Guys and Dolls

CarolineUK

For my birthday in January 2007, my daughters and I went to see DJ as Nathan Detroit in the production in London. He may have filled out a little but when I closed my eyes and heard that voice .... oh my ... (shudder) ... he hadn't changed from MV days. It was one of the most brilliant nights. Didn't bother to go to the stage door to try for an autograph - it's nice remembering him as he was on the show & didn't want to be knocked back for a signature, you know?Sue(BTW For British folk - his co star that night was Samantha Janus who is now in Eastenders as Ronnie ... lucky mare!)

That's wonderful you got to see Don in Guys and Dolls, Sue:)I was hoping someone would tell us they got to see him:)

He was very charismatic. I'll find my programme and see if I can scan it onto my PC so I can upload onto the site.Sue

He was very charismatic. I'll find my programme and see if I can scan it onto my PC so I can upload onto the site.Sue

I would love to see the Program for Guys & Dolls:happy:

I've found my G&D programme & I'll scan it this weekend. To ease the confusion over having 2 Sue's on here, I won't sign my posts in future.

I'm sure there is room for 2 sue's! how about sue uk?? im disappointed i never got to see Don in G&D, the guy has a fantastic voice

So there's 2 Sue's on the board' date='confusing[/quote']Amber...lol...you are a laugh! I miss you girl.......

I'm sure there is room for 2 sue's! how about sue uk?? im disappointed i never got to see Don in G&D' date=' the guy has a fantastic voice[/quote']Lee, I think there is plenty of room for two of us Sue's...lol.....Thanks. I'd love to see DJ in Guys and Dolls, I hear his reviews were very good, where they, ohter sue? lol....that felt funny, what a laugh, eh?:D And you are one of the lucky ones to have seen the show. Lee you going or isn't he still playing in it?

The show only lasted from late 2006 to April 2007. DJ took over in the role in London from Patrick Swayze who they said was unwell after just a few weeks. Sadly it makes sense now why Patrick bowed out - that was a year ago so maybe the symptoms were beginning then?

Most likely, though they said Patrick only had 3 months to live and that was at least 6 months back. That's a hell of a thing for anyone to go through. On a lighter note, I can't think of Guys and Dolls without Mark Hammil as Nathan Detroit in that Simpsons episode....

• 1 month later...

Guys & Dolls programme - London 2007Finally I've been able to scan in my programme as promised. Hope you enjoy the pics.CarolineUKEingefügtes Bild

Guys and Dolls programmeI'm having a few probs getting the pics onto this thread, however I've uploaded all three pics into the members picture gallery. I've only scanned in the pages that relate to DJ.CarolineUK

• Administrators

I'm having a few probs getting the pics onto this thread

This thread may help you ---> click to read! The lower part of the first post describes how to bring the pics into the thread.Always use the code given in the two white lines right beneath your uploaded pic.Anyway, I've seen Guys&Dolls as well. When we met DJ after the show I was able to get my DVD signed but - believe me - i forgot to give him the programme for signing ... *sigh* :birdie: