Yahoo! Slurp Spider

timm525

• Administrators

I just noticed that if you click on "Quick Links" tab and then click on "Who's Online" you see a bunch (depending on time of day) of "Yahoo! Slurp Spider" users under the "User Name" heading.I'm wondering if these are the spiders that are responsible for crashing .org?How are they on here and shouldn't they have to be a "registered" user?Just a thought.Any way to prevent this?

• Administrators

I just noticed that if you click on "Quick Links" tab and then click on "Who's Online" you see a bunch (depending on time of day) of "Yahoo! Slurp Spider" users under the "User Name" heading. I'm wondering if these are the spiders that are responsible for crashing .org? How are they on here and shouldn't they have to be a "registered" user? Just a thought. Any way to prevent this?

Don't worry about the spiders. You can find Google and other spiders, too. The spiders are helpful to get a good ranking within the search engines. They don't have to be registered as they can not see personal data such as user profiles etc. If they can cause the service unavailable at .org I don't know.

Oh, quit being so frickin' coy. If something slurps and makes you say yahoo! it's not a big leap to think the thread may not be the cleanest on the forum.

Oh' date=' quit being so frickin' coy. If something slurps and makes you say yahoo! it's not a big leap to think the thread may not be the cleanest on the forum.[/quote']VC you are so cute....:)Yes, if it slurps and ISN"T a spider and says Yahoo! Then it's a beer slurping Yahoo cowboy riding in a saddle....:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

II'm wondering if these are the spiders that are responsible for crashing .org?

I think it was SEARCH ROBOTS that keep crashing .org. :cry: