Sign in to follow this  
miamijimf

Burn Notice

Recommended Posts

miamijimf    957
miamijimf

Ya BN has an active fanbase, the USA network fan forum is still active.  All 7 seasons are on DVD and not real expensive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonny-Burnett    611
Sonny-Burnett

There's a Burn Notice Marathon running all day today on the Universal HD Channel, for those who have it. :thumbsup:  :shout:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pink Flaming0    123
Pink Flaming0

Sad news - Jeffrey Donavon quit twitter today. (see below)

 

 

JD%20quits_zpsk8gitz7m.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miamijimf    957
miamijimf

Thanks for posting. Interesting but not a huge loss since Burn Notice filmed its last episode in 2013. Not a huge twitter fan, you can follow some interesting people but you frequently get just bits and pieces of a conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miamijimf    957
miamijimf

Michael's loft 528 NW 7th Ave Miami, now gone.  Photo found by Paul Hampton Crockett in Motor Boating Magazine, 1967.

 

16722643_1395320563846570_3524833747324133105_o.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James    1,194
James

"Now gone"? Did they demolish it? :( That was a tourist attraction among Burn Notice fans... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miamijimf    957
miamijimf
8 hours ago, James said:

"Now gone"? Did they demolish it? :( That was a tourist attraction among Burn Notice fans... 

Yes it was but unfortunately it was torn down in Jan 2013.  It was replaced by an empty lot.  Typical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Susanna Girl    339
Susanna Girl

Another unfortunate decision by the powers that be.  :thumbsdown:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James    1,194
James
20 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Yes it was but unfortunately it was torn down in Jan 2013.  It was replaced by an empty lot.  Typical.

That's sad. Time to remove it from my bucket list. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miamijimf    957
miamijimf

I just watched the scene in Vice's Freefall again where Tubbs gets rescued and the trailer by the river gets shot to pieces by the Swat Team.  I would bet that's where the Burn Notice writers got the idea for a very similar scene in the season seven episode Forget Me Not.  Burn Notice fans should remember this episode where Fiona is held hostage and Michael uses a quote from their past in Ireland to save her as friendly machine gunners shoot the trailer to shreds.  The roof finally collapses, just like in Freefall.   The connections between these two shows are amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James    1,194
James
On 2017-5-13 at 1:55 PM, miamijimf said:

I just watched the scene in Vice's Freefall again where Tubbs gets rescued and the trailer by the river gets shot to pieces by the Swat Team.  I would bet that's where the Burn Notice writers got the idea for a very similar scene in the season seven episode Forget Me Not.  Burn Notice fans should remember this episode where Fiona is held hostage and Michael uses a quote from their past in Ireland to save her as friendly machine gunners shoot the trailer to shreds.  The roof finally collapses, just like in Freefall.   The connections between these two shows are amazing.

"Fiona, time to be brave, little angel."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miamijimf    957
miamijimf
16 hours ago, James said:

"Fiona, time to be brave, little angel."

Yep you are a BN fan, that's the quote Michael uses.  Also I quickly looked up the addresses and both the Freefall and BN filming locations were on South River Drive and only about four and a half blocks away from one another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James    1,194
James
8 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Yep you are a BN fan, that's the quote Michael uses.  

An episode per night just after Miami Vice. :thumbsup:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miamijimf    957
miamijimf

Good job Charlie on the episode - Game Change.  Zaza, a 95 foot yacht is a stand in for the drug cartel yacht at the end.  Normally it is docked in Ft. Lauderdale and runs charters.  This info is from a fan on the Burn Notice web site, which looks like it's no longer active.  Probably good info but I have been unable to confirm it on line or by speaking to two charter companies.  But there are lots of yachts in Lauderdale.        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James    1,194
James
On 15/02/2015 at 5:26 AM, Pink Flaming0 said:

Sad news - Jeffrey Donavon quit twitter today. (see below)

 

 

JD%20quits_zpsk8gitz7m.jpg

He's been back on Twitter for a while now at https://twitter.com/WickedpissaJD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this