Burn Notice

miamijimf

Correct, Jim! :clap:It should be no coincidence that the Americana, as you say, was as striking as the Fontainebleau and the Eden Roc. All three were designed by Moris Lapidus during the era known as Miami modern, or MiMo for short. This triogy should have stood for eternity, now thanks to the greed and shortsightedness of Miami's developers and the politocos who help them, the set is incomplete.On a lighter note, this just in from the talented and humorous caption-meisters over at the BN board, recalling a classic late-night comedy bit:"...and now Weekend Update presents a Weekend Update editorial review of USA's new top rated program, with Weekend Editorial Correspondent Miss Emily Litella"Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildNot to be outdone, Yours Truly responded with these, also quoting a couple of '60's classic series:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is this true?Is this really True? Are we getting Detective Olivia Benson's half brother (from 8th season SVU) on Burn Notice? That's hilarious.;)

Here's a JD quote from the Burn Notice forum about the Sunscreen Film Festival in St. Petersburg, Fl: "I'm coming to check it out and help support Florida's independent film industry," he said. "I fell in love with the state when I came here to work on 'Burn Notice,' and I love it so much that I've moved here." He must really mean what he says to take the time to travel up this way while in the middle of shooting Season Three and working 13 hrs a day. The entire cast says they enjoy working in Miami. This doesn't mean the show will stay in Miami, of course, but it's a good sign.

New time for Burn Notice Season 3

Season 3 starts 4 June.

Don't forget that "Burn Notice" will be seen Beginning June 4th on Thursdays an hour earlier than in the past. (9PM ET 8 PM CT) That doctor in the Hamptons show "Royal Pains" will follow Burn Notice in BN's old spot.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish DJ would get a place in Miami & then PMT & he can seriously do a Miami Vice reunion movie. :thumbsup:

Agreed, Tony!Just a few more nights to the S3 premier of Burn Notice. Warm up your Tivo's, VCR's, DVR's and whatever else ya got for this Thursday at 9:00pm on USA Network. Be there or be square, people!

Agreed' date=' Tony!Just a few more nights to the S3 premier of Burn Notice. Warm up your Tivo's, VCR's, DVR's and whatever else ya got for this Thursday at 9:00pm on USA Network. Be there or be square, people![/quote'].... and "I'm So Excited, I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!", seriously, I have been waiting for this to come, only four nights away, let's hope it's good!

Burn Notice PromosHave you been noticing the Burn Notice Promos this year?One has him jumping out of the helicopter and other scenes to some song with the lyrics Hang me up (or out) to dry.Second one I saw has him sitting in a car with the naration about this is what he's been waiting for free of the people who burned him ... Then Sharp dressed man by ZZ top begins playing with a bunch of scenes showing him fighting off trouble.Third one has Sam and Mike as BFFs and a bunch of scenes with Mike and Sam.A fourth one they've been running is "Michael Westin has gone from burned to worse" and it shows various scenes including one where Sam says people from 12 different countries were after him & some snide female law enforcement person threatening him.Sounds like we're in for quite a season. I wonder how Mike will have time to help the little guy.:)

Nancy,Ya the jumping out of the helicopter scene is from last season's finale. According to JD's Tweets (I hate that name) he thinks the upcoming season is really going to be something.

More about USA promos.Yeah, I know the jumping out of the helicopteris from last season's final episode. I meant I just don't remember them using so many different promos for one season.!This isn't a Burn Notice Promo, but one of the promos they're using for the Royal Pains is the Doctor from royal pains sitting down with a package with a letter in it. You hear Michael's voice comimisserating with him because he's lost his job and is beginning a new job different from what he's used to. In the box are things Michael thinks will come in handy: a bottle of suntan lotion, a pair of sunglasses, and a block of C4. It's a hilarious promo.:D

In case you are interested:The Late Night TVPage has these following talk show appearances listed: Wednesday, June 3 Late Late Show: Jeffrey Tambor, Gabrielle AnwarThursday, June 4 Regis and Kelly: Jeffrey Donovan, Denise Richards, guest co-host Anderson CooperBut please note, as always, these things are subject to change.The Regis and Kelly website has JD listed on June 4th, so I'm pretty sure that's confirmed. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson doesn't have their guest page updated yet, but I hope it's true. Also note: When it lists that GA is on the night of Wed, June 3rd, depending on what timezone you live in, it could mean that the show airs at 12:35am ET/PT which would actually be June 4th early morning. Check your local listings.Nancy are you on the BN forum?

Spoiler Alert!I just saw the new Burn Notice, I have to say I didn't care much for it.I knew the show was going to change a bit but the story seemed kinda hokey, such as the cops investigating Michael and there was no explanation of the charges. Michael wants to be a spy again but I am starting to think he would have been better off going with the company rather than hopping out of the chopper at the end of SSN2, he probably could have used the protection and resources to find out what happened to him.Another thing, in the next episode they want to bring in some female detective to investigate Michael, I think it's going to be like what happened to the show Simon&Simon when that by-the-book woman took over as head of homicide, it's going to get aggrivating and start becoming by-the-book pedestian stuff.Bottom line I think this new season, while I know people will think it's wrong to just give an opinion on just one episode but I have a feeling that the shows going to turn away from the spy-action stuff we saw in the past and go towards pedestrian stuff since there's no way Michael can get back in as a spy and the cops are on him for UKNOWN charges (talking about jumping the shark), one episode into the new season and I'm already getting tired of it and wanting to see the old BN back.

• Administrators

I watched it, thought it was business as usual for Michael & crew. What I didn't like was how easily Mike fell for Harlan's story. Someone with as many problems as Mike should've been more suspicious, especially of someone in his own former line of work! I suspect it will get better as the season continues. The show is worth watching for the scenes of Miami alone!

I still have hopeLast night's episode I think was to introduce the new situation for Michael. Yeah the cop thing was a little iffy to say the least, but remember before he jumped out of the helicopter the Management guy warned him that they had been protecting him and everything was going to reign down on him if he left the copter and did't accept their offer. This was pointed out to him by the card by management that told him to tell them when he had enough. If you go to the Burn Notice page on USA they have video comments on the third season by Mat Nix from his comments it sounds like a lot of different things are going to happen with Michael and the team, and the clients are going to become different clients. The writers are trying to shake things up a little because they don't want to become the same old same old. I plan to keep watching the season, and see what else develops. Nate is also supposed to become a client of Michael's in a later episode, and one I found insteresting is that Fiona will reluctantly become a client of Michael's. It sounds like we'll get 9 episodes this summer the others next winter. Also he said Management is still out there letting Michael see how he likes it for a while. They haven't completely disappared out of the picture.

http://www.miami-vice.ws/image.php?u=16&type=sigpic&dateline=1244145019Why' date=' yes it does.All my ex-girlfriends.(But I still love 'em all. That's just the way I roll.)Good one Jim - thanks.[/quote']Thanks Richie but this is Gabrielle Anwar from Burn Notice. She is supposed to remind you of a young lady in a Vice episode.

Thanks Richie but this is Gabrielle Anwar from Burn Notice. She is supposed to remind you of a young lady in a Vice episode.

Anwar, LMD, my ex-girlfriend Cassandra, all women cut from the same cloth. I have to find that photo of her, and throw it on here. I think that she was better looking than both these women.

Thanks Richie but this is Gabrielle Anwar from Burn Notice. She is supposed to remind you of a young lady in a Vice episode.

Let's see, it wouldn't be Little Miss Dangerous by chance?

Let's see' date=' it wouldn't be Little Miss Dangerous by chance?[/quote']Ding ding ding.We have a winner, Johnny. What prize do we have for him from the prize basket? Let's look and see.