Episode 18 - Lend Me An Ear

miamijimf

Posted: 11 April 2007 at 11:51am by Matt5Testarossa Driving Scene (Crockett -"He won't give me a loan") I95 Downtown Miami. C&T turn onto the lower loop of the expressway towards the cream/red stripe building / raised metro rail ( seen exactly as in the episode) . Microsoft Live Link http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=n8vv6q89h65g&style=o&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=9419551&encType=1

Posted: 11 April 2007 at 1:47pm by airtommyFor some reason, I liked this little scene. I believe it has not been aired since the NBC days. I was trying to figure out where the camera was stationed. Perhaps a Brickell tower rooftop? Didja notice the East Coast Fisheries building visible in this scene?

Posted: 12 April 2007 at 8:05am by DanJIt would be interesting to figure out where the camera was stationed for that sweep shot of the Testarrosa on I-95. Then I could go out there and do a panoramic shot.I think we all know where Dykstra's place is. The one I'd like to know is where Duddy's place is.

Posted: 12 April 2007 at 3:14pm by airtommy Yep, I've hunted for Duddy's place but haven't found it. My gut says around Coconut Grove. Notice the tiny little strip of land jutting into the water behind the house.

Posted: 12 April 2007 at 10:41pm by SOFLAJEREMY

It would be interesting to figure out where the camera was stationed for that sweep shot of the Testarrosa on I-95. Then I could go out there and do a panoramic shot.looks like sw 9th street and sw 1 av from atop that building east of the tracks.

Posted: 15 April 2007 at 8:29pm by airtommyDuddy's house I think this near the end of San Pedro Avenue in Coral Gables overlooking Biscayne Bay. (click for larger images) http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f104/airtommy/MV%20satellite/Lend1.gif Eingefügtes Bildhttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f104/airtommy/MV%20satellite/Lend2.gifEingefügtes Bild

Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:02pm by Tom71You should consider to change your nick to VICEtommy! Great work!

Posted: 16 April 2007 at 4:12pm by airtommyHow about changing my status from "Vice Squad Detective" to "Google Earth Savant". Thanks guys, I'm having fun!

Posted: 22 April 2007 at 3:08am by Tom71now we gotta trace the boat race in the teaser of this episode. The night warehouse scenes were most likely filmed at Miami River.

Posted: 22 April 2007 at 12:06pm by Matt5boat race teaser looks like Biscayne Bay, Intracoastal around the Venetian / Sunset Is too me but I agree we will have to get more exact locations. I am pretty sure at one stage in the teaser we see one of the distinctive Venetian bridges which link the Islands

Posted: 23 April 2007 at 2:57am by airtommy Boat Chase Eingefügtes Bild 2:32-2:38 --- They are going NORTH under the eastern end of the Venetian Causeway. On their left is Belle Isle and on their right is Miami Beach. Then some random shots driving through the bay 2:44-2:49 --- They head into the entrance of the Collins Canal. You can see Belle Isle high-rise buildings behind them, several of which you can match up on bird's eye view. 3:22 --- They go under the footbridge at Liberty Ave, and then they exit Collins Canal and enter Lake Pancoast. Now we have a bunch of random shots of them in Collins Canal again. 3:32 --- This distinctive house flashes by. It is across the canal from the intersection of N. Michigan Ave & Dade Blvd. Eingefügtes Bild Ending: The boat exits Collins Canal, enters Lake Pancoast, jumps out of the water, crosses Collins Ave, and goes a little bit down 24th St.Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 29 March 2008 at 7:04pm by Tom71I did some episode stills today in the scene where Crockett and Tubbs enter Duddy´s house (San Pedro Ave, Coral Gables). The house number seems to be 182 but it is a little bit blurry. Can somebody confirm this?

• 4 years later...

Great - thankyou Nice locations in this episode :DThey rarely shot boat scenes down the canal by Abe Resnick Bvld so was good to see

Agree Matt but please call the Blvd by its original and rightful name- the Dade Boulevard. IMO the City made a huge mistake- Resnick was responsible for the destruction of a lot of historic buildings on Miami Beach. Just one of my pet peeves.

Agree Matt but please call the Blvd by its original and rightful name- the Dade Boulevard. IMO the City made a huge mistake- Resnick was responsible for the destruction of a lot of historic buildings on Miami Beach. Just one of my pet peeves.

Ha' date=' mine too. Well stated sir. I thought the same thing when I read that and I am sure others did as well.[/color']

Ha' date=' mine too. Well stated sir. I thought the same thing when I read that and I am sure others did as well.[/color']

Dade Bvld it is - strange they highlight as the other name too :D

• 2 months later...
Side note/Burn Notice connection. What kind of person lives next to Duddy? We find out in Burn Notice episode 75, Damned If You Do. A computer Virus creator is kidnaped out of the house next to Duddy's, 820 San Pedro Avenue at the tip. The funny thing is that in this episode the house is suppose to be in Puerto Rico.Eingefügtes Bildhttp://www.southfloridafilminglocations.com/page99.html

Side note/Burn Notice connection. What kind of person lives next to Duddy? We find out in Burn Notice episode 75" data-date=" Damned If You Do. A computer Virus creator is kidnaped out of the house next to Duddy">

http://www.southfloridafilminglocations.com/wpimages/wpe1a8252b.pnghttp://www.southfloridafilminglocations.com/page99.html

Interesting :D

• 3 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Belle Plaza Condominiums as we see in this episode.

Seen twice in this episode firstly in the teaser but more interestingly from the water and boat dock as Crockett, Tubbs and Stan are in the boat at nite.

A97698A8-AAA5-4909-89CA-7A372227F615.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Belle Plaza Condominiums as we see in this episode.

Seen twice in this episode firstly in the teaser but more interestingly from the water and boat dock as Crockett, Tubbs and Stan are in the boat at nite.

A97698A8-AAA5-4909-89CA-7A372227F615.jpeg

Do you know when they were built?  They very much remind me of these condominiums near us in Long Beach. These were built in 1962.  It’s called the Portifino.

666D70AB-2271-4886-99B0-D41DA8C10880.jpeg

Edited by pahonu