Any MV Prop Collectors?

Asp9mm

Is there anyone out there with any props from MV. Plenty of clothes posted on .org, but there was nothing there on the original props. Would love to see some pics too, either original or repro.

Is there anyone out there with any props from MV. Plenty of clothes posted on .org' date=' but there was nothing there on the original props. Would love to see some pics too, either original or repro.[/quote']I have posted original props from the show, original clothes from the show, information, and actual crew items in the scrapbook section on .org. They are in different theads, but they are there! P.S. I hope you found the original prop clothes to be cool!

• 2 months later...

Hi all, just thought Id'e get this section rolling a little more. These are just some things I got. Vice freaks will spot most of the stuff... ID's from the show, photo's from the pilot, buddies and a copy of Crocketts football days. C'mon guys and gals show us some real and replica vice gear....Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• 4 weeks later...
I still can't believe how well you were able to blow up my Crockett in football gear original prop photo so well! I didn't know that it could be blown up to look that good!Is the quality still good, or does the detail break down when enlarged that much?The original is, of course, an actual 8x10 photo. I have it in a place of honor.

He did say it was a copy.

Yes. He and I already discussed this on the other web site. I posted some of my original prop photo on that site (didn't post the entire photo because I like having the rare original for it's value) , and he was able to enlarge it off of one of my posts. It's cool with me. He's cool. He even was polite enough to ask me if it was ok with me.

Thanks man, yes the quality is still ok and I'm sure grateful you posted and allowed me to do this in the first place, it just makes the display look great. ( having yours of course would make it perfect!!! lucky man). Regards, Todd.

Thanks man' date=' yes the quality is still ok and I'm sure grateful you posted and allowed me to do this in the first place, it just makes the display look great. ( having yours of course would make it perfect!!! lucky man). Regards, Todd.[/quote']Well sir, I can see that you have some prop photo goodies that I don't have either. Sahhh Weeeet!!!! :clap:

Just a quick update and my final display in my theatre room left some stuff out but now sits proudly on the wall..Eingefügtes Bild

I see one of the vietnam photos there, but what is the key in the case?

just a handcuff key. I got it from a person many years ago who told me that it was used on the show but I don't know who by, oh and I got the castillo ID from a friend and that isn't his real one used on the show. Wish I had the others, don't know where they are and who's got em. Cheers.

ASP9MM who started this thread hasn't responded to my PMs.Would have liked to chat with him and tell him about my props that are shown on the .org site.Where'd he go?

• 3 months later...
I still can't believe how well you were able to blow up my Crockett in football gear original prop photo so well! I didn't know that it could be blown up to look that good!Is the quality still good' date=' or does the detail break down when enlarged that much?The original is, of course, an actual 8x10 photo. I have it in a place of honor.[/quote']Hi there c&b i noticed that it looks like trudys badge case is missing the badge did it come like that or no? nice collection though very nice

I must comment that your collection is really really impressive. You must have been very close to the show, if not immersed in the actual production to have access to so many props and truly rare collectibles.Someday, I am sure you'll be approached for an installation for a collector's series at a museum...Are there any specific pieces that you are missing, or haven't acquired, but know who may possess (e.g. Michael Mann's or Tony Y's personal stash ?) (from the series, not the '06 movie).... Thanks in advance.

Just to be clear here, and give credit where credit is due, This photo is not from my collection, but the collection owned by TVICE.He scanned the big photo of Crockett wearing the football uniform from my posting of my original photo prop used in MIAMI VICE. The rest of the collection is his, not mine.What I own in props is one of the BASEBALLS OF DEATH, blazers crockett wore on the show, and publicity photoshoots, blazer worn by guest star (of star trek fame), ties, Photo of Crockett in football days and cast and crew items like hats, scripts, photos, cards etc. You can see some of my stuff in the cooper&burnett scrapbook section under Crockett blazers and vice clothes, and Crew items.

I must comment that your collection is really really impressive. You must have been very close to the show' date=' if not immersed in the actual production to have access to so many props and truly rare collectibles.Someday, I am sure you'll be approached for an installation for a collector's series at a museum...Are there any specific pieces that you are missing, or haven't acquired, but know who may possess (e.g. Michael Mann's or Tony Y's personal stash ?) (from the series, not the '06 movie).... Thanks in advance.[/quote']There's nothing specificlly missing from my collection, as I try to add to it no matter what it is. It is difficult for me to aquire the Blazers that Crockett wore, as they are really rare, and some are in private hands, others are not, and are with the studio still. I think the vast majority is in private hands now scattered all over the U.S..My goal is to be the Worlds biggest MIAMI VICE collector of props, and clothes from the show. As of yet, nobody has claimed to have more than I, so perhaps I've achieved this goal already, but just don't know it yet. My collection of blazers is not huge per se, but being it's hard enough to find just one from a private collector (who just happens to have one) and negotiate me obtaining it from them is hard enough as it is. Nobody wants to give it away, or part with it.I keep trying to add to the cooper&burnett scrapbook section under "Crockett blazers and vice clothes" (great section with lots of photos from my collection) section when I get something, but it's becoming increasingly rare as clothes don't survive well when it's made from silk or linen.I missed out on a couple of things I wish I would have gone for more than I did. I had the opportunity to buy Trudy's tight fitting silver dress she wore in STREETWISE at the beggining of the show. It was available to me with a copy of the episode, and Olivia Browns autograph on the video tape, and an autographed letter by her in her own handwriting stating that this was the actual dress used on the show.I gave it up because I didn't know what to do with womens clothes.I didn't see the bigger picture....should have grabbed it to preserve it for the collection.Also, there was a vintage blazer that DJ wore in a photoshoot (from the cover of SOF magazine) that I passed on because it wasn't worn in the show, and I didn't care for the style of the blazer. Blew it there too.I'm buying original props and clothes from the show, so if your reading this, and you want your item to be in good hands and preserved in a big vice collection, contact me.

The 'Real' Scarab ?C&B I was speaking of your collection as posted on the Scrapbook pages...thanks again for sharing... A recent late summer post (Aug 2008) showed what surely looks like the 'real' Scarab tooling around Erie, just off of Toledo area. Owned by some folks in the Findley OH area...

• 2 weeks later...
Well sir' date=' I can see that you have some prop photo goodies that I don't have either. Sahhh Weeeet!!!! :clap:[/quote']Just for Cooper&Burnett, who is one of the most gracious and supportive members on this site, I have added some new pics and updated this site. Enjoy, and keep posting C&B!!http://www.priceofaddiction.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=32

Unbelieveably kind words! Thank you Jurassic narc.The thing is with your car, I just can't get enough info or pictures of the most beautiful car on the planet, The FERRARI DAYTONA SPIDER.As many people here know, I wanna be YOU!!I'm insanely jealous of your beautiful spider. I'd trade half of everything I own for one. I'd actually trade all my collectibles (star wars crew items and WWII flight jackets included) for one like yours.I'm blown away at the work that was done with your gas tank. It's very clever!! You have a lot of room in the trunk.Am I to understand that the car is in fact a MCBURNIE COACHCRAFT, but was assembled by Carl Roberts?I have another CARL ROBERTS / MIAMI VICE article somewhere that I don't think I posted yet. Gotta remember which one it is, and where it currently is. I've posted so much on the other site, the mind tends to get foggy.You have a great website, I encourage all who are reading this to click onto his link, and see his car, info, and his MIAMI VICE collectibles! :shout:I WANT YOUR CAR PAL!!!!!:shout: FERRARI DAYTONA's Rule!-COOP

Unbelieveably kind words! Thank you Jurassic narc.The thing is with your car' date=' I just can't get enough info or pictures of the most beautiful car on the planet, The FERRARI DAYTONA SPIDER.As many people here know, I wanna be YOU!!I'm insanely jealous of your beautiful spider. I'd trade half of everything I own for one. I'd actually trade all my collectibles (star wars crew items and WWII flight jackets included) for one like yours.I'm blown away at the work that was done with your gas tank. It's very clever!! You have a lot of room in the trunk.Am I to understand that the car is in fact a MCBURNIE COACHCRAFT, but was assembled by Carl Roberts?I have another CARL ROBERTS / MIAMI VICE article somewhere that I don't think I posted yet. Gotta remember which one it is, and where it currently is. I've posted so much on the other site, the mind tends to get foggy.You have a great website, I encourage all who are reading this to click onto his link, and see his car, info, and his MIAMI VICE collectibles! :shout:I WANT YOUR CAR PAL!!!!!:shout: FERRARI DAYTONA's Rule!-COOP[/quote']The deal with the cars is that Tom McBurnie took the original Daytona molds off a white Daytona Spyder for the Mardikian cars. Carl was to act as an East Coast distributor/builder. He then took a McBurnie body and made some modifications of his own.But truly, all Daytona kits come from that original casting (A white Spyder #16859 furnished by Mardikian--a customers car. Wonder if the owner ever knew the car was disassembled, put in a plaster molding and then re-assembled). Carl did a lot to the car to bring it closer to being Ferrari like (he engineered Ferrari style door handles for some of the later cars, and moved the battery into the engine compartment, along with other innovations.Both Carl Roberts and the folks at Rowley have made changes to the original cars that McBurnie first made. And even McBurnie was making improvements up until the blizzard of lawsuits hit all of them.And thanks for the kind words about the car. It is still a pleasure to drive, and most of the "bugs" are out of it. It never fails to get attention. The drive up to Kinsgport, TN, took about 5 hours-but I was able to stretch it to seven by talking to all the folks who came up to ask about the car while I bought food or fuel.You are still the guy in the know, however, with your detailed knowledge of the clothing and episodes. Keep the information coming!!

The deal with the cars is that Tom McBurnie took the original Daytona molds off a white Daytona Spyder for the Mardikian cars. Carl was to act as an East Coast distributor/builder. He then took a McBurnie body and made some modifications of his own.But truly' date=' all Daytona kits come from that original casting (A white Spyder #16859 furnished by Mardikian--a customers car. Wonder if the owner ever knew the car was disassembled, put in a plaster molding and then re-assembled). Carl did a lot to the car to bring it closer to being Ferrari like (he engineered Ferrari style door handles for some of the later cars, and moved the battery into the engine compartment, along with other innovations.Both Carl Roberts and the folks at Rowley have made changes to the original cars that McBurnie first made. And even McBurnie was making improvements up until the blizzard of lawsuits hit all of them.And thanks for the kind words about the car. It is still a pleasure to drive, and most of the "bugs" are out of it. It never fails to get attention. The drive up to Kinsgport, TN, took about 5 hours-but I was able to stretch it to seven by talking to all the folks who came up to ask about the car while I bought food or fuel.You are still the guy in the know, however, with your detailed knowledge of the clothing and episodes. Keep the information coming!![/quote']You know more about the Daytona than I will ever know being you own one.Thank you for the kind words. The only reason I'm "the guy in the know" is because I live MIAMI VICE 24 hours a day (When I dream, it's in pastel ;)).Today, I just bought a big indoor BIRD OF PARADISE plant for my place. EVERYTHING Involves MIAMI VICE in my life. Right now, I'm playing a DVD that can be for relaxation, or for a cool calming effect. It's a HD DVD of about 8 different exotic fish tanks. The camera never moves, so it looks like your tv is a tropical fish tank! There are several sounds you can play with it, like music, bubbles, and my favorite, the sound of the ocean with waves and birds. That is my background noise. (interesting to look out my sliding glass door and see the water from the lake right off my padio and boat dock.It's all to make me feel like I'm in a MIAMI VICE enviornment.It's just how I choose to live. MIAMI VICE, all day, everyday.-COOP

• 4 weeks later...
....... the folks at Rowley have made changes to the original cars that McBurnie first made. And even McBurnie was making improvements up until the blizzard of lawsuits hit all of them....I've seen the Rowley website' date=' however not sure if they still have / can 'make' replicas of their GTC ? Regardless, between your two collections, they could re-launch the series, especially once Vltor's Fortis available....that is, unless the AWB on high-caps rears its ugly head.....As quoted from the recent Shot Show (from the Vltor/Fortis 'official blog') [url']http://vltor.wordpress.com/....We are not yet taking pre-orders, the first step towards the Fortis release will most likely be the opportunity to reserve serial numbers – this will be announced on this blog when it happens.Fortis production is NOT limited to 2,500 pistols… while that is our target goal for the first run, we will continue to make the original Fortis for as long as there is a demand.The first release of the Fortis is designed to be as faithful to the original Bren Ten as possible, it looks like it does, because that is what the original Bren looked like – we did take some liberty with all silver “Vice” model, which of course pays homage to the unique pistol used in a popular television show.....