Burn Notice

miamijimf

Guest MetroVice

John Diehl on Burn NoticeI just read where John Diehl will be on Burn Notice this Sunday (4-17-11). I about flipped when I read that just now!It's funny how many of us MV fans have gravitated to BN without any real mention from anyone else. Over a period of time I began seeing others posting here where they mentioned how they also love BN because of it's similarities to Vice.Short of seeing a Vice re-make, I would LOVE to see more Vice cast starring on BN. It would be so cool to see those guys back in Miami again after all these years - Even if they weren't exactly on MV, it would still be cool as hell to see more of the old gang on that particular show in our sub-tropical setting (yes, I live down here).**** By the way, I apologize if I'm behind-the-times with news on JD being on BN. I've been diagnosed with some medical issues over the past 6-months, so I've been a bit out of touch ****

I just read where John Diehl will be on Burn Notice this Sunday (4-17-11). I about flipped when I read that just now!It's funny how many of us MV fans have gravitated to BN without any real mention from anyone else. Over a period of time I began seeing others posting here where they mentioned how they also love BN because of it's similarities to Vice.Short of seeing a Vice re-make' date=' I would LOVE to see more Vice cast starring on BN. It would be so cool to see those guys back in Miami again after all these years - Even if they weren't exactly on MV, it would still be cool as hell to see more of the old gang on that particular show in our sub-tropical setting (yes, I live down here).**** By the way, I apologize if I'm behind-the-times with news on JD being on BN. I've been diagnosed with some medical issues over the past 6-months, so I've been a bit out of touch ****[/quote'] Ya hope you will be OK. JD will be on "The Fall of Sam Ax" on the 17th. Its a BN prequel, USA cable made for TV movie filmed in Columbia which is supposed to explain how Sam wound up in Miami as a semi-washed up semi-alcoholic ex Navy Seal/Special Ops guy with an attitude. The director is Jeffrey Donovan, the Star of BN.

Ya hope you will be OK. JD will be on "The Fall of Sam Ax" on the 17th. Its a BN prequel' date=' USA cable made for TV movie filmed in Columbia which is supposed to explain how Sam wound up in Miami as a semi-washed up semi-alcoholic ex Navy Seal/Special Ops guy with an attitude. The director is Jeffrey Donovan, the Star of BN.[/quote'] I am definitely hooked on this show...can't wait for more. Anyone know when the new season starts?

• 4 months later...

Please can someone give me the link of the web page of the Burn Notice filming locations?I saw the link here on this web but I can't find it anymore.It's a web of a MV and BN fan who post pictures of location of each episodes!I'd really apreciate it!Thanks

Please can someone give me the link of the web page of the Burn Notice filming locations?I saw the link here on this web but I can't find it anymore.It's a web of a MV and BN fan who post pictures of location of each episodes!I'd really apreciate it!Thanks
Here you go Ivan' date='http://forums.usanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=392377&st=0Have fun. Several Vice members are active here. We appreciate all the new Miami locations to find.

I think he was looking for http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.netJust posted ep. 68 Enemy Of My Enemy.

Thanks guys! I was right =)On August 2009 I my friend and I was stoping at a cousin's friend and that place was the same used on a Burn Notice episode.I just noticed that with just a moment of frame and I liked to be sure.The episode is from season 3 (ep.38) A Dark Roadhttp://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/page107.htmlHere's a pic. of the enter where my friend's standingEingefügtes BildFrom that door Michael Westrn steps into the "hotel" which it's not. It's just an building with apartments =) A GREAT building with spa, jacusi, swimming pool, gym...it's a paradise

• 2 months later...

A Burn Notice reminder- the season premier of the second half of season five airs tonight Thursday 3 Nov 10 PM Eastern on USA cable.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was watching the last episode of the Summer run of BN from last Thursday and noticed a photo of a familiar location. You see it after the gang arrives in Panama to find Nate's killer. Brady is giving a briefing about the op to snatch the killer Tyler Gray when he shows photos of the building where Gray is staying. Not really surprising, I've known that quite a few members of the BN production crew are Miami Vice fans. Anyone recognize the location in the lower right of the screen? [ATTACH=CONFIG]6686[/ATTACH]

post-16-13892964808972_thumb.jpg

Looks like the alley scene in Little Prince where Tubbs pulls Royco off the stairs.
Ha' date=' yes and LMD too. I watched that as it aired and laughed out loud when I saw that. Not that it was in any way funny, it was just my reaction to seeing this shot, one of the first real life locations I tracked down and went to when I started location hunting years ago. I knew a few other Miami Vice fans would have noticed it as well. Sure enough. In a small way I felt it was a tribute to Miami Vice even if it is only in my head.[/color']

Ha' date=' yes and LMD too. I watched that as it aired and laughed out loud when I saw that. Not that it was in any way funny, it was just my reaction to seeing this shot, one of the first real life locations I tracked down and went to when I started location hunting years ago. I knew a few other Miami Vice fans would have noticed it as well. Sure enough. In a small way I felt it was a tribute to Miami Vice even if it is only in my head.[/color']

Unless that is a stock photo from a previous Burn Notice episode, it might well have been chosen by a Miami Vice fan. Of all the photos of Miami, why that one? It looks nothing like the building they filmed as the bad guy's hideout in the BN episode. I'll ask Karen, the BN authority, if she can find out anything about it.

Unless that is a stock photo from a previous Burn Notice episode' date=' it might well have been chosen by a Miami Vice fan. Of all the photos of Miami, why that one? It looks nothing like the building they filmed as the bad guy's hideout in the BN episode. I'll ask Karen, the BN authority, if she can find out anything about it.[/quote']I thought maybe this location had been used before in BN and I just could not remember where. I checked my master list ( A list of every location used by region, as a location is added on my site I record it on the master list so I have an easy record to check) and there is nothing listed for BN so imo that increases the credibility of the MV connection theory.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be great to see Don Johnson or Philip Michael Thomas in Burn Notice. BW - Did you notice that Sam Axe character was heavily inspired by Stan Switek ?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

New Season starts this Thursday Nov 8 at 8PM Central or 9 Eastern on USA.

Checked my listings for USA tonight and it does not show a new episode. The episode listed is "Desperate Times" which aired on August 23rd of this year.

Checked my listings for USA tonight and it does not show a new episode. The episode listed is "Desperate Times" which aired on August 23rd of this year.

My listing (Comcast) shows a 2 hour premier titled "Desperate Measures" on USA about escaping from Panama. :confused:And the commercials are advertising a new ep for tonight as well.

The premier of the second half of season six is definitely tonight. Jeffrey Donovan posted on Twitter: "TONIGHT. @BurnNotice_USA 9/8c. 2 HOUR PREMIERE!! Who's ready?" Also they say approval for season seven is imminent. Its a good show but I'm kinda surprised it has lasted this long. But that's a good thing for those of us who like to play detective and find Miami filming locations and get up to date views of the Magic City. Many episodes have a link to Vice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm amazed that this show is still as good as it is! Did anyone else catch the cameo by Xavier Coronel in "Over the Line"? He was the hotel manager and also played Sirat Bandi in "French Twist"

I'm amazed that this show is still as good as it is! Did anyone else catch the cameo by Xavier Coronel in "Over the Line"? He was the hotel manager and also played Sirat Bandi in "French Twist"

No I didn't notice, thanks for pointing that out. One of many Vice connections.