Burn Notice

miamijimf

Check the BN board for news of an interesting encounter a couple of BN fans had today.Meanwhile, new Location Trivia. Yo Airtommy, I hope you get this one quick!Eingefügtes Bild

Check the BN board for news of an interesting encounter a couple of BN fans had today.Meanwhile, new Location Trivia. Yo Airtommy, I hope you get this one quick!Very cool Dan J and nice pic of you with JD. Well Done. :cheers:

This is a pic taken Wednesday for those who like Burn Notice but may not visit the BN Board. Michael Donovan, the star of the show in the center with our DanJ and Karen, a fan. Eingefügtes BildGood show last night. Glad to see Michael shoot that guy. I admit, I like gun violence partly because it makes the show even more Vice Like. Got those shots off fast reminiscent of Jim Zubiena in "Calderone's Demise," yet not in the same class. Jim's scene showed the gun being drawn, aimed, and fired at the target amazingly fast. In the BN scene Michael most likely had the gun in his hand behind his back and you only saw him bringing the gun up and firing.

Ya I think Michael shooting and killing someone on the spot is a first for the show. It will help the ratings. Like it or not, IMO seeing Sonny wasting bad guys with his large caliber hand gun is one of the things that made Vice popular.DanJ- What were your impressions of JD and the crew?

Got those shots off fast reminiscent of Jim Zubiena in "Calderone's Demise' date='" [/quote']That popped into my head immediately when I was watching the scene.

Vicers might enjoy a scene from last Thursday's mid-season "finale" titled "Long Way Back." This may be a spoiler if you haven't scene the episode, so read on with caution:In one of this episode's end scenes, Michael Westen disposes of a nemesis named Strickler by whipping a pistol from his hip and planting two, maybe three rounds into him. After watching that scene a few times now, I can't help but think back to a scene from "Calderon's Return."It is the scene where Jim Zubiena draws a pistol on a hapless guard and rapid-fires three rounds into him. The more I watch the BN scene, the more I think of the MV scene.Jim Zubiena has described this as the "Mozambique." I never did quite understand what he meant by that, so I looked it up. Below are links to two articles from thegunzone.com which discuss some MV shooting scenes, and the Mozambique technique. Enjoy, and hopefully this will get some of you Vicer holdouts to watch BN! ;)The Gun Zone - Jim ZubienaThe Gun Zone - MozambiqueP.S. Having read up on the Mozambique, it seems to be a variation on the Old West gunfight theme. Instead of it being a drawing contest, one gunman already has his gun drawn and aimed at the other. The other gunman must watch and wait for his opponent to become distracted, at which point he draws and fires. A keen eye and rapid reflexes are vital to this technique!

Wouldn't it be wild if Zubiena had been consulted for that scene?Hey Tony' date=' we might get ya hooked on this show yet![/quote']I'm starting to weaken, Dan! ;)

Here are my pictures of the area where the Flying Buick scene from "Long Way Back" was filmed. Sorry for the poor lighting, but weather has been rather overcast lately - also, I finally found the time to get to this spot kind of late in the day.NOTE: To the location hunters on this site: If you watched this scene and were using things like fire hydrants to guide you to the spot, you may be in for a surprise. Having visited the spot and looked around, the fire hydrant that the Buick knocks over when it lands was a fake. There is a real hydrant, painted red, approximately 12 feet from where the fake hydrant was in the scene. Play back this scene in slo-mo and you may see evidence of the fake hydrant.Eingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeThis building is visible at the beginning of the scene.Eingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeSam and Michael's observation perch. This is at the top of a semi-abandoned parking garage at the corner of West Avenue and 6th Street. Only the ground level is in use. to get to the top level, I found an unlocked door off the side of the garage and climbed the stairs. There was evidence of vagrancy everywhere.Eingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeThe view of West Avenue, looking south, from Sam and Michael's perch.Eingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeView of Sam and Michael's observation perch, as seen from street level.Eingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeThis is where the Buick starts its run.Of note to Vicers: My information is that the scene from "Smuggler's Blues" where C&T, Castillo, etc., met with the Fed's to discuss C&T's assignment was filmed at then abandoned Biscaya hotel on West Avenue and 6th Street. The Biscaya is long gone, demolished circa 1987. In its place is a highrise condo building. This is the site of the above Burn Notice scene.

Heh. Tony, to paraphrase a famous Crockett line, "I can't convert you now - not enough episodes yet. But you're weakening, Ace, and I'm a patient man." :)If ya don't know where that line came from, I dare say ya don't deserve to call yerself a Vicer! :D

• 1 month later...

Burn notice Season 3 Summer finale being rerunned tonightJust wanted to pop in and announce that USA network is reshowing the Summer Finale for season 3 tonight "Long Way to Go." at 9PM ET. (Royal Pains follows it.) Here's a chance to catch the last episode for the Summer Season 3 of Burn Notice (It'll be back this winter) There's quite a bit of action in this episode and nice scenery, not to mention background on Fiona.USA is also rerunning some episodes during the day, but I'm at work and I can't see those. Just a heads up in case anyone is interested.:D

• 5 weeks later...
Guest neworder

hmmm ive finished watching season 1.Currently watching Season 2 premier few observations;a). how did Michael get the caddy out from in the truck, there were no ramps?b). I'm sorry, but that British, well i say British, dunno , but whatever accent western is putting on in this episode is atrocious.

Cor blimey ... can any of of the other Brits on here tell me where I can see Burn Notice on tv? I saw it briefly on FX - caught 2 eps after work - but its gone again. When I'm able to see Jeffrey Donovan's accents I'll be comparing them against the definitive British as shown by Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins rofl ... DanJ, you are so close to the master!Sue x