The Official Crockett Style Shoes Thread

DanJ

Okay gang, whenever you spot shoes in the style that Crockett wore, post it here.For a start,a friend called me up a few minutes ago. He was shopping at his neighborhood Marshall's and saw some MV style slip-on's, for $19.99! Since I am on the 'net, I asked him for the make, model, etc., to look them up. I struck out on Marshall's web site, but a Google search turned up the following:Eingefügtes BildTretorn, Strand Perf, White/SilverThe white ones shown above look best to me, but if you want them in black, check below:Tretorn, Strand Perf, Black/SilverCheck your local Marshall's for these in white, for less than $20!

I saw a pair of shoes like that when I was out looking for shoes last week, I didn't like the pattern on them. I prefer them to be plain white with no pattern at all.

• Administrators

I bought the plain white ones from Payless Shoes Store in Tampa a few months ago. They are made by Dexter and sold for $24.99.Also found a pair (almost identical) made by Perry Top-Sider. Don't remember where or how much on them. Bought them off the net. Most likely do a google of the name.These are the same plain white ones K-Mart and Walmart used to sell for about $5.99. :radar::radar::radar:

I bought the plain white ones from Payless Shoes Store in Tampa a few months ago. They are made by Dexter and sold for $24.99.

Those seem like the same ones I bought at a Payless here in Ohio.Eingefügtes BildNot perfect, I could do without the black border (?), but IMO close enough.

• Administrators
Those seem like the same ones I bought at a Payless here in Ohio.Eingefügtes BildNot perfect' date=' I could do without the black border (?), but IMO close enough.[/quote']Dats dem!

Shoebuy.com has some white more dress type by Giorgio Brutini that are very close to the ones Sonny wore in Bought And Paid For.Around $60 if I recall.

• 14 years later...

It's totally Izzy! So seedy-looking. And that USA - Italy - Spain (misspelled 'Span' lol)  ... "The only way this guy ever got to any of these places is from extradition" :):):)

Edited by johnnyfarragut
  • Haha 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Damn, if those 9M were a half size smaller, they'd fit me. I have a pair that are very similar but they're also a 9, and also a tad big. They were only $5 so I said "F--- it" and bought 'em anyway lol.

As for my collection, I posted this pic some time ago. Some of these are gone, and some aren't nearly as fresh as they used to be. Don't worry about them getting scuffed, I rotate them often, and have at least a dozen more for sale that I've been watching for months or even years now. None too expensive either IMO. I'll post pics of those soon too.

IMG_20210813_163811253.jpg

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 3

Here's 2 pairs I've been eyeing for a while now since they're the 2 pairs that are NOT cheap. Someday I'll finally pull the trigger.....

m_wp_640a896961497311f24122c7.webp

m_wp_64422acf7dfcc2ba73beb7bd.webp

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Here's 2 pairs I've been eyeing for a while now since they're the 2 pairs that are NOT cheap. Someday I'll finally pull the trigger.....

Nice pieces.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 10:35 AM, TylerDurden389 said:

I love those perforations on the front of the shoe. Really gives them an edge in terms of style on other slip-on shoes.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I discovered this thread today. I posted some Crockett type shoes I'm getting soon on the Fashion forum, but should have put them here. Reposting for gits and shiggles20240229_053842.thumb.jpg.902e569f3e9c6d7114fea38abc15192e.jpg

9 hours ago, Party_car1 said:

Sonny1.thumb.jpg.13106c44d63764c5e29f06f97b9bf5d6.jpgSmartSelect_20240228_205544_Etsy.thumb.jpg.9dea58f21510bbf57e8733514b1a0913.jpg

These up pretty good. I think the heel will always make it look like they are for an older person, and I personally prefer (including for Crockett style) flat soled ones, though that perforation is nice. 

Speaking of perforation, I really like this model from Tommy Bahama.

tommy-bahama-CREAM-Jaali-Canvas-Loafers.thumb.png.43397a1bcfd63a81cdde3df031916fe3.png

This is when I had them still new.

pic.thumb.jpg.532c25da0a88d2c896253c151f05b685.jpg

Then I got dumb enough to use them as backyard work shoes thinking I'd just buy another pair, just to find out stupid Tommy Bahama doesn't make this style anymore which they substituted with much uglier loafers.

Edited by Paul Veres

1 hour ago, Paul Veres said:

Speaking of perforation, I really like this model from Tommy Bahama.

tommy-bahama-CREAM-Jaali-Canvas-Loafers.thumb.png.54b4019f41a10cd266aec82c8a9b3b6c.png

This is when I had them still new.

image.thumb.png.8d7ec9f0188e5714c544b1aea7e2828b.png

Then I got dumb enough to use them as backyard work shoes thinking I'd just buy another pair, just to find out stupid Tommy Bahama doesn't make this style anymore which they substituted with much uglier loafers.

Photos will not load for me (iPhone) :birdie:

8 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Same here ... Even on the computer ;(

59 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Weird! Here is the first photo:

tommy-bahama-CREAM-Jaali-Canvas-Loafers.thumb.png.3ec9f776d106716ed6913890a99957c5.png

• Like 1