Memorabilia and Collecting

Asp9mm

Any chance of a memorabilia and collecting forum? Somewhere where we can discuss collecting props, replicas, promotional stuff and clothes etc. There are obviously places to discuss this on the boards, but nothing specifically for this type of discussion. I'm sure I'm not the only collecting nut on here, and I'm sure it'd be hard to find a member without any Wayfarers :cool:

Any chance of a memorabilia and collecting forum? Somewhere where we can discuss collecting props' date=' replicas, promotional stuff and clothes etc. There are obviously places to discuss this on the boards, but nothing specifically for this type of discussion. I'm sure I'm not the only collecting nut on here, and I'm sure it'd be hard to find a member without any Wayfarers :cool:[/quote']I have many things actually from the show, and crew items. Also, I have the same style glasses from the pilot that sonny wore and blazers worn by DJ. Most can be seen in the SCAPBOOK section on .org.What do you have?

My collectables from MVI have a Daytona which I have worked to get as exact as possible a copy of the Season 2 car. I also have a badge and replica ID and some other odds and ends.

post-109-13892962860044_thumb.jpg

post-109-13892962860277_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

NICE Daytona. I'm sure that set you back a bit. Is this a kit car over a Corvette chasis as were the 2 used on the show?

• 2 months later...

Ditto...Very nice Daytona.I am also looking for one right now. Have looked at a few but many of them are junk (poorly maintained) or automatics. I found two standards but one is red and needs paint. The black four speed needs paint too but the dash is still a "VETTE" dash and not the aftermarket instrument cluster. Looks cheezy!Hard to find a nice car like yours. Cudos...At least I have the boat to start with.

I have a Daytona which I have worked to get as exact as possible a copy of the Season 2 car. I also have a badge and replica ID and some other odds and ends.

Your still top dog on VICE collecting here pal.

I have a Daytona which I have worked to get as exact as possible a copy of the Season 2 car. I also have a badge and replica ID and some other odds and ends.

great pics! do you have any pics of the interior posted somewhere?

It must be a mistake or something, as i have seen a website that does have his story and photos. Perhaps it's just an error.

• 1 month later...

Daytona and other memorabiliaSorry, our website developed problems and we lost the story about the Miami Vice Daytonas and the pictures of my stuff. It should be restored around the first of 2009. I still have all the original material, but will have to re-attach the pictures and reload the site.Hang in there, as when I reload the Daytona article there will be updated information included. The owner of the Camera Car Daytona and I spent an evening with Carl Roberts and got him to tell us more of his recollections of the cars and their circumstances. I hope to provide a more complete look at the life of the two cars used on the show.

I too am looking forward to it JN.Why is it there are so many of these Daytonas in Georga. Is the soil better there?????? :) I need to grow one for myself!I personally know of four others, besides yours, in that state alone!Tow black ones, a red one and a baby blue model that I believe to be a Mike Hudson repro, as it has no fender flares?

There were a couple of people in Georgia who built Daytonas from Carl Roberts kits. The one who built my car is in Chatsworth, and there was a place nearer Atlanta building cars for a while. Strangely, I don't know of a company manufacturing these cars in Florida. Be interested to hear if there was one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd be interested in your opinion on the auction of one of the Daytonas that I posted in this thread as to whether you think the car is authentic.

Sure. Get me a link to the car. BTW if you are talking about the Volo Car, they have no proof that is the MV car. CameraDaytona has inspected the car and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is not correct for either car used on the show. CameraDaytona was able to demonstrate to the museum owners that he has the real deal (known as car 4) and that their car doesn't have any documentation to support that it was on Miami Vice. They don't seem to be bothered by advertising it as the "Real Deal".Check out my website for more on the two cars.

Sure. Get me a link to the car. BTW if you are talking about the Volo Car' date=' they have no proof that is the MV car. CameraDaytona has inspected the car and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is not correct for either car used on the show. CameraDaytona was able to demonstrate to the museum owners that he has the real deal (known as car 4) and that their car doesn't have any documentation to support that it was on Miami Vice. They don't seem to be bothered by advertising it as the "Real Deal".Check out my website for more on the two cars.[/quote']Thanks and yes it is the Volo carhttp://volocars.com/1973-ferrari-day...vice-c-670.htm

Thanks so much! That was great reading and info. :thumbsup:

Yes, ditto that. Thanks very much for a great article. :cool:I had thought the Volo car was the genuine article. It is certainly priced as if it were.

Yes' date=' ditto that. Thanks very much for a great article. :cool:I had thought the Volo car was the genuine article. It is certainly priced as if it were.[/quote']Every document from Universal, and every report from the set indicates that there were only two Daytonas used. And the Volo car is not one of them.I went today and met with the man who built my Daytona originally. He knew Tom McBurnie and many of the people involved in the manufacture of the original cars (and he does know many of the names, at any rate). He assured me there were at least 12 cars used on the show!!! And it is bad information like that which perpetuates the myth that all these Daytona cars out there on sale on EBay are the real car.I get really frustrated about that. The article I wrote was researched over several years with many calls and emails to Tom McBurnie, many visits with Carl Roberts, and (finally the pot of gold) finding the owner of the remaining car and eventually getting to see it in person.The current owner of the car and I are looking at doing a website for the REAL MIAMI VICE CAR where we can display photos, facts about the cars and answer questions. I will keep the folks on this site advised.And a big THANK YOU to all the positive feedback on the site, and on my car. It is a lot of fun to research this aspect of MV for me, and then even more fun to pass the product on to those who have an interest.

Thanks again, JN for the comments and clarity. Apologies if you already covered this, as I can see you are very knowledgeable on the subject of Daytonas, but do you own the other original used on the show?