Burn Notice

miamijimf

Tommy, I'm with you about 23.9%.It's not as bad as you describe, but I did make an effort to watch, and get into the characters, but too much was missing, and I stopped watching. I had a bunch of episodes on my DVR, but deleted them all. Still, I will give it another chance when it is back (it's the glutton for punishment characteristic of all Jersey boys). If it's as bland as before, I will surely lose interest once again.

That's Ok Tommy, not everybody likes the show. Maybe some of us are watching it through rose colored glasses because it's filmed in Miami. Would I lose interest if it moves to another city (which is a real possibility)? Probably. But I think it's worth watching. There isn't much on TV these days that is, you must admit. I enjoy the Miami scenes, partly because it is my home town which needs the revenue and publicity but also because the show uses some Vice locations, props, and plot elements. Gabrielle Anwar has a few miles on her but is still good looking and Bruce Campbell is funny. Best of all it gives those of us who like to find filming locations an entire set of new spots to find. As a photographer who has taken great shots of Miami, I would think there is something in it for you as well. If you watch a few more episodes in Jan you may change your mind.

Thanks for the responses guys. Sorry if I annoyed anyone but it's just my opinion :done:There'll never be another Vice. that's for sure

There'll never be another Vice. that's for sure

You got that right brother!The story line is ok and the actors are also ok and Campbell is definitelly funny, but the story lines are starting to get stale as the formula is getting old. Don't get me wrong, as I like the show very much, but they need to mix it up a bit as some of the story lines are a bit too unrealistic.There isn't too much on Tv that I like as not many shows have come out that appeal to me but this one has caught my attention.

BN on DVDI bought the first season a few weeks ago in Target for $19.99. I missed the initial launch of the pilot and a number of the first few weeks of eps. I've always liked the show, of course, this is why I bought the first season. But I have to admit since seeing the whole thing from the beginning I have a much better understanding and appreciation for Burn.Pro's1. Miami of course2. Michael wears really nice suits. Armani I think. 3. Great hand to hand fight scenes4. Ms. Anwar and those barely there outfits5. The music is cool... not typical, although could stand out a little more6. The voice over stuff doesn't bother me as it does some of the members here7. Did I say Miami?8. Michael, Sam, Fi. Bruce Campbell is a hoot!Cons1. The family element is the most unrealistic thing about this show. The mother is a mess. I think in reality, most moms would want to be as far away from Michael's trouble (and death) as possible.2. The brother is equally as irritating.3. His ex's (Anwar) Irish accent in the pilot...(irritating) Glad that decided to ditch that character element.4. He needs a really bad ass car. A new Challenger maybe? The old charger is cool, but I keep getting a BLADE vibe from this car.5. By now, everyone knows where he lives. Hell, we never found out where Tubbs lived for all five seasons of VICE.6. Some of the stories need a change in direction. Have Mike and his crew stumble into a bar after a hard case and lets hear them exchange stories about some of their own exploits. Maybe give us a little more insight into Mikes background even.My $0.02!

Right' date=' and Vice was so realistic, lol. The show returns on January 22nd.[/quote']Let me explain Shred...At least MV had good story lines that yes...were above the "it might happen" threshold, but BN I noticed after a marathon viewing started to get a littel too predictable! In some episodes I could see the double twists in the charachters and that the story line would do a right turn about halfway. It doesn't take a genious to figrue it out , but it is rather entertaining.MV at least had good plot lines that kept me on the couch on Friday nights and also the plot endings let the bad guys win too! You NEVER saw that before on TV before MV was aired! (remember I'm an old fart here on this board and I remember TV in the sixties and seventies with the good Christian values and plots. MV was breakthrough television for the day.Not to belittle BN but it is just rehashed a bit but I don't mind because the fight scenes and the gimics (very McGiverish) are very cool. BN is nothing new.......just freshened up and still entertaining.

Good points Stinger. Yes I think the biggest mistake is probably to watch several eps in a row as you mentioned. A little bit same old same old.But in saying that quite good, entertainment though.Sams good valueJust to go off the path a bit. Have you noticed the way BN is shot seems to be more realistic the CSI Miami. In CSI all the out door shots are so bright and vivid. The sky is so blue with never a cloud in it.But with BN yeah you get some sunny days and you get some overcast days.Also the houses, buildings, etc in CSI are all so glamorous, where is in BN you get to see a lot of Joe average stuff. I would say probably a more realistic view of Miami.Have they announced a release date for the S2 DVD yet?

I'm so happy that USA has finally given a start up date. They kept saying in Jan. And now it's Jan. 22nd for the start up......Can't wait, love this show! Sue

• 1 month later...

If anyone has a PVR please record BN and post it on bittorrent. Us Canadians in the GREAT WHITE NORTH don't get BN up here and I do not have a dish. (The dish used to be a bird bath but now the water is frozen so its a hocky rink for sparrows)I need my new BN fix..................!!!!!

Just a few hours to go 'til the new episode! I have a prior commitment so I won't be able to watch along with y'all tonight, but the DVR is locked and loaded! Oh yeah!

• Administrators
You can watch episodes online' date=' I think the USA Network make them available a day or two after they air.[/quote']But they still may not be available North of the border. Last time I was in Canada I tried NBC.com for a Vice episode and it was not available except in the U.S.

Yo,guys,I just saw it 20 minutes ago,suprising developments this time!I won't say what to spoil it for people unable to watch it or forgot it was on or your cables out or dish box won't work because the blimp shaped thing sticking out has lockheed martin written on it.(my last divorce!)

Pretty good show last night, lots of new action, bikinis etc. Only problem I have is they follow the same format every show: Michael tries to help a stupid person while he searches for who burned him. I could write a lot of different story lines for a spy in Miami, couldn't you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'd like to see an episode where Michael takes Fiona out for a good meal. If she gets any skinnier she's gonna disappear.