Burn Notice

miamijimf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The problem I have with this show is the believability of the main character...and he sounds very aloof in his annoying narratives...

He's a spy who has trained himself to stay cool under pressure, how is he supposed to sound? Emotional? The voice-over is one of the coolest features of the show and it sets it apart from similar shows.

He's a spy who has trained himself to stay cool under pressure' date=' how is he supposed to sound? Emotional? The voice-over is one of the coolest features of the show and it sets it apart from similar shows.[/quote']Whether you like the show or not is just a matter of personal preference. Of course some of the action situations are hard to believe, but that's typical of the genre. Some Vice action sequences are hard to believe also like Sonny shooting down a helicopter with a handgun. Its Hollywood, or in this case, Miami magic.

• 1 month later...

Last Week's Burn NoticeWhen Sam and Jesse were in their hotel room in the "Dominican Republic," was I the only one who sorta kinda expected Noogie to make a cameo appearance (Come to think of it, they weren't too far from the Cameo theater.)?There was a balcony scene that was especially reminiscent...

Ya I recognized Espanola Way right away. I also liked the use of the Rusty Pellican Restaurant located on the causeway to Key Biscayne.Miss this week's episode or want to watch it again for free? Check it out online right now: http://ow.ly/3jK9Q

• 2 weeks later...

Burn Notice Marathon todayThere is an all-day Burn Notice marathon on today culminating with the season ending episode at 9PM Cenral time. Anyone watching besides me? To me this is the next best thing to Vice for Miami settings and getting the tropical heat , drinks, swimming thoughts going. :hot::hot:;)

There is an all-day Burn Notice marathon on today culminating with the season ending episode at 9PM Cenral time. Anyone watching besides me? To me this is the next best thing to Vice for Miami settings and getting the tropical heat ' date=' drinks, swimming thoughts going. :hot::hot:;)[/quote'] I can't wait to watch the finale myself...get out of work at 10pm..hoping my start over button works.....:)

It's not Miami Vice' date=' but it's about the next best thing on TV. Miami CSI doesn't come close and I understand it's not even filmed there.:eek:[/quote']Agree plus it provides a ton of new Miami locations to find.

Speaking for myself I thought last night's two season finale episodes were outstanding. Michael's old mentor Larry continues to grow on me. Evil incarnate I think with wry humor. :evil::evil:I won't miss Brennan however. :evil: Didn't recognize who the guy was when Michael pulled up in the limo at the end. :confused:

Miami CSI doesn't come close and I understand it's not even filmed there.:eek:

Yep, most of that show is filmed in California, and they think the rest of us are such fools that they continue to leave things like the numbers on boats that say "CA" rather than "FL" visible in a lot of scenes. With a bit more work, CSI Miami could have been much better, but would still be below Burn Notice, and not in the same league as MV.

• 3 weeks later...

From Jeffrey Donovan's Twitter feed - Sam Axe Prequel Update"PCA...oh well!!! Bruce Campbell flies into Bogota tomorrow. 18 day countdown to day one shooting. Very excited!!!!!!! Pics coming soon."

"PCA...oh well!!! Bruce Campbell flies into Bogota tomorrow. 18 day countdown to day one shooting. Very excited!!!!!!! Pics coming soon."

Excellent. Love this show as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...