oh man that is just too sad. Little kids and animals always the innocent.....May God watch over the family and his little one be an angel.......:cry:

It´s always atrocious to loose a child, but it´s the worst thing that can happen if you or another member of your family cause the accident. It´ll be very difficult to live with that guilt.Christine

It's a damned shame.....the sort of thing that haunts you for a lifetime. I'm glad that he has some faith and strong beliefs to get him through this. God Bless.

You need more than faith to get through something like this. Ten years ago I had a very bad accident with the car. An eight year old boy drove with his new bike downhill to a crossing. I came from the right and so I had the right of way. I drove Veeeery slowly and that was luck for that boy. He crashed into my car, fell to the ground and didn´t say a word after this. The police came, the ambulance, the emergency doctor and a helicopter. The boy was taken to a hospital in Bonn. It was a bad time, but he got healthy again. That was lucky! But for a long time I had problems each time I had to frive along that street and in a lot of nights I woke up after a nightmare in which I saw that boy with his yellow bike crashing into my car.Christine

You need more than faith to get through something like this. Ten years ago I had a very bad accident with the car. An eight year old boy drove with his new bike downhill to a crossing. I came from the right and so I had the right of way. I drove Veeeery slowly and that was luck for that boy. He crashed into my car' date=' fell to the ground and didn´t say a word after this. The police came, the ambulance, the emergency doctor and a helicopter. The boy was taken to a hospital in Bonn. It was a bad time, but he got healthy again. That was lucky! But for a long time I had problems each time I had to frive along that street and in a lot of nights I woke up after a nightmare in which I saw that boy with his yellow bike crashing into my car.Christine[/quote']I agree, while faith and hope aren't everything I'd rather have them than not; I'm glad that you and the boy survived this near tragic ordeal.

I saw his picture last in a newspaper when we all were asked about donations for hs father. Some people have more tough luck than others. His father got very bad injured by an accident that was caused by a driving beginner. Now he´s paralized from his chest. The only thing he can do on his own is to breath. That´s luck" I think we all remember Christopher Reeve who hadn´t that luck. But if you´re a normal man it´s hard to live without the possibility to earn your money.Christine