Burn Notice

miamijimf

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for posting. Interesting but not a huge loss since Burn Notice filmed its last episode in 2013. Not a huge twitter fan, you can follow some interesting people but you frequently get just bits and pieces of a conversation.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Michael's loft 528 NW 7th Ave Miami, now gone.  Photo found by Paul Hampton Crockett in Motor Boating Magazine, 1967.

16722643_1395320563846570_3524833747324133105_o.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

"Now gone"? Did they demolish it? :( That was a tourist attraction among Burn Notice fans... 

8 hours ago, James said:

"Now gone"? Did they demolish it? :( That was a tourist attraction among Burn Notice fans... 

Yes it was but unfortunately it was torn down in Jan 2013.  It was replaced by an empty lot.  Typical.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Yes it was but unfortunately it was torn down in Jan 2013.  It was replaced by an empty lot.  Typical.

That's sad. Time to remove it from my bucket list. :(

• 2 months later...

I just watched the scene in Vice's Freefall again where Tubbs gets rescued and the trailer by the river gets shot to pieces by the Swat Team.  I would bet that's where the Burn Notice writers got the idea for a very similar scene in the season seven episode Forget Me Not.  Burn Notice fans should remember this episode where Fiona is held hostage and Michael uses a quote from their past in Ireland to save her as friendly machine gunners shoot the trailer to shreds.  The roof finally collapses, just like in Freefall.   The connections between these two shows are amazing.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 2017-5-13 at 1:55 PM, miamijimf said:

I just watched the scene in Vice's Freefall again where Tubbs gets rescued and the trailer by the river gets shot to pieces by the Swat Team.  I would bet that's where the Burn Notice writers got the idea for a very similar scene in the season seven episode Forget Me Not.  Burn Notice fans should remember this episode where Fiona is held hostage and Michael uses a quote from their past in Ireland to save her as friendly machine gunners shoot the trailer to shreds.  The roof finally collapses, just like in Freefall.   The connections between these two shows are amazing.

"Fiona, time to be brave, little angel."

• Like 1

16 hours ago, James said:

"Fiona, time to be brave, little angel."

Yep you are a BN fan, that's the quote Michael uses.  Also I quickly looked up the addresses and both the Freefall and BN filming locations were on South River Drive and only about four and a half blocks away from one another.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Yep you are a BN fan, that's the quote Michael uses.  

An episode per night just after Miami Vice. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Good job Charlie on the episode - Game Change.  Zaza, a 95 foot yacht is a stand in for the drug cartel yacht at the end.  Normally it is docked in Ft. Lauderdale and runs charters.  This info is from a fan on the Burn Notice web site, which looks like it's no longer active.  Probably good info but I have been unable to confirm it on line or by speaking to two charter companies.  But there are lots of yachts in Lauderdale.        

• 1 year later...

This location, near 8000 block Biscayne, is where BN starts (posing as Nigeria):

bnnigeria.jpg.bd0733ada14bdaf4d4239688301729b2.jpg

CGlide says it was used in Bad Boys.  Was it seen in other BN episodes or in other movies?  I don't think it was used in Miami Vice, was it?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, airtommy said:

This location, near 8000 block Biscayne, is where BN starts (posing as Nigeria):

bnnigeria.jpg.bd0733ada14bdaf4d4239688301729b2.jpg

CGlide says it was used in Bad Boys.  Was it seen in other BN episodes or in other movies?  I don't think it was used in Miami Vice, was it?

Must've been a lot of work to dress it up. I remember they had a bunch of stands/stores everywhere and really gave it that African feel. 

6 hours ago, James said:

Must've been a lot of work to dress it up. I remember they had a bunch of stands/stores everywhere and really gave it that African feel. 

Yes, absolutely!  I guess since it was the pilot episode they had a bigger budget than normal.

bnpilot2.png.3b1d3987d5dceb1b7966447fe87ad4c5.png

bnpilot1.png.4afcabffe83594e0d1aad08cea852545.png

7 hours ago, James said:

airtommy asked if this location "was  in other BN episodes or in other movies?  I don't think it was used in Miami Vice, was it?"

bnnigeria.jpg.bd0733ada14bdaf4d4239688301729b2.jpg.bb033faee04abaf72df753fa852ddc85.jpg

I can't find it in Miami Vice but according to my Burn Notice notes that show used the area frequently besides the Pilot in these episodes:  A Dark Road, Breach of Faith, Down and Out, Down Range, and Reckoning.  I haven't looked at these episodes to double check but this is probably correct.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

Thanks for the like.  That's one advantage of my book in Word or PDF.  With the search features you can search all these shows by address, name, date etc etc.  CGlide can search this way in his own unique database.

Edited by miamijimf

• 9 months later...

Wish more fans would get interested in Burn Notice.  Jeffrey Donovan is no Don Johnson, but who is?  Lots of similarities with Vice and lots of unknown Miami filming locations to suss out.  I suspect it may be the closest we ever get to a revival of Vice.  The DVDs are not that expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07mHepEWAWw

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Wish more fans would get interested in Burn Notice.  Jeffrey Donovan is no Don Johnson, but who is?  Lots of similarities with Vice and lots of unknown Miami filming locations to suss out.  I suspect it may be the closest we ever get to a revival of Vice.  The DVDs are not that expensive.

Burn Notice is a great show. An ex spy dropped into Miami where he connects with his ex GF and buddy. 

Only have a couple seasons on DVD but I should order the set.  

• Like 1

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

I agree. It's an amazing show. I'd definitely call it my favourite show beginning in the 00s decade and one of my favourites of the 21st century for sure. I binge watch it at least once a year. 

• Like 2