Burn Notice

miamijimf

I watched it' date=' thought it was business as usual for Michael & crew. What I didn't like was how easily Mike fell for Harlan's story. Someone with as many problems as Mike should've been more suspicious, especially of someone in his own former line of work! I suspect it will get better as the season continues. The show is worth watching for the scenes of Miami alone![/quote']Good points F-Man. I think this is one of the best shows out there right now and I hope they shake things up a bit and don't move from Miami.

Season 2 is coming out next week.A couple of friends brought Burn Notice to my attention and I was HOOKED after the pilot episode. One guy said, "It's like Magnum PI meets MacGiver in Miami". "Really?" Not being a big MacGiver fan, I was not in a hurry to see it. Man, was I wrong! This was bad for me because I am already addicted to 'Chuck'. I hate being addicted to TV shows. You know, planning your weekly schedule around your shows.I am counting down the days to go get the Season 2 set. And I am really reconsidering getting cable again so I can watch the new season.

In the BN S3 opening episode, Fiona and Harlan (Guest character of the week) hotwire a garbage truck. Couldn't help but remember when Noogy and Izzie stole the cement truck...

I thought that too!

In the BN S3 opening episode' date=' Fiona and Harlan (Guest character of the week) hotwire a garbage truck. Couldn't help but remember when Noogy and Izzie stole the cement truck...[/quote']Yeah I thought of that too, except Fi was much better at it. She seemed to know what she was doing. Izzy and Noogie just finally lucked into it after several tries. :D

That was a potentially "shocking" bit! And you almost have to be Latin or at least speak Spanish to dig the curses that Izzy mutters when at first the truck won't start!

USA today Entertainment - Neilsons Burn Notice #1 on Cablehttp://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/nielsens-charts.htmI read in the USAtoday entertainment section Nielson Ratings that Burn Notice was the top show on Cable this week and it was 6 million. Royal Pains only lost a fraction of Burn Notice's lead-in RP was 5.6 million.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest neworder

Been meaning to watch this show for a while, read about it on the net and been dipping in and out of this thread; finally got round to watching last night/today, seen the first 3 eps.Quite good, amusing, innovative, decent music, nicely shot, lots of Miami shots; nice to see a TV show actually using Miami as its actual filming local instead of the shameful L.A use in CSI Miami. Shall continue to watch, it's got me hooked.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, gang. I've been posting BN location trivia at the BN board but thought I'd share this one with y'all, if for no other reason than to keep this thread moving along. The house pictured below is seen at night. Name the episode and scene:Eingefügtes Bild

Way to go, Jim! :clap:Timm, my information is that this house, which is in Hollywood, Florida, was not built until the mid 1990's. If this is correct, there is no way this house could have appeared in MV.

Hi Timm, Ramirez's house is different in that this house is sort of Mediterranean, whereas his house was straight modern. Ramirez' house was actually the same house used in "Killshot". It's found on Hibiscus Island in the middle of Biscayne Bay.

Anyone here see last night's BN? Am I the only one who thinks that was the weirdest episode yet? I was having flashbacks to Trudy, houseboats and peanut butter...

i saw some of it. i haven't watched enough eps to guage how relatively weird it was, but it was pretty wierd :)looks great in HD! cool show. great cinematography. i like csi miami colors better, but BN is really cool.

• Administrators
Anyone here see last night's BN? Am I the only one who thinks that was the weirdest episode yet? I was having flashbacks to Trudy' date=' houseboats and peanut butter...[/quote']Dan, did you notice that the part of Spenser was played by the actor Michael Weston? Also, the producer was named Terry Miller, another of Michael's alias'

Dan' date=' did you notice that the part of Spenser was played by the actor Michael Weston? Also, the producer was named Terry Miller, another of Michael's alias'[/quote']Awesome!

Dan' date=' did you notice that the part of Spenser was played by the actor Michael Weston?Also, the producer was named Terry Miller, another of Michael's alias'[/quote']That's right, F-Man!I found Spenser rather irritating. His insecure snibbling got old quickly. Hank Weldon was a similar loony-tuney type, but Hank was amusing with his impressions and snappy comebacks. Michael Weston would have done well to watch "Out Where The Buses Don't Run" as a study for the Spenser character. Then Spenser might have been more enjoyable.I maintain: So far this is the weirdest BN episode I've seen. After all his alien paranoia, it would have been fitting to have Spenser end up in a quarry at the end, waiting for the Mother Ship to arrive.BTW they missed a detail: How come Spenser didn't have his roof lined with aluminum foil like so many other alien phobes?

Okay you GE Guru's, identify this BN scene. Name the episode and what takes place. Extra credit if you can identify where this is.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

What, no takers? They figured it out on the BN board quick!Okay, y'all get one more chance to figure out the question above, and while you're at it you can figure out this one:Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

Dan I'm sorry to say that as much as I love "Burn Notice" I'm not as sharp with the locations as I am with Vice. :cry:at least not yet!