Burn Notice

miamijimf

Sadly being outside the US' date=' we can't access the video on nbc :-([/quote']You didn't miss anything, it was a dumb skit. But it shows BN is getting recognition. Jeffrey Donovan wrote, ""You have to be doing something right for them to make fun of you."

I'm finally getting back into BN. I watched episode 9 last night of Season 2. S2 has been great so far. I have to catch up to S3. Good show.

I've just finished watching - and enjoying - my box set of BN Series One & I'm going back to rewatch it from the start so I can appreciate the scenery and the developing characters. Series Two is actually coming out later this month here in the UK so I'm currently looking online to find the best bargain.

For anyone in the UK interested in seeing BN, the bad news is that Series 2 isn't coming out on dvd here until the beginning of April now BUT the good news is that they are going to be showing BN on Fiver channel - which is an offshoot of Channel Five - so it might be shown on a more frequent basis than currently on the FX channel. Fingers crossed x (If only a UK channel would pick up on repeats of Nash Bridges, I'd be a very happy lady)

Okay, gang, here's one for the "Burn Notice - Miami Vice Connection" book:In last week's episode "Enemies Closer" when Michael and Carlos park in front of the Hotel Victor listening in on the fake Justino with a parabolic microphone, might Michael have had the feeling he was being watched?The reason I ask is because they were parked pretty much at the same spot where Crockett & Tubbs pull over to watch "Skates" selling drugs in Lummus Park in the MV episode "Out Where The Buses Don't Run."Makes me wonder - was Little Richard preaching religion and was Hank Weldon photographing Michael And Carlos from a neighboring balcony whilst drinking Nicollelo's clam juice?

Looking at the ratings, this doesn't look good. Last summer the ratings were excellent, but they started low in January and they are dropping steadily. I'm sure there will be a spike for the finale as always.This is a photo taken by DanJ. Keep an eye out for this location in the explosive March 4 season finale . . .Eingefügtes Bild

Guest neworder

Looking at the ratings' date='[/url'] this doesn't look good. Last summer the ratings were excellent, but they started low in January and they are dropping steadily.

I've noticed this too, I'm upto episode 5 of Season 3 slowly catching up and I'm enjoying Season 3 very much so far, much more than I was enjoying Season 2 at the same point, Season 2 didn't get really good for me until Double Booked.Has the episode quality gone down since the January start to warrant the lower ratings or is it just sod's law for Burn Notice???

Has the episode quality gone down since the January start to warrant the lower ratings or is it just sod's law for Burn Notice???

I never thought the episode quality was all that high to begin with, so I'm not the person to ask. :)I do think that there is some fatigue by fans, especially since they haven't moved the story along at all. Michael's progress on resolving his "burn notice" amounts to running on a treadmill. The same can be said about his relationship with Fiona, which is the thing female viewers are most interested in.

I never thought the episode quality was all that high to begin with' date=' so I'm not the person to ask. :)I do think that there is some fatigue by fans, especially since they haven't moved the story along at all. Michael's progress on resolving his "burn notice" amounts to running on a treadmill. The same can be said about his relationship with Fiona, which is the thing female viewers are most interested in.[/quote']One analysis of the ratings blamed the decline partly on the Winter Olympics, figure skating etc. Hope they are right.

One analysis of the ratings blamed the decline partly on the Winter Olympics' date=' figure skating etc. Hope they are right.[/quote']I don't buy that, because the lackluster ratings started long before the Olympics.On the bright side, it seems like it's a fairly cheap show to make, with the free studio rental and all. So, USA might be OK with the current ratings.

• Administrators

I'm surprised nobody posted about a certain lighthouse used in last Thursday's episode!

I'm surprised nobody posted about a certain lighthouse used in last Thursday's episode!

Yes, apparently it's just as dangerous to meet someone there during the day as it is at night!:)

About when I spotted the lighthouse and the ratings.

I've been so busy at work, I'm not kept up with my posting. I scared my husband when I was watching it, because when they showed the light house and Crockett's walk area. I literally began screaming! He came running from the other room just to find out I was screaming because the light house and the walk where we walked in 2004 was in a Burn Notice Episode. I think he thought I was nuts!Burn Notice is now going up against Prime Time first run episodes. Most of the time It's the summer doldrums or lack of other choices. Now in the Winter time they went up against the Olympics, TNT Programming, First Run episodes on the networks. It's a lot different than when it's one of a few choices. Also Winter Olympics did take their toll. I'm an avid Burn Notice fan, but I was switching during commercials for the figure skating, and I know I missed alot of that episode, so I watched it at 1 AM, which I don't think they count in the ratings numbers.