Burn Notice

miamijimf

In last night's finale episode "The Devil You Know" there was a scene that took place but a stone's throw from Tony Amato's place.

Any idea where the opening scene of Lesser Evil was filmed? I looked around the area where the bridge was blown up, but I don't see anything. When Michael escapes on his Jetski, would can see some buildings in the background that seem to eliminate Virginia Key as a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Burn Notice has decided to change cities. We'll now be filming in Newark' date=' New Jersey. It's gonna rock! Nice..April Fools![/quote']The only pastel colors you might see in Newark will be the chalk outlines of the shooting victims! ;) (the real ones!)Hey sorry Mayor Booker, what can I say, sometimes the truth really hurts!

Hey sorry Mayor Booker' date=' what can I say, sometimes the truth really hurts![/quote']Got to give the guy props for this, even though there was some luck involved (what with people getting shot, but surviving the shooting):Eingefügtes BildNewark records first homicide-free month in more than 40 yearshttp://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/no_homocides_in_newark_for_one.html

• 2 weeks later...

From Twitter:BurnNotice_USA It's no joke... Seasons 4....5....6... ALL CONFIRMED. Season 4 premieres June 3rd. You keep watching and we'll keep making them :)

Guest neworder

From Twitter:BurnNotice_USA It's no joke... Seasons 4....5....6... ALL CONFIRMED. Season 4 premieres June 3rd. You keep watching and we'll keep making them :)

As much as I like Burn Notice, I really don't know how they are going to keep it going successfully for another 3 seasons. They will have to radically change the story-lines, it's already feeling a little tired in places. I always thought that Burn Notice would be a 5 season TV show tops, but then again it is the most popular show on Cable ...

I love the show, and if you have never checked out the USA website for the show, it is great. It is filled with information, games, and even detailed maps of Miami hot spots that the characters frequent. http://http://www.usanetwork.com/series/burnnotice/theshow/characterprofiles/michael/index.htmlClick on the "Spy Info" tab to access the map feature.

As much as I like Burn Notice' date=' I really don't know how they are going to keep it going successfully for another 3 seasons. They will have to radically change the story-lines, it's already feeling a little tired in places. I always thought that Burn Notice would be a 5 season TV show tops, but then again it is the most popular show on Cable ...[/quote']I just can't get involved with Burn Notice as I did Miami Vice. The locations are great, but Michael is no Sonny Crockett! His mother annoys me.I believe 25 years after Miami Vice, the technical side of filming TV shows has greatly improved, but the music, excitment & especially the cool :cool: of Miami Vice is not there!It also seems, in recent years, TV series are lasting many more seasons than in the 80's. Monk, Friends, etc.CSI Miami.......don't even go there!!! :p:thumbsdown::D

Can't wait for June!Well I'm a big Michael Westen fan, and I love Fi and Sam too, as for Sharon Gless, well I've always liked her. Madeline's character is quite interesting and it's developing nicely, she's also learning more about her son. I just finished a Burn Notice/Chuck X-over fan fic on fanfiction.net.("Chuck vs the Burn Notice") which I thought was an interesting mix of the characters from two tv shows. Maybe some one can write a MV crossover with Burn Notice (not me) Now that would be interesting mix also.

Guest neworder

Initially I though Madeline was going to be a really annoying character, but actually she ain't too bad and she's funny. But like I said, a few parts of the TV show are getting old and they need to develop the Michael relationship with his mother aspect because it's getting boring now how he's doing something, he won't tell her, she finds out, she get's worried and then they make friends again ...

I just can't get involved with Burn Notice as I did Miami Vice. The locations are great' date=' but Michael is no Sonny Crockett! His mother annoys me.I believe 25 years after Miami Vice, the technical side of filming TV shows has greatly improved, but the music, excitment & especially the cool :cool: of Miami Vice is not there!It also seems, in recent years, TV series are lasting many more seasons than in the 80's. Monk, Friends, etc.CSI Miami.......don't even go there!!! :p:thumbsdown::D[/quote']You're right Tony, it's no Miami Vice but you cant expect it to be. I doubt seriously if another show will ever have the same unique blend of music, scenery, style, action, characters etc etc that sets Vice apart. I was drawn to BN for the locations and will give almost anything an initial look if filmed in Miami. But the characters and action have gotten to me and I think it's the best thing on TV. What's better, not counting NFL Football?

I agree wholeheartedly with you, Jim. I bought the first series boxed set out of curiosity. I think the characters are developing really well in the 2nd series - Sam makes me laugh & Maddie is less annoying. The guest stars are some old faces from Vice days & I find Barry the Money Launderer funny. I like the writers' twists in the sub-plots when someone needs Michael's help as they're very inventive at times and it's not what you're expecting to happen which makes a refreshing change. I am glad they are continuing and I hope the writing stays at its current level.

You're right Tony' date=' it's no Miami Vice but you cant expect it to be. I doubt seriously if another show will ever have the same unique blend of music, scenery, style, action, characters etc etc that sets Vice apart. I was drawn to BN for the locations and will give almost anything an initial look if filmed in Miami. But the characters and action have gotten to me and I think it's the best thing on TV. What's better, not counting NFL Football?[/quote']I'm with you miamijimf. Best show now running on TV, IMHO, and I watch it religiously. It's like McGuyver with an edge.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you seen the new promo for this season. The show reminds me more of Miami Vice all the time. Is the Lighthouse in the promo the same as used in Miami Vice? Sure looks like it.

Someday, I'm going to take some time off, and rent the seasons of this series.Sounds interesting!

I started watching this back in the summer of '08. Mainly beacause was it was filmed in Miami. I hate these stupid shows that are set in Miami, but are filmed someplace else, like CSI:Miami or this pointless new show Miami Medical (or similar title). The only things I enjoy, when I accidentally watch CSI:Miami, are transitional aerial shots of Miami. Everything else is just so bad I have to mute the volume. Anyway, I watched a couple of first episodes of Burn Notice and got hooked. Very stylish show with extremely interesting plots. I hope too, that they continue on that level.And my greetings to all who recognize me from .org. I decided to move over here too - there's more is going on here.

Burn Notice season 4 promo

Have you seen the new promo for this season. The show reminds me more of Miami Vice all the time. Is the Lighthouse in the promo the same as used in Miami Vice? Sure looks like it.

Yep, I got a picture of that lighthouse hanging up in my room, so I recognized it right away, screamed, and my husband came running in to find out what I had screamed about. He recognized it also.! It looks to be restored and newer than it looked in Hit List, Hostile Take Over, and Redemption in Blood.